Von Miller reflects on Peyton Manning, will work out with Johnny Manziel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Von Miller reflects on Peyton Manning, will work out with Johnny Manziel

Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller is seemingly everywhere after capturing Super Bowl MVP honors last month.

Miller appeared on Saturday Night Live, attended the NBA All-Star Game, and joined the "Dancing with the Stars" cast for the upcoming season.

Peyton Manning announced his retirement from football, and Miller reflected on his teammate's final season.

"It is shocking when you see a legend struggle and have challenges, and the stuff he's having challenges with he's made look so easy in the past," Manning said to GQ's Clay Skipper. "But that's the humbling part of the National Football League: everybody can't do it forever. What's more special is he just altered the way he played for it to be effective for him. Some of the stuff he knew he wasn't able to do, he just didn't do, and he just perfected all of the stuff that he was good at. It was good enough to get us through to the Super Bowl."

Miller is one of the few people still in contact with Johnny Manziel, who is undergoing a tumultous offseason where he's expected to be released by the Cleveland Browns. In spite of Manziel's numerous woes, Miller plans to work out with him this spring.

"I talked to him today. We're going to start working out. I'm not too big to workout with my buddies," Miller said of Manziel. "He was never too big to workout with me. I love him to death. And he knows the type of support he has. It's ultimately all up to the individual, but it also takes a support system and the type of support Johnny has is second to none. I'm first on that list. Whatever he needs, I'm going to get it done for him."

Miller also believes Manziel could up end up with the Broncos.

"Not only will he be back in the league - of course I'm biased - I still feel like he has a lot of game left in him. I feel like the world hasn't even seen him get down yet. Some of the stuff he was doing in college, he gonna do the exact same thing in the National Football League. I feel like - you know you never want to blame a team - I don't think he had enough support around him. Who knows? You might see Johnny Manziel in Denver."

http://teamstre.am/1LN1DvT

I love Von Miller, but I hope he shuts it regarding Manziel. The guy is a complete idiot with no class, talk about a drop off in character for this team.
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

Not just no, but hells no!
      sigpic

Comment

Obviously Ware needs to check his boy, me thinks he's back on the Molly!
        #swapping

Comment

Oh Von, Von, Von. Don't you have some rhumba practice to get to?

Comment

Come on Von stay the hell away from Manziel as far away as possible. The kid is loose cannon a ticking time bomb that will explode again.
            sigpic

Comment

Von, just....no.
              sigpic

Comment

I threw up in my mouth a little while reading this

Comment

There is no way in hell Johnny Manziel is coming to Denver he is a cancer and he will poison this locker room von Miller needs to get off that trip yeah maybe they are good friends but I think we've all had a good friend that we cared about deeply but even deeper we knew this person was a loose cannon and ticking time bomb just that's Johnny Manziel is.

Comment

Wheres charlie brown when you need him? He gave up cleveland when manzania hit...
                    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Adopted Poster
                      AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                        Wheres charlie brown when you need him? He gave up cleveland when manzania hit...
                        Manziel has series mental issues and is serve alcoholic that needs help but only one that can change for better is him. He has no business being apart of NFL right now if I was GM/owner now way I pay him millions of dollars with all trouble he has gotten into.
                        sigpic

Comment

Von has played with Manziel when Manziel was in a situation optimal for his success. Mike Evans, that offensive line, an offense well tailored for his skillset-- Miller has an interesting perspective because he's seen up close what Manziel can do and who he can be.

Does this mean Manziel will be successful in the NFL, or specifically even with Denver and Miller? Absolutely not. The odds are absolutely not in Manziel's favor to ever "make it".

Von knows Johnny to Denver is unlikely and comments regarding how bad of a move it would be are simply unnecessary-- this story is one A&M teammate looking out for another and if anything, Miller trying to get Manziel going is a cool gesture and a move of a leader.

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
                            Von has played with Manziel when Manziel was in a situation optimal for his success. Mike Evans, that offensive line, an offense well tailored for his skillset-- Miller has an interesting perspective because he's seen up close what Manziel can do and who he can be.

Does this mean Manziel will be successful in the NFL, or specifically even with Denver and Miller? Absolutely not. The odds are absolutely not in Manziel's favor to ever "make it".

Von knows Johnny to Denver is unlikely and comments regarding how bad of a move it would be are simply unnecessary-- this story is one A&M teammate looking out for another and if anything, Miller trying to get Manziel going is a cool gesture and a move of a leader.
                            yeah it's an Aggie thing, they both come from the same place. But I highly doubt Miller is seriously entertaining Manziel a Bronco but just trying to be a friend first, which is nice of him. Doesn't matter anyways because I doubt Elway would let Manziel within 50 ft of the Broncos unless he was starting for the Browns on a game day.
                            Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

No. Johnny football is a drunk who beats women. Can we veto this?

Comment

Working...
                              X