Trevathan to sign with the Bears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dukes88 View Post
    Hmmmm... two great home grown guys gone and maybe a third today in Brock. As much as I was tired watching PM play near the end, I know he was a big reason we could attract and keep players in Denver. What a terrible start to the NFL off-season if we add in the cuts of Vazquez, Daniels and Peyton's retirement. If wee lose Brock and have to cut Ware/Clady today, we are really going in an opposite direction.
    Not really, this is a business, and losing players is part of that business. Remember, we lose players every year. With or without Peyton. We lost Franklin, and Julias Thomas while Peyton was playing for the Broncos, we lost Decker and others as well. It's more to do with the market and the salary cap than it is Peyton Manning. Did Manning help attract free agents? Sure. But Marvin Jones just signed with a terrible Lions team, and for what? The money. We are coming off a superbowl win which makes it even harder to keep your own, because everyone wants what you have. Can't keep everyone, the cap won't allow it.

Comment

Wow - we add a bottom tier tackle and lose Danny, Brock and Vickerson. I guess we are starting a new chapter in the Broncos days. That post-Elway to pre-Manning era was terrible, let's not go back there... ok?

Comment

Just a guy, not a big loss.

Comment

Wow - we add a bottom tier tackle and lose Danny, Brock and Vickerson. I guess we are starting a new chapter in the Broncos days. That post-Elway to pre-Manning era was terrible, let's not go back there... ok?
          I'm not too torn up over Vickerson. He didn't make that many plays for us last year.

Comment

Vickerson? You mean the guy let go before last season and went to the Chiefs?

You might be holding on to these FA loses a touch to long.

Comment

4 years 24.5 million w/ 12 guaranteed. That's not bad, I would have thought we would match that. We haven't extended B Marsh either, this is getting rough. I believe in Elway though he will come through.
              Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

Working...
              X