Houston To Sign Osweiler!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chillez View Post
    No it hasn't been good start by any means but this was kind of expected coming off SB win. I'll wait until FA and draft is over before judging.
    I have a tough time putting any positive spin on this. Even after a SB this is not what was expected.

IMO Elway took it for granted that Osweiler would return and his indifference cost the Broncos. Now he is scrambling. I will be doubly disappointed if the Broncos lose a high pick and for the privilege to pay Kaepernick the same or more then it would have cost to keep Osweiler.

As more and more free agents are signed I wonder what the plan is. What is the plan with the salary cap now? So far the Broncos have signed a questionable backup with potential starters money. Many of the Broncos own free agents are moving on to other teams. So far a the exodus is kind of surprising.

Also IMO the Broncos have lost all leverage with Miller. Tough to say we need you to take a "hometown discount" when they are letting a lot of the foundation leave. Hard to convince miller to take less for a SB run when it looks like the plan has shifted towards rebuilding more then repeating. The contracts just continue to go up and Miller will want to get paid market value. Will Elway refuse to pay it for the "sake of the team"?

Going to be very interesting to see how free agency goes from this point. How do they fill the holes in talent and leadership? As I said, I do not agree that this is what Elway and Co envisioned. Now that they have taken the punch to the face how do they react?
    Last edited by FR Tim; 03-10-2016, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
      I have a tough time putting any positive spin on this. Even after a SB this is not what was expected.

IMO Elway took it for granted that Osweiler would return and his indifference cost the Broncos. Now he is scrambling. I will be doubly disappointed if the Broncos lose a high pick and for the privilege to pay Kaepernick the same or more then it would have cost to keep Osweiler.

As more and more free agents are signed I wonder what the plan is. What is the plan with the salary cap now? So far the Broncos have signed a questionable backup with potential starters money. Many of the Broncos own free agents are moving on to other teams. So far a the exodus is kind of surprising.

Also IMO the Broncos have lost all leverage with Miller. Tough to say we need you to take a "hometown discount" when they are letting a lot of the foundation leave. Hard to convince miller to take less for a SB run when it looks like the plan has shifted towards rebuilding more then repeating. The contracts just continue to go up and Miller will want to get paid market value. Will Elway refuse to pay it for the "sake of the team"?

Going to be very interesting to see how free agency goes from this point. How do they fill the holes in talent and leadership? As I said, I do not agree that this is what Elway and Co envisioned. Now that they have taken the punch to the face how do they react?
      I don't know what you mean by this. I never saw Elway going 'all in' money wise for a guy he was not 'all in' with production wise. Another team gambled and now has his services. Funny thing I heard on the radio was since Brock's money is guaranteed, if he doesn't pan out in Houston, Elway could possibly have him back in 2 years for less then he offered this year, if he really wants him.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

I don't know what you mean by this. I never saw Elway going 'all in' money wise for a guy he was not 'all in' with production wise. Another team gambled and now has his services. Funny thing I heard on the radio was since Brock's money is guaranteed, if he doesn't pan out in Houston, Elway could possibly have him back in 2 years for less then he offered this year, if he really wants him.

Comment

• Had to bail last night - too tired to keep up!

A few on the board might think my handle "osfantaztic" means supporting the player not the team. Quite the opposite as I've been a Broncos fan since age 7. I supported Brock because he was one of the Broncos.

Sure I supported Brock - why would anyone not support a player on their all time favorite team? I wanted him to stay in Denver to add continuity to the offense, especially knowing the draft would be light on QBs and few FA options.

He's moved on to the Texans. I don't begrudge a player for moving on to what they believe is in their best interest. All of us operate in our best interest. Players and coaches remain friends as they change teams - not all the time but most. Fans seem to have more issues about these changes.

I have no doubt everything happens for a reason - we'll have our QB soon and maybe draft another.

Last edited by Fantaztic7; 03-10-2016, 04:45 PM. Reason: Add

Comment

• Originally posted by osfantaztic View Post
            The real question at hand, how do I change my username

All kidding aside, sometimes things break down and we don't know the reasons why.
            The mods can change your name if you ask nicely.

Do not start a new account as that could get you banned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garfield View Post
              The mods can change your name if you ask nicely.

Do not start a new account as that could get you banned.
              Thanks. What do you think, kapfantaztic? Maybe I should wait to see who we sign

Comment

Thanks. What do you think, kapfantaztic? Maybe I should wait to see who we sign
                How about #1Broncosfan...
                sigpic

Comment

Had to bail last night - too tired to keep up!

A few on the board might think my handle "osfantaztic" means supporting the player not the team. Quite the opposite as I've been a Broncos fan since age 7. I supported Brock because he was one of the Broncos.

Sure I supported Brock - why would anyone not support a player on their all time favorite team? I wanted him to stay in Denver to add continuity to the offense, especially knowing the draft would be light on QBs and few FA options.

He's moved on to the Texans. I don't begrudge a player for moving on to what they believe is in their best interest. All of us operate in our best interest. Players and coaches remain friends as they change teams - not all the time but most. Fans seem to have more issues about these changes.

I have no doubt everything happens for a reason - we'll have our QB soon and maybe draft another.

but you are only 8 now.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                    How about #1Broncosfan...
                    Well played :thumb:

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                      but you are only 8 now.
                      Oh don't we wish we could start over...

Comment

• :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones