Broncos Courting Ryan Fitzpatrick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Courting Ryan Fitzpatrick

"NFL Network's Mike Silver reports the Broncos have "been in touch" with free agent Ryan Fitzpatrick's player rep.

The Jets and Fitzpatrick are mired in stalemate, while the Broncos are haggling with the 49ers over Colin Kaepernick compensation. Despite all their free agent defections, the Broncos are still very much in "win now" mode with one of the league's best rosters. Fitzpatrick could have success as a 1-2 year plug-and-play option."

What kind of contract do you think would be fair for Fitzpatrick to come and lead the Broncos?

I think our definitions of "courting" are a little different. But yes, this would be awesome.
    New England Patriots GM

Comment

I say heck no, the last time Fitz got big money he tanked. He only plays well when he's not getting franchise money. I'm one of the few posters on this board that hates the idea of a rookie QB or Siemian starting but as of right now with the limited options out there for a veteran I say draft the best QB available at 31 and go from there

Comment

Originally posted by IrishFan81 View Post
        I say heck no, the last time Fitz got big money he tanked. He only plays well when he's not getting franchise money. I'm one of the few posters on this board that hates the idea of a rookie QB or Siemian starting but as of right now with the limited options out there for a veteran I say draft the best QB available at 31 and go from there
        ...or maybe he plays well on decent teams...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
          I think our definitions of "courting" are a little different. But yes, this would be awesome.
          What has Fitzpatrick done in the league that you like,because I don't understand this fascination with him.

He's been proven over and over again,he can't win a big game
          I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Originally posted by IrishFan81 View Post
            Why not both? We could find ourselves in Seattle's situation with Flynn and drafting Prescott(who I see as a poor mans Wilson).
            New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
              What has Fitzpatrick done in the league that you like,because I don't understand this fascination with him.

He's been proven over and over again,he can't win a big game
              Nothing great, nothing bad....but teams in the NFL with personnel that know more about football than me and you keep on giving him a starting job.
              New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                ...or maybe he plays well on decent teams...
                So two mediocre seasons out of 11 and there's a possibility that it's not him that sucks?
                #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
                  Nothing great, nothing bad....but teams in the NFL with personnel that know more about football than me and you keep on giving him a starting job.
                  And they keep getting fired. Which is why the Jets are smart to cut bait and not pay him $17-19mil/year
                  #swapping

Comment

Any minute now are we going to see a tweet from Klis or other Bronco insider letting us know that this has been Elway's plan the whole time.

He is scrambling because he is seeing the very real possibility that the Broncos are going to squander a tremendous defense because of his free agent strategy misfiring.

Wonderful. Why not Fitz. Can you sense my enthusiasm?

Comment

IMO if they are going to pay big money and give up alot to get one of these barneys, why not just trade for McCarran.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                        Any minute now are we going to see a tweet from Klis or other Bronco insider letting us know that this has been Elway's plan the whole time.

He is scrambling because he is seeing the very real possibility that the Broncos are going to squander a tremendous defense because of his free agent strategy misfiring.

Wonderful. Why not Fitz. Can you sense my enthusiasm?
                        Elway didn't misfire. Oz turned down a very nice contract because Houston offered more and he's still upset about being benched. He wanted to leave. As far as the free agent pool, it's not Elway's fault that it's absolutely terrible. When Ryan Fitzpatrick is considered the best guy available, you know it's bad. To compound matters, it's not really a great year for drafting QBs, either. Elway will do the best he can.

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                          So two mediocre seasons out of 11 and there's a possibility that it's not him that sucks?
                          yep

sigpic

Comment

Fitzpatrick = Orton = Hot Garbage
                            "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

I get all the bad hype about Fitz....but.....IMHO.......I value accuracy as #1 in an NFL QB......reading defenses #2.

He's accurate.....which means he can get the ball in our playmakers hands......let our defense do the rest......oh yeah, draft Henry in the first. Problems solved.

Comment

Working...
                              X