Broncos Courting Ryan Fitzpatrick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    IMO if they are going to pay big money and give up alot to get one of these barneys, why not just trade for McCarran.
    Why does everyone think the Bungles would even be open to trading McCarran? I've heard no chatter about it and even if there were ... Do you think they would trade him to Denver, a divisional opponent?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
      I get all the bad hype about Fitz....but.....IMHO.......I value accuracy as #1 in an NFL QB......reading defenses #2.

He's accurate.....which means he can get the ball in our playmakers hands......let our defense do the rest......oh yeah, draft Henry in the first. Problems solved.
      Accurate as compared to whom? He's barely 60% for his career, with 154 td's and 116 int's. He's not good, plain and simple. He's turnover machine.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...F/FitzRy00.htm
      #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
        I think our definitions of "courting" are a little different. But yes, this would be awesome.
        Lmbo I was thinking the same thing. I wonder what John said to Ryan's father, awkward
        Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

I'm actually warming to the idea of Fitzpatrick. The thought of giving a second for Kaep, whom I don't mind at less compensation, made me rethink my position. With that said, if we pay a cent above 12 mill I will shave my beard in rebellion. I'm not sure what that will achieve, but sounds like a good way to tell Fitz I am not happy.

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
            And they keep getting fired. Which is why the Jets are smart to cut bait and not pay him $17-19mil/year
            From what the guys and girls said on NFL network jets are offering him 7m a year.

We can talk with him but I hope we keep the offer at 7 fig a year and if I was him I would stay in NYJ for 7m.

Elway needs to explore all options tho.
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

This seems like posturing from both sides, it's a good way for both sides to gain leverage in their current negotiations.
              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
              I don't know and I don't care

Comment

At least Fitz is a pocket passer where both RG3 and Kaepernick need to learn it.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
                  I'm actually warming to the idea of Fitzpatrick. The thought of giving a second for Kaep, whom I don't mind at less compensation, made me rethink my position. With that said, if we pay a cent above 12 mill I will shave my beard in rebellion. I'm not sure what that will achieve, but sounds like a good way to tell Fitz I am not happy.
                  exactly. why not just use that pick on a rookie.
                  sigpic

Comment

I really wish we could get out of qb limbo. I want a franchise guy for once. Ryan is an old qb with only two above average seasons in his entire career, why are people so obsessed with him? He sucks.

I dont like the idea of kaepernick either, griffin....not crazy about but maybe it could work.

Comment

I think Fitz would be good choice.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                        exactly. why not just use that pick on a rookie.
                        This may be our best bet if the 9ers play hard ball, John don't mess around so that might be what happens. Our offense is going to have a lot of new faces next season it seems, it may be wise to have a vet at QB to help it come together.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
                          I really wish we could get out of qb limbo. I want a franchise guy for once. Ryan is an old qb with only two above average seasons in his entire career, why are people so obsessed with him? He sucks.

I dont like the idea of kaepernick either, griffin....not crazy about but maybe it could work.
                          Exactly...He's Kyle Orton with a much better beard...No thank you. I want a QB who can be around 5-10 years and keep us competitive.
                          sigpic

Comment

We won a superbowl with a qb who threw 11 tds to his 17 ints and was statistically the worst starting qb in the league

I see no reason a seasoned vet with decent mobility, a decent arm cannot do better untill whoever we draft is ready
                            sigpic
                            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                              Exactly...He's Kyle Orton with a much better beard...No thank you. I want a QB who can be around 5-10 years and keep us competitive.
                              The miss was Chase Daniel. Yesterday I posted we should have gone after Daniel or Schaub. Schaub, although older, knows Kubiak's offense. Not big on the idea of Schaub but he would still be an option - give Siemian and draft pick an opportunity to compete to start. If neither works out you have Schaub there.

I liked the idea of Daniel because he's younger. He signed with the Eagles so he's not an option.

In the draft I like Jacoby Brissett, NC State. Lynch will likely be gone before 31.

So we would have Siemian, a veteran QB and draft one.

Daniel signed with the Eagles so that's not an option.

I like Jacoby Brissett, NC State in the 3rd or 4th round.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                                yeah because the market is saturated with those right now..
                                Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Working...
                                X