Broncos Courting Ryan Fitzpatrick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    That's what we all want....that may not be an option with any QB currently available.
    Exactly. Fitz would be more than adequate especially with an improved O line. We should invest in the line now and that helps in 2016 and beyond. Let's face it our offense did just enough to keep us in games.

Comment

Originally posted by osfantaztic View Post
      Here's the article that gives an indication of where Fitz and the Jets stand. We don't know the actual offer at this point. According to Shefter the two sides are far apart and the Jets are supposedly not moving up. Based on the article the Jets could be at $24 mil over 3 years with $12=24 mil guaranteed.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-free-agent-qb

Just a guess I think we would need to come in somewhere near $27 mil over 3 years with $14 guaranteed with most of that front loaded.
      I would be completely fine with this, that's actually dirt cheap for a starter. Draft someone you believe in long term if he exists and let a vet ease the transition. Sink other resources into building an elite offensive line, replenish some depth and move on.
      Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
        I would be completely fine with this, that's actually dirt cheap for a starter. Draft someone you believe in long term if he exists and let a vet ease the transition. Sink other resources into building an elite offensive line, replenish some depth and move on.
        Well said.

Comment

Well said.
          Why thank you sir. For me it comes down to Fitz and Kaep. Everyone is going to have their own flavor but I also think most would agree that not a lot separates the two in overall quality. With that said Kaep will take a pick, at least a 3rd, and a good sized contract to secure. Fitz will take a relatively cheap, and most likely team friendly short term contract. Within that context I think the answer to this question becomes somewhat obvious.
          Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

No info to back it up but IMO Fitz will return to the Jets.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
              That's what we all want....that may not be an option with any QB currently available.
              It might not be, but just in the same way we can sign fitz and draft his replacement, we can also trade for Kap and draft a potential replacement as well. If Kap works out we've got a competent backup, if he doesn't we have the heir apparent.

At least with Kap there is the added potential that he can be something more than just a short term stop gap.
              sigpic

Comment

Don't mind Fitz at all.

As long as our defense is 90 percent of what it was last season, he can still take us places with adequate quarterbacking.
                Adopted Poster
                AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                  It might not be, but just in the same way we can sign fitz and draft his replacement, we can also trade for Kap and draft a potential replacement as well. If Kap works out we've got a competent backup, if he doesn't we have the heir apparent.

At least with Kap there is the added potential that he can be something more than just a short term stop gap.
                  Yeah I think his time with the 49ers affected his potential. Personally I like him since he is a running threat. I'd like to think that talent is still there and he needs a change of coaching after all that has happened in sf. If character issues are in check then I dont mind seeing him in the orange n blue
                  Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

"In 2010, Fitzpatrick was tabbed as the fifth-smartest athlete in sports by Sporting News."

According to Wikipedia.

I'm assuming that Peyton Manning is the Smartest athlete in sports. Fitz went to freakin' Harvard (mathematician). His wife is a Harvard graduate who was an All-American in soccer. I wish he'd been here a year to see how Peyton Manning prepared for games, but we have Trevor Siemian and Greg Knapp who know.

I'm beginning to warm up to the idea of this guy over a QB (Kaep) who wants to play in Cleveland (mistake by the Lake), where Quarterbacks go to die.

Comment

Word is Kap wants to go to Cleveland to play for Hue Jackson. No problem.

Fitz, I'm happy to change my handle to "fitzfantaztic".

Let's get the contract done so we can move forward
                      Last edited by Fantaztic7; 03-11-2016, 09:35 AM.

Comment

I don't mind Fitz, he's pretty good, just a little older (33), but if we get him for a couple of years and draft a Paxton Lynch, that would be good. Only thing is Fitz agent is the same as Osweilers.

Comment

To be honest, I thought The Jets were on to something last season, with Fitz as QB. Lots of good chemistry with his receivers apparently. Smart guy. Pretty tough as well. In fact I am surprised that he is not getting more bread.

He would fit very well on our team. As some say, groom an understudy, and win another SB. If not, Kaep's fine with me. If he can get back to where he was, imagine the excitement! A little faster with the feet than Peyton!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Triple-D View Post
                            I don't mind Fitz, he's pretty good, just a little older (33), but if we get him for a couple of years and draft a Paxton Lynch, that would be good. Only thing is Fitz agent is the same as Osweilers.
                            33 sounds young :thumb:

Comment

LOL, yeah I guess it is pretty young!

Comment

33 sounds young :thumb:
                                Only when compared to what we were dealing with last year lol...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X