Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos Courting Ryan Fitzpatrick

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    To be honest, I thought The Jets were on to something last season, with Fitz as QB. Lots of good chemistry with his receivers apparently. Smart guy. Pretty tough as well. In fact I am surprised that he is not getting more bread.

    He would fit very well on our team. As some say, groom an understudy, and win another SB. If not, Kaep's fine with me. If he can get back to where he was, imagine the excitement! A little faster with the feet than Peyton!!!
    Jets offer is low relatively speaking - I think they are really tight on Kap space.

    Just for the beard we gotta give him a bonus - he'll need it for the winter in Colorado

    Comment


    • #62
      Over the last 2 seasons, with Houston and The Jets, Fitzpatrick had a passer rating of 90.6

      Not too shabby!

      Comment


      • #63
        I am now fully on board the Beardsman wagon, anything to keep butt fumble off the field.
        Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
          It might not be, but just in the same way we can sign fitz and draft his replacement, we can also trade for Kap and draft a potential replacement as well. If Kap works out we've got a competent backup, if he doesn't we have the heir apparent.

          At least with Kap there is the added potential that he can be something more than just a short term stop gap.
          That's using 2 draft picks on one position. might as well use both picks and trade them to move up in the draft.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #65
            Ryan Fitzpatrick: Latest News, Rumors, Speculation Surrounding Free-Agent QB

            http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-free-agent-qb

            Only speculating - is Elway waiting to see if RG3 signs with the Jets? If that happens Fitz could be on the outside looking in for a team.
            Last edited by Fantaztic7; 03-13-2016, 08:22 AM.

            Comment


            • #66
              With Fitz, I would not go with a contract that puts one of our 2017 3rd round comp picks in jeopardy. Without knowing the full formula, the contract would need to be 10M per year or less IMO. I doubt he wants to sign for that, but he could at the end of the day if the Jets move on. This would be option #3 for me.
              Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                With Fitz, I would not go with a contract that puts one of our 2017 3rd round comp picks in jeopardy. Without knowing the full formula, the contract would need to be 10M per year or less IMO. I doubt he wants to sign for that, but he could at the end of the day if the Jets move on. This would be option #3 for me.
                The Jets are reportedly offering him 7/year, so 10 sounds like a significant upgrade and probably his realistic market at this point. If RG3 signs with the Jets it's going to get interesting.
                Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
                  The Jets are reportedly offering him 7/year, so 10 sounds like a significant upgrade and probably his realistic market at this point. If RG3 signs with the Jets it's going to get interesting.
                  Last I checked though reports are saying his price is still too high for the broncos. Does anyone know how much he is asking for?
                  Superbowl 50 Champions!

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    I think I heard oz type money 16-18 mil

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
                      The Jets are reportedly offering him 7/year, so 10 sounds like a significant upgrade and probably his realistic market at this point. If RG3 signs with the Jets it's going to get interesting.
                      With all the inflated QB contracts, $7M per year sounds really cheap! No way is Brock worth $11M more per season!!!

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        With all the inflated QB contracts, $7M per year sounds really cheap! No way is Brock worth $11M more per season!!!
                        I agree with that but it sounds like Fitz and his agent laughed at it. I'm guessing Fitz is hoping for something in the neighborhood of 12 per year. I would offer 30 through 3 years with good outs after each season.
                        Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X