Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texans, Giants, Raiders crushing free agency; Broncos regress

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...roncos-regress

Anybody else think this guy is the worst thing on sports television? He is so insufferable. So he knows more than Elway now? What a freaking tool.
    sigpic

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...roncos-regress

Anybody else think this guy is the worst thing on sports television? He is so insufferable. So he knows more than Elway now? What a freaking tool.
    not the worst. That honor goes to Skip bayless. Don't like this guy either though.
    sigpic

Comment

He's a hack, but he may have this one right
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Who the is Atom shine??
        sigpic

Comment

You may hate the messenger but I tend to agree with the message.

Elway is going to have to do something special to rebuild the offense and probably have a lot of dominoes fall into place for the Broncos to be anything more then a Wild Card hopeful.

Comment

Gotta trust Elway, he has given us no reason not too.

People flipped out when we let JT, Decker and Pot Roast go. Elway knows what he is doing, and he certainly knows more than this loser Adam Schein.
            sigpic

Comment

This guy surely realizes that the Broncos didn't have a QB last year either, right?

Comment

Broncos had next to no cap space and Von Miller to tag, Broncos were going to lose people. And it also would not have mattered what we offered Osweiler. He was going to leave because he was being a little baby for being benched because he underperformed. I expected many of these guys to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                  You may hate the messenger but I tend to agree with the message.

Elway is going to have to do something special to rebuild the offense and probably have a lot of dominoes fall into place for the Broncos to be anything more then a Wild Card hopeful.
                  The offense was always going to need to be rebuilt, whether they kept Osweiler and Anderson or not. They needed to fix things on the o-line. It's not like with those two players the Broncos were ready to break all of the offensive records, they weren't and choosing not to overpay 2 players who could help, but would still be overpaid, won't change what needs to be done too much.

Comment

Osweiler was a below average QB, with only 7 starts. He was not worth that huge contract Imo. Our defense is why we made it as far as we did. We will be fine, and as far as Adam Shein goes, he's an idiot!

Comment

The Broncos just made several "Guru's" in the media look like complete idiots with our win in the Superbowl. Of course they hate us.

I saw a guy on the NFL Network last night suggesting that Von Miller is hurt and angry with the Broncos because we tagged him. I've seen Von Miller interviewed saying that he expects his Agent to get something done with the Broncos, and had no problems at all with the negotiations going on.

Amazing. These media guys are just trying to use the Broncos to sell stories that don't exist.

Comment

When Oz struggles next year because he is slow and still continues to struggle to read a defense (his downside coming out of college) people will say Elway was a smart.

It may change again in Oz's 2nd year in Hou but that is a long time away and that is where most QBs fail.

On a side note Tebow is going to get signed for a bigger contract because his resume is better than Oz's....he has a playoff win under his belt.
                        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Elway said something recently. I should have been paying more attention when he said it, because it makes sense when you add it to something else he focused on a few years ago.

A lot of times I assume that the FO isn't going to be transparent. I accept it as just part of the NFL. Head Coaches, General Managers, Presidents and Vice Presidents. I expect them to BS us to avoid giving away important info. I take it as part of the game: They make these political moves and press statements, sometimes it's an adversarial relationship between the FO/coaching staff and the players/agents. But just recently Elway said this: "We've stayed true to our philosophy of building a team with players who want to be Denver Broncos and want to be here. That's been a successful approach for us." It makes sense in the Brock situation, we aren't going to overpay him. It makes sense in the CJ situation, we aren't going to set him up to think that a draft pick is holding back his pay day. It makes sense in the Trevathan and Malik situation, if you want to chase a pay day then that's your choice to live with. That's how they are going to do things. No hired guns. No mercenaries on the roster.

The other thing from a long time ago? Transparency. I think he means it.
                          Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Agree. All the "analysts" making it like the sky is falling. It's not.

Even if a team could keep every player for the next season it would not guarantee a great season and especially back to back championships. Injuries alone can alter a season significantly. Not to mention the schedule changes.

While it would have been great to have Malik and Trevathan stay we still have an amazing defense. We picked up Taylor to add depth at DT and Wolfe signed - like signing a big time FA.

As far as the offense everything starts on the line. Significantly improving the line reduces the need for a great QB and especially one that would be expensive. A great line means a solid running back can thrive. I like CJ however he was also a bit injury prone. I like the guy as he was a true competitor however we can make that up.

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                              Elway said something recently. I should have been paying more attention when he said it, because it makes sense when you add it to something else he focused on a few years ago.

A lot of times I assume that the FO isn't going to be transparent. I accept it as just part of the NFL. Head Coaches, General Managers, Presidents and Vice Presidents. I expect them to BS us to avoid giving away important info. I take it as part of the game: They make these political moves and press statements, sometimes it's an adversarial relationship between the FO/coaching staff and the players/agents. But just recently Elway said this: "We've stayed true to our philosophy of building a team with players who want to be Denver Broncos and want to be here. That's been a successful approach for us." It makes sense in the Brock situation, we aren't going to overpay him. It makes sense in the CJ situation, we aren't going to set him up to think that a draft pick is holding back his pay day. It makes sense in the Trevathan and Malik situation, if you want to chase a pay day then that's your choice to live with. That's how they are going to do things. No hired guns. No mercenaries on the roster.

The other thing from a long time ago? Transparency. I think he means it.
                              Nice comments.

There are times when the hired guns are needed however those are very specific situations. Elway made arguably the greatest move by signing Manning. There was high risk/high reward however in that situation we needed a franchise QB. He brought in Ware, Talib and TJ Ward as hired guns and they fit exactly what we needed. Elway mixed in the FA signings with the draft and the result was the 3rd championship.

The mixture of players may change slightly however to your point the philosophy remains in place.

Comment

Working...
                              X