Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Right.

The championship defense of 2015 and Super Bowl 50 lost two starters whose production is totally replaceable. The guy who made the plays that resulted in two Denver TDs has been franchised and will soon be signed to a long-term mega-deal. The 2016 Denver defense will be as ferocious being coached by the same guys who lit a fire and turned them loose last year.

The offensive production from the QB position last year was less than stellar, barely mediocre even. 2016 will see the full Kubiak offensive system which requires the QB to know the playbook, understand the script and execute what is called. If the QB, RBs and receivers take care of the ball, all will be well because the D will win the turnover battle.

The big problem is Special Teams. Why isn't anyone whining, crying and wringing their hands about the Long Snapper?
    One of the guys I work with is....hahahahahaha
    sigpic

Comment

• If we get this sanchez, I will be so happy. Nothing is impossible, if pans out, we make another run, if not we get an early pick to draft Deshaun Watson.

Comment

This thread needs a Xanax dispenser.
        More like this entire forum needs a medical warning and disclaimer

"Nothing contained on this web site should be construed nor is intended to be used for medical diagnosis or treatment.

If you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant please consult your physician before using this site.

Do not use this site while operating heavy equipment.

If you start to experience dizziness, fainting, a sudden rise or drop in blood pressure, depression or suicidal thoughts, difficulty breathing, or a strong desire to break the nearest window please call your doctor.

The Broncos, team members, and website personnel take no responsibility for any dumb and/or stupid comments you may write our encounter on this website.

USE THIS SITE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Better yet, just turn your computer off and save yourself the risk of physical or mental injury to yourself or injury you might inflict on others.

Proceed with caution.

You have been warned.

Dead men tell no tales.

404 Error. Document not found."

Comment

• There is lots of time to get this roster ready for next season, for those who think we should have signed Malik/Oz last year - come on, Brock hadn't started a game and Malik was a half time starter. They got lucky and wanted to go to FA. I am not worried about Kubiak finding a RB to replace CJ - that is not a miss, he was let to test the waters and got overpaid for a RB. Doubtful that he plays that contract out. As for the comment above about Elway "not knowing", let's be honest here - none of these are shockers other than Brock getting more money that we wanted to spend - we could do it and know him better than anyone else and decided not to... hmmm...

We have to realize that we didn't have the money to pay all these guys. Von still needs a deal that will pay him 20M range and we have other players we need to sign (Marshall, Sanders, for example). We couldn't pay all of these guys.

I have us with about 20M (with Sanchez's 4.5) left to spend and see a few of those going to Von, some to the OL/RB and maybe abother veteran for the DL. I am hoping we can bring in a QB for the 10M range and do some restructures with Clady for sure.

Comment

• Sanchez's Last 10 Games
            257 for 400 64% Comp 18 TDs and 15 INTs

Manning's 10 Regular Season Games
            198 for 331 60% Comp 9 TDs and 17 INTs

Just sayin' drop the names and compare the two.

Comment

• So we gonna butt-fumble our way to another superbowl?

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                Are we not allowed to question the sanity of this move? Look Elway's a fantastic GM, I trust him, but even fantastic GM's swing for the fences and miss...Hard to see how this move isn't a huge miss...
                Only time will tell. A 7th rd pick in 2017 doesn't seem like a big deal. Sanchez is at the least a guy with experience who can compete for the back up or even starting position based on who else we bring in.
                Last edited by 58Miller; 03-11-2016, 01:31 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                  More like this entire forum needs a medical warning and disclaimer

"Nothing contained on this web site should be construed nor is intended to be used for medical diagnosis or treatment.

If you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant please consult your physician before using this site.

Do not use this site while operating heavy equipment.

If you start to experience dizziness, fainting, a sudden rise or drop in blood pressure, depression or suicidal thoughts, difficulty breathing, or a strong desire to break the nearest window please call your doctor.

The Broncos, team members, and website personnel take no responsibility for any dumb and/or stupid comments you may write our encounter on this website.

USE THIS SITE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Better yet, just turn your computer off and save yourself the risk of physical or mental injury to yourself or injury you might inflict on others.

Proceed with caution.

You have been warned.

Dead men tell no tales.

404 Error. Document not found."
                  E I O U A
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• I like the move as long as we bring in at least one more. You can take a risk on an RG3 or a rookie when you have a backup option. Still hoping we don't sign Cap, and this hopefully inches us in that direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                      Only time will tell. A 7th rd pick in 2017 doesn't seem like a big deal
                      Isn't it a conditional 7th, too? As in, we might not even have to give it up?

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                        I can't see how it isn't anything but brilliant. He got a guy who can be a a great backup or can even be a decent starter and lead the team to wins until we get "our guy". $5M and a late pick next year?...brilliant.
                        I have to agree. I can't help but wonder if we are done looking for a QB. If so, I'm assuming that Elway and Kubiak think Siemian is the guy, unless Sanchez can out play him in pre-season. With Siemian's one year head start on Kubiak's playbook, and a year of learning from Manning, I'm guessing that Elway and Kubiak are confident in his abilities.

Should be interesting to see if we bring anybody else in.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                          I can't see how it isn't anything but brilliant. He got a guy who can be a a great backup or can even be a decent starter and lead the team to wins until we get "our guy". $5M and a late pick next year?...brilliant.
                          This move hurts my soul...Sanchez is SOOOOOOOO bad...Backup sure, but $5M for a backup is so much money for a backup. Sanchez will not make a "decent starter" so we'll have to agree to disagree...I'm not worried about the draft pick, but in my mind, this is $5M of cap space wasted on a backup QB that might not even make the team he's so bad.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                            Only time will tell. A 7th rd pick in 2017 doesn't seem like a big deal. Sanchez is at the least a guy with experience who can compete for the back up or even starting position based on who else we bring in.
                            As I said one post up...The pick isn't the problem, I can deal with the pick...It's the cap hit that kills me...Why would someone even agree to ever pay Sanchez $5M? and now he's going to make that as a backup when we need that cap for so many other things.

Here's to hoping we draft a good starter, Sanchez is not starter material.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                              Are we not allowed to question the sanity of this move? Look Elway's a fantastic GM, I trust him, but even fantastic GM's swing for the fences and miss...Hard to see how this move isn't a huge miss...
                              NO!

There will be no questions at this time.

Mainly because we have no answers.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

The big problem is Special Teams. Why isn't anyone whining, crying and wringing their hands about the Long Snapper?
                                Lol...I remember the last time we had long snapper drama...I remember wondering why we got so worked up about it...Ahhh the good ole McD days...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X