Clady Balking at Paycut / Restructure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clady Balking at Paycut / Restructure

"The Broncos have approached LT Ryan Clady "multiple times" about taking a pay cut but have yet to reach a resolution.

Clady understandably wants his full $9.5 million salary, but the reality is he'll probably have to accept a pay cut if he wants to remain a Bronco. Cutting Clady would create $8.5 million in cap space that Denver could use to address needs at quarterback, running back and tight end. Clady missed all of 2015 with a torn ACL."

I say cut him now and move on.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4616/ryan-clady
    Last edited by ramanboy33; 03-13-2016, 11:00 AM.

Love Clady, but he hasn't been able to stay healthy and he hasn't been himself since the Lis Franc injury. Given the price, it might be time to move on.

Comment

Do you have a Link for that quote?

Comment

Wasn't this dude last month talking about how he would take a pay cut to stay with us?

Cut him now and make a trade for Joe Thomas or just resign Harris, he did decent back their for us.

Comment

he will be cut very soon and can balk all he wants if he doesn't take a pay cut
          sigpic
          "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

Uh ....bye bye

Comment

Think of all that money he was paid and the cap space that handcuffed the Broncos while he rehabbed his 'basketball' injury.

C'mon Clady. You OWE the Broncos. Granted your other injury was football related, but that doesn't help your case that you can come in being anything better than mediocre. No we don't know how you'll perform. And that part of the problem. Chances are that you'll come back being quite limited. You'll have to use your experience to compensate. It works for a couple years, but then even that isn't enough. Look at Manning
              Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                Do you have a Link for that quote?
                I found the same info in this article:

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/3...multiple-times

This is a shame, but I'd say cut him and move on.

Comment

I say cut him and we make a play for Okung, draft a tackle early and a development prospect in the later rounds

Comment

There's no sense in cutting him until you absolutely can't get a deal.
                    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                      There's no sense in cutting him until you absolutely can't get a deal.
                      Yup, we've got till what, June 1 to work this out? Patience in this situation will be best for us.
                      Last edited by Freyaka; 03-13-2016, 11:33 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

This makes no sense because earlier Clady said he wanted to remain a Bronco and was willing to renegotiate. I read that multiple times.
                        sigpic

Comment

If the deal cannot be made and he's cut, should Elway consider Kelvin Beachum? Or, go with the draft?

Comment

I wouldn't take a payout either, rehabbing is hard work.
                            Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

So how many millions were deposited into Clady's bank account while he was watching the Bronco's on tv the past 3 seasons? Bye Bye Rye
                              "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                              PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                              LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Working...
                              X