Clady Balking at Paycut / Restructure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    If the Broncos were a car, this was what we looked like at the end of the McD massacre...

True, but I guess I should say it was the start of a new beginning-- a much better one. Mr Bowlen needed to bring honor and integrity back to the team and Elway was the guy to do it. No matter how bad things get, they will never be as bad as they were with McDaniel and seeing him drive out of town under the cover of darkness was one of the happiest days as a Broncos fan.
    sigpic

Comment

• What would make teams want to trade any draft picks to us for Clady when they could wait it out for us to release him? I'm sure they know we don't really have the space for Clady and his big contract? I'd speculate they'd think the same thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
        What would make teams want to trade any draft picks to us for Clady when they could wait it out for us to release him? I'm sure they know we don't really have the space for Clady and his big contract? I'd speculate they'd think the same thing.
        I think the only trade scenario is if your a really bad team and are in need of a LT and a veteran player. IF you don't think he would pick you if he was a FA then a trade might be the best and only option. But aside from that scenario I agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
          What would make teams want to trade any draft picks to us for Clady when they could wait it out for us to release him? I'm sure they know we don't really have the space for Clady and his big contract? I'd speculate they'd think the same thing.
          Because if they trade for him, he's theirs period. If he hits FA he has the choice of teams. If a team is desperate enough they make the trade to ensure they are the ones who get him.
          sigpic

Comment

• Hold on to him till the last minute, then drop him. See who has the leverage.

Comment

Working...
            X