X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sexton never gave the Broncos a chance to match Houston's offer

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spor...witter-premium

"Sexton never gave the Broncos a chance to match the Texans' offer."

I find this line interesting. So according to the article Sexton put Brock in a blackout and told him answer no calls for anyone until he had a contract done and then never gave the Broncos a chance to match.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

And I as a Denver Broncos fan thank his agent for that. 18 mill for mediocrity (IMO) is bad management.

Comment

Sorry but brock had something to do with that... he is after all paying the agent, if he really wanted to return to denver he would have demanded his agent take the same offer to denver
      sigpic
      "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

I agree with a lot of what has been said. Oz was a very passive player in this and you would think if he wanted to stay that much he would've been more involved.

But still I gotta tell you, Sexton is now one of my least favorite people.
        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

So what! For all we know Elway gave the old "this is my last and final offer" when he offered 3yrs/$39M/$30M guaranteed. We have no clue what those incentives were to earn another $6M.

Houston was offering more years, more money per and guaranteed. And maybe most importantly they were actively coveting him instead of looking for ways to underpay him.

Why does it matter so much. Osweiler is a Texan. Other then the Bronco game I hope he has a wonderful career. Also hope Elway can figure out the Broncos QB situation. So far the scrambling he was forced to do has left a lot to be desired, but I will have some confidence in his statement of "we're not done yet. It is a prove it League. Now prove it!

Elway sets the budget. Osweiler did not fit the budget. Not much you can do about that.

Comment

Well, there you go. Brock didn't want to play for the Denver Broncos.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Teams normally do this to prevent players taking offers back to teams looking for them to match it... I'm sure the HOU offer was good for a small window...

I heard 1 ex-player speak to the free agent process... Spoke about how sometimes a player's gets swept off their feet when a team recruits then... It feels good... Grass always greener type situation... And, mostly, player will regret it a year later.

Osweiler wanted most money but he also wanted out from the Elway and manning shadow. I'm sure state tax and sunshine might have factured in...

Funny how DEN was just voted top city to live in in USA.

I'm sure the final straw was his relationship with Kubiak and the conservative offense (run-orientated, under-the-center Kubes system). The benching didn't ho but I think he believes both rosters are even and he preferred HOU and O'Brien and money over Kubiak and DEN and loyalty.

Comment

Sexton is Tebows Agent, so this is his way to get the Broncos back.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                  Tebow getting cut did cost him a lot of money and time...hmmm

If a player doesn't want to be involved in the transaction, he just wants the best deal, then who cares? It's a business, or at least that's what everyone keeps telling me....

That being said, if a QB, who is the most important person on the field, actually listens to his agent and lets his agent just decided where his career is going to go...man that's a little too passive for me. It's safe to say that he didn't want to be a Bronco.
                  sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                    I don't see why Sexton would want revenge on the Broncos because of Tebow.

Tebow left the Broncos as a starting QB with a playoff win. He was traded without restructuring his contract, so there was no financial damage.

Then the Jets, who currently have Fitzpatrick (also represented by Sexton), are the ones who turned Tebow into a gimmick, a circus freak.

The Patriots and the Eagles cut Tebow before the regular season.

So, of all 32 teams, the Denver Broncos were the only one to let Tebow start as a QB and have some success in the NFL. When he was traded by the Broncos, he was voted one of the NFL's top 100 players.

If anything, the Broncos were the only team who gave Tebow an opportunity. It's too bad Sexton represented a player that could not play QB in the NFL according to 32 teams.
                    sigpic

Comment

Agents are employed by the Player. Players can say either get me the most money you can get, or get me the most money you can get me in the town where I want to play. Brock chose the former. And when he comes up for a new Contract in Houston, if he lasts that long, he will do the same thing to Houston.

And although I was never a brock fan, and believed that Elway was having second thoughts about brock as well, I think signing with Houston will end up being a short-sighted mistake for brock's future. Elway has this Franchise on track to continue to compete for championships. From reading the Houston Chronicle story, I don't know what the hell the Texans are doing when the Owner is sitting in a film room making the final decision. Sounds like a Jerry Jones move to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                        I don't see why Sexton would want revenge on the Broncos because of Tebow.

Tebow left the Broncos as a starting QB with a playoff win. He was traded without restructuring his contract, so there was no financial damage.

Then the Jets, who currently have Fitzpatrick (also represented by Sexton), are the ones who turned Tebow into a gimmick, a circus freak.

The Patriots and the Eagles cut Tebow before the regular season.

So, of all 32 teams, the Denver Broncos were the only one to let Tebow start as a QB and have some success in the NFL. When he was traded by the Broncos, he was voted one of the NFL's top 100 players.

If anything, the Broncos were the only team who gave Tebow an opportunity. It's too bad Sexton represented a player that could not play QB in the NFL according to 32 teams.
                        Maybe he felt that the Broncos treated Tebow unfairly after we made it to the playoffs for the first time in a while.
                        sigpic

Comment

https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/709169578597679104

Talked to source close to Brock Osweiler family who said Brock was GONE from benching/switch to Peyton. #9news #9sports

9:09 PM - 13 Mar 2016

Looks like Brock wanted to leave and the agent only carried Brock's order.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                            https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/709169578597679104

Looks like Brock wanted to leave and the agent only carried Brock's order.
                            Not really, I read from someone in the Denver media that after the San Diego game that Sexton told Osweilers wife that he would get him out of Denver.

I'm on board with the Sexton revenge train. With Tebow and Osweiler I don't think he is very fond of Elway. That won't preclude him from doing deals with Elway. I just think going forward he would rather not deal with us when possible.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                              Not really, I read from someone in the Denver media that after the San Diego game that Sexton told Osweilers wife that he would get him out of Denver.
                              Brandon Spano wrote that article, but I don't buy it. Who would have heard Sexton speaking to Brock's wife right after the game and, if the media heard/knew it, why mention something big like this only after Brock is gone? Makes no sense.

Sexton does not get Brock out of the Denver if the player wants to stay.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X