Sexton never gave the Broncos a chance to match Houston's offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    Well said, to sum it up all we know is Brock wanted to be a Texan more than a Bronco and now he is the enemy!
    Not exactly how I would sum it up, but to each his own.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
      Not exactly how I would sum it up, but to each his own.
      Not sure why he's the enemy either. At this point the real enemies in my book still remain the Patriots.
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

IMO people should take a min to think about the realities of being a agent in the NFL.

Sure they have a few blue chip prospects who will always command a big contract but the vast majority of players maybe....if they are lucky...get one chance at a mega contract. Very few of those lucky players who got one mega contract earn a 2nd one.

That is the reality of a NFL player and their agents.

A player can live a comfortable life with one medium or even low range contract but a agent...they have a different reality.

Since Brock was apparently told to not contact the Broncos the last week or two for fear of "sentimental" issues "confusing" his decision it begs the question

Was his agent thinking that Brock is like so many players who only get one shot at a mega contract so the agant was going to squeeze for every single penny he could.

Honestly Brock has a lot more in common with Matt Cassel then Rodgers.
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

[QUOTE=Hadez;5406963]IMO people should take a min to think about the realities of being a agent in the NFL.

Sure they have a few blue chip prospects who will always command a big contract but the vast majority of players maybe....if they are lucky...get one chance at a mega contract. Very few of those lucky players who got one mega contract earn a 2nd one.

A player can live a comfortable life with one medium or even low range contract but a agent...they have a different reality.

Since Brock was apparently told to not contact the Broncos the last week or two for fear of "sentimental" issues "confusing" his decision it begs the question

Was his agent thinking that Brock is like so many players who only get one shot at a mega contract so the agant was going to squeeze for every single penny he could.

Honestly Brock has a lot more in common with Matt Cassel then Rodgers.[/QUOTE]

Most likely. Because in all reality only a couple QBs in the past 10 years can arguably be compared to Rodgers. The vast majority of NFL QBs would be categorized as "more Cassel then Rodgers".

But it begs the question why is Osweiler being compared to Rodgers? Especially after only seven starts.

We will find out more about Osweiler in the next couple years as he gets starter experience. Too early to call success or failure IMO. So far he showed enough potential to be given a chance to start (and a huge contract) lets see if he can pass Cassel's production or even have a 10 year career. Only time will tell where he fits in the QB hierarchy.

But i agree with you, he is closer to Cassel then Rodgers.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
            Not sure why he's the enemy either. At this point the real enemies in my book still remain the Patriots.
            Spoken like someone cut off behind enemy lines.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
              Spoken like someone cut off behind enemy lines.
              Oh Sam, you have no idea.

Comment

Houston was a division winner last year if Brock is as good as his $18 million dollar contract then they will be a team that we have to beat out for the #1 seed. They are on our schedule. I loved Dumervil but he became the enemy when we played him week 1 in 2013.
                You ain't with us your against us!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                  Houston was a division winner last year if Brock is as good as his $18 million dollar contract then they will be a team that we have to beat out for the #1 seed. They are on our schedule. I loved Dumervil but he became the enemy when we played him week 1 in 2013.
                  You ain't with us your against us!
                  OK. You seem to have much more animosity for him. I don't. Perhaps that's the wrong word but that's the feeling I've gathered reading all your posts over the last few days.

The Texans are just another opponent to me. They certainly have not risen to the level of "enemy" for me like the Pats. I don't think any team could be that for me actually.

Comment

OK. You seem to have much more animosity for him. I don't. Perhaps that's the wrong word but that's the feeling I've gathered reading all your posts over the last few days.

The Texans are just another opponent to me. They certainly have not risen to the level of "enemy" for me like the Pats. I don't think any team could be that for me actually.
                    Nothing wrong with your view, I always root against afc teams when they play NFC because it can only help us and obviously when Houston comes to Denver in my opinion they are the enemy, I like JJ Watt but he is still the enemy to me.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                      Oh Sam, you have no idea.
                      I can't post what my wife says each time the Patriots* are mentioned.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• [QUOTE=FR Tim;5406991]
                        Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                        IMO people should take a min to think about the realities of being a agent in the NFL.

Honestly Brock has a lot more in common with Matt Cassel then Rodgers.[/QUOTE]
                        Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Most likely. Because in all reality only a couple QBs in the past 10 years can arguably be compared to Rodgers. The vast majority of NFL QBs would be categorized as "more Cassel then Rodgers".

But it begs the question why is Osweiler being compared to Rodgers? Especially after only seven starts.

We will find out more about Osweiler in the next couple years as he gets starter experience. Too early to call success or failure IMO. So far he showed enough potential to be given a chance to start (and a huge contract) lets see if he can pass Cassel's production or even have a 10 year career. Only time will tell where he fits in the QB hierarchy.

But i agree with you, he is closer to Cassel then Rodgers.
                        How many QBs have sat behind a first ballot hall of fame QB for a few years before finally starting?

The answer might go a long way to illuminate why Os has been compared to Rodgers.

Comment

• [QUOTE=BroncoSynapses;5409183]
                          Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                          [I]

How many QBs have sat behind a first ballot hall of fame QB for a few years before finally starting?

The answer might go a long way to illuminate why Os has been compared to Rodgers.
                          Not sure what the time requirement is or do they need to be a HoFer or 1st Ballot but four come to mind immediately depending on how strict your requirements are.

Now how many have spent "time" behind the same level of qb and gone on to have a Matt Cassel type career or worse....my guess is that number is 2 figs but closer to 3 figs then 1 fig.

Honestly I think people know what makes a successful qb but coming up with a test that proves it....specifically on the mental sides....is the hard part.

Even if a guy has the talent to play well at first what truly seperates the good vs the rest is what happens after the initial success. The ability to evolve and adjust after NFL defenses have broken down a qbs strengths and weaknesses to start exploiting them. I can think of one HoF qb who had this ability but was not on a team who had the ability to help him get past this.

No one knows for sure anything about Brock. The odds are def against him tho. Odds are he does not have the ability and even if he does....will chasing the greenbacks put him with a franchise who can help him do this.

The truely interesting question we will never know....how many qbs could have done it but were with a franchise who lacked the resources to help them do it.
                          Last edited by Hadez; 03-21-2016, 07:48 AM.
                          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Old news, good luck to Brock. Time to move on.

Comment

Working...
                            X