X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REPORT: Broncos Will Not Match Dolphins Offer To CJ Anderson

Colin Daniels ‏@southstands303

The Broncos will NOT match for CJ Anderson. He will become a Dolphin at 2pm tomorrow per MY source.
    Disappointed but cant say Im suprised. Heavily front loaded offer.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

If true that's very lame
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Probably what's best. I think we all like him more cuz he's a good dude not because he's a fantastic RB.

Comment

Darn!! Best of luck to you CJ! I guess wanting to be a Bronco only applies to certain players.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by Yakka27 View Post
          Probably what's best. I think we all like him more cuz he's a good dude not because he's a fantastic RB.
          I think he's good not great

Comment

If this is true, it is not surprising. CJ never played a full-season, has never rushed for 1,000 yards-- yet the offer by the Dolphins is comparable to those that did. He had some clutch runs, but they all do.

I don't think anyone can blame CJ for leaving for bigger money, but it is only made possible by the stupidity of the Dolphins who seem to have a history of overpaying for players and long off-seasons.
            sigpic

Comment

Don't blame CJ at all for taking the money.

That being said Denver could have had him for 2.5 mil, and he's well worth that.
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Not surprising, when he was tendered the way he was John was saying good bye imo. He is a better fit for a power scheme and he likes to come out every couple plays. I believe he and Hillman are gone and John will address this. Thanks for the effort and heart CJ. I wish you well and will ALWAYS remember the effort you gave down the line including the SB. Huge part of the win.
                My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                  Don't blame CJ at all for taking the money.

That being said Denver could have had him for 2.5 mil, and he's well worth that.
                  I agree, that second round tender would have been a good bargain. I just think Elway and Company wanted to show CJ, most teams don't value RB's anymore. Sadly, they were wrong. I wish him the best, he wasn't very good, but he ran with more heart I have seen from a Denver Back in quite sometime. Hope he does well for the Fins sake.
                  New England Patriots GM

Comment

Well...all i can say is DUH!!!

If they really wanted to keep CJ they would have gave him a 2nd round tender.

Comment

Deadline to match #Dolphins offer sheet to CJ is 2 pm Tuesday. Just talked to person in the know who said no decision has been made yet

Comment

If true this not surprising nor encouraging. Best of luck CJ, hope you and Suh make a killer team
                        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

I like the violent runs..... Darn. Good luck CJ Ill root for you except when you play the Broncos
                          sigpic

Comment

If we Draft a running back in the 1st Round, on a rookie Contract we would be paying 1/5th the price that CJ Anderson would cost by matching the offer.

I liked CJ, but he was an UDFA who was hurt a lot of the time. He's replaceable.

Best of luck to him!

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                              If we Draft a running back in the 1st Round, on a rookie Contract we would be paying 1/5th the price that CJ Anderson would cost by matching the offer.

I liked CJ, but he was an UDFA who was hurt a lot of the time. He's replaceable.

Best of luck to him!
                              we also wouldn't have that first round pick to use on another position such as QB, Oline, or Dline. Keeping him would have filled one of those holes.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X