Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CJ Anderson Stays In Denver - Broncos Will Match Offer

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Broncos have informed RB CJ Anderson they are matching Miami's offer sheet, per source. He stays in Denver.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

That's a good move for you guys to keep him. I like CJ.

Comment

Man...it's hard to beat you guys to the punch! That said, I am happy CJ is sticking around. Too bad we had to spend so much extra to keep him....

Comment

Elway has gotta be kicking himself though for not offering Anderson a 2nd round tender from the beginning. Now are having to pay double to keep Anderson in Denver.
        Denver Broncos
        New York Yankees
        New York Knicks
        Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
          Elway has gotta be kicking himself though for not offering Anderson a 2nd round tender from the beginning. Now are having to pay double to keep Anderson in Denver.
          Yep, Elway rarely makes mistakes, but he misjudged this situation unfortunately.
          sigpic

Comment

Alright, I feel good about this offseason again. TYJE
            Denver Broncos GM
            Originally posted by Mosk
            Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

YES!!!

I'm ecstatic about this. He's home-grown and was/is the heartbeat of our running game.

Now I wouldn't mind if we add a vet (Arian Foster) or draft a RB to go along side him!

Comment

I am SO excited about this!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
                  No doubt. Still, I'm glad he's going to remain a Bronco.

Comment

Whoo hooo! I like cj! Wonder how much of this was the fact that Broncos wanted to keep him, or that Elway put his foot in his mouth with the "we want players who want to be Broncos" talk
                    Nobody reads sigs, hell nobody even reads my posts

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Mora View Post
                      That's a good move for you guys to keep him. I like CJ.
                      Exactly. 2 years in a row... CJ led NFL in rushing (or close to it) in the second half; PLUS, CJ is ELITE when it comes to yards after contact... Dude is a bowling ball -- even Tom Brady went out of his way to talk to Anderson after a game to extol his running prowess.

I know... we tried toe play games and hoped to get CJ for 900K cheaper and now we have to pay a few million more to retain his services... BUT... remember... at the time we made the decision not to tender Cj with a second round slap... we were chasing Malik and Brock. The landscape has changed.

I think re-signing CJ and David Bruton is ESSENTIAL now that we lost both QBs and a few good defensive players.

Having CJ (and possibly Foster) to go with KB and JT and a draft pick.... with a healthier and more experienced OL... THIS will help the offense more than the downgrade from Peyton-Brock to Sanchez. And, we know there will be another QB thrown into the mix.

BUT... even with Sanchez... Mark = Brock (just perhaps lacks the "clutch" factor of Osweiler) and, sad truth is, 2016 Mark > 2015 Manning.

That's simply comparing the QB skills of the QBs... Now... surround Mark with running game and improved OL... Well, he's done it before... taken team to 2 AFCCG... even won a game in Jan in Foxboro.

I'm not hyping Sanchez... But I am so happy we kept CJ. It'll hurt financially this year... But we obviously had money to spare b/c our two main targets (Malik and Brock) left DEN. And, moving forward... if CJ stays healthy and produces a full season... He should be a cheap RB in years 2 and 3, no? Contract is front loaded?

Comment

Originally posted by Hesky View Post
                        No doubt. Still, I'm glad he's going to remain a Bronco.
                        Yep, this was a smart move. I wish we'd have stuck a 2nd round tender because no way Miami goes after him then, but it is what it is.

That said, we gotta get Clady restructured or cut now, this leaves us hurting for cap again.
                        sigpic

Comment

CJ was kicking and screaming. He still has yet to hit his ceiling, it will be great to see him with a QB that can threaten to run to keep the backside from crashing down.

Also good thing with the front loaded thing is, we may hurt this year but in future years we are in good shape.
                          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer1531 View Post
                            Whoo hooo! I like cj! Wonder how much of this was the fact that Broncos wanted to keep him, or that Elway put his foot in his mouth with the "we want players who want to be Broncos" talk
                            Good point. But... with the QB situation... we couldn't afford to roll dice on ??? at RB. We know CJ is a very good to great complimentary RB (a quasi lead horse if he doesn't have to carry the full load). PLUS, he is clutch and at his best when it matters most... 4th quarter and playoffs. That's important. I think if you add Foster on the cheap... you have two guys to comprise 1 POTENT lead dawg at RB.

Comment

Great news

Comment

Working...
                              X