No announcement yet.

CJ Anderson Stays In Denver - Broncos Will Match Offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Elway matching the offer sheet tells me - Elway confident in not just acquiring Kaepernick, but also Kaepernick agreeing in a very cap friendly restructure.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
      Good point. But... with the QB situation... we couldn't afford to roll dice on ??? at RB. We know CJ is a very good to great complimentary RB (a quasi lead horse if he doesn't have to carry the full load). PLUS, he is clutch and at his best when it matters most... 4th quarter and playoffs. That's important. I think if you add Foster on the cheap... you have two guys to comprise 1 POTENT lead dawg at RB.
      Yea, Foster/Anderson will be a potent 1-2 punch if they both can stay healthy. That's the big knock on both of them.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
        What Elway matching the offer sheet tells me - Elway confident in not just acquiring Kaepernick, but also Kaepernick agreeing in a very cap friendly restructure.
        Or it could mean he knows he's going to draft a rookie and a young starters best friend is a healthy running game to ease the load. We have no idea what the current plan is at QB, just a lot of speculation.

We don't know anything based off this move other than CJ Anderson will remain a Bronco.
        sigpic

Comment

One less issue. Lots of time. Lots of possibilities. Land another QB, draft an RB, shore up Oline/Dline......we're ready for another run!!

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
            Yep, this was a smart move. I wish we'd have stuck a 2nd round tender because no way Miami goes after him then, but it is what it is.

That said, we gotta get Clady restructured or cut now, this leaves us hurting for cap again.
            Situation changed in between the decision not to tender and then now deciding to match... Brock left the building... So, we now have the money and a greater urgency to ensure we have a running game to support weaker QB play.

I think Elway was fine letting CJ walk, grab a nice comp pick next year... If we could keep Brock, we would find a way at RB. Since OZ left, we didn't feel comfortable having nada at RB and QB.

So... Elway proves he is fluid, adaptable, never cornered, and always willing to resort to options C,D,& E.

Also, this means that Clady has decided to give back 5 mil (money to pay CJ) or we're gonna cut Clady (money for CJ plus money for Bruton).

2.5 vs 6 mil... Not the crime of the century. Elway gambled with a pair. Lost. Folded. Looked for a better hand.

Comment

Awesome! More good news after agreeing on a deal to keep DeMarcus here!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                Exactly. 2 years in a row... CJ led NFL in rushing (or close to it) in the second half; PLUS, CJ is ELITE when it comes to yards after contact... Dude is a bowling ball -- even Tom Brady went out of his way to talk to Anderson after a game to extol his running prowess.

I know... we tried toe play games and hoped to get CJ for 900K cheaper and now we have to pay a few million more to retain his services... BUT... remember... at the time we made the decision not to tender Cj with a second round slap... we were chasing Malik and Brock. The landscape has changed.

I think re-signing CJ and David Bruton is ESSENTIAL now that we lost both QBs and a few good defensive players.

Having CJ (and possibly Foster) to go with KB and JT and a draft pick.... with a healthier and more experienced OL... THIS will help the offense more than the downgrade from Peyton-Brock to Sanchez. And, we know there will be another QB thrown into the mix.

BUT... even with Sanchez... Mark = Brock (just perhaps lacks the "clutch" factor of Osweiler) and, sad truth is, 2016 Mark > 2015 Manning.

That's simply comparing the QB skills of the QBs... Now... surround Mark with running game and improved OL... Well, he's done it before... taken team to 2 AFCCG... even won a game in Jan in Foxboro.

I'm not hyping Sanchez... But I am so happy we kept CJ. It'll hurt financially this year... But we obviously had money to spare b/c our two main targets (Malik and Brock) left DEN. And, moving forward... if CJ stays healthy and produces a full season... He should be a cheap RB in years 2 and 3, no? Contract is front loaded?
                Good post man.

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                  CJ was kicking and screaming. He still has yet to hit his ceiling, it will be great to see him with a QB that can threaten to run to keep the backside from crashing down.

Also good thing with the front loaded thing is, we may hurt this year but in future years we are in good shape.
                  To everything there's a counter-force. Frontloaded = backsoftened

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    One less issue. Lots of time. Lots of possibilities. Land another QB, draft an RB, shore up Oline/Dline......we're ready for another run!!
                    I really think the D-line is fairly shored up with what we have on the team, that said we could use a little depth. The o-line is going to be key. We've gotta have a better line in 2016 if we're going to make another run no matter who our QB/RB, ect... are.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm torn about this move. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE CJ... but if he would have been allowed to go to the dolphins, he'd have been in the same division as the pats with an opportunity to hurt them twice a year. That potentially could have helped us, by making the division tougher for the pats and we would have saved money.

I'm not complaining though. Love CJ.

Comment

I'm glad for both CJ and the team. CJ might not (yet!) be the best fit for a zone running scheme and hopefully more exposure and good coaching can get him better up to speed (pun intended). It's his intangibles that really make him stand out. He seems genuinely sincere, humble, and a hard worker. He may not be a vocal leader but he is a great example and I suspect a plus in the locker room.

I sure as heck hope CJ didn't get any tattoos while down in Miami.

Comment

We signed him as a number 1 RB until his eighth year. He better show us something new!

Comment

Ole #7 is getting things tightened up!

Comment

I wouldn't say it was a mistake. The tender only keeps him here for 1 year. Now we have a 25 year old RB locked up until he's 29. It probably would have cost the team even more next year to sign him seeing how salaries keep going up at crazy rates.

Comment

I'm glad we get to keep him, he's a good back but it's a little surprising how they went about it. Clearly a miscalculation on their part seeing as they wanted to keep him in Denver all along.

Oh well.
                                Adopted Poster
                                AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Working...
                                X