CJ Anderson Stays In Denver - Broncos Will Match Offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    I really think the D-line is fairly shored up with what we have on the team, that said we could use a little depth. The o-line is going to be key. We've gotta have a better line in 2016 if we're going to make another run no matter who our QB/RB, ect... are.
    I agree. NE just traded Chandler Jones b/c they know they can replace Jones with a 1st or 2nd round draft pick. DEN can replace Malik with a draft pick in rounds 1-5 (with all the DL talent).

The OL is a must. The only question is where is the need? We know Paradis is the OC... after that, everything is fluid. Is Garcia or Ty or Schofield options at OG? Will we keep Clady? Could we live with Stephenson at LT? I think we have pieces... but where and how they fit? So, when it comes to drafting... do we go OT or OG? Probably depends on Clady.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      Yep, Elway rarely makes mistakes, but he misjudged this situation unfortunately.
      It was a mistake but Elway may have been thinking he was resigning Brock and Malik.
      sigpic

Comment

So since CJ is a Bronco this year, does that mean he's still injury prone, out of shape, garbage?

sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Elway knows what he's doing! In Elway We Trust! He's not gonna overpay!!!!

sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by donnyrides View Post
            I wouldn't say it was a mistake. The tender only keeps him here for 1 year. Now we have a 25 year old RB locked up until he's 29. It probably would have cost the team even more next year to sign him seeing how salaries keep going up at crazy rates.
            Good point, I like your "glass half full" thinking :thumb:
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
              It was a mistake but Elway may have been thinking he was resigning Brock and Malik.
              A mistake? That's easy to say with 20/20 hindsight. But I agree that part of the decision may have had something to do with letting brock and Malik go. I imagine that Elway was thinking "who is going to sign a RB who is knicked up all the time, and who didn't even lead the Broncos in Rushing" last season.

For me, this was nothing but Elway sending a message that no team is going to sign away our Restricted Free Agents. It was a "territorial" statement to the competition.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                Elway knows what he's doing! In Elway We Trust! He's not gonna overpay!!!!

Yes it hurts year one, but after that the contract is very favorable, especially for what CJ can do. It win from now on.
                What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                I don't know and I don't care

Comment

I'm not sure Elway did get it wrong, maybe he just wanted another team to set CJ's market.

If we give him a 2nd round tender it saves a little money but then he's a FA again next offseason. With an improved OL and hitting his prime CJ could easily have a big year and want more then 4.5 a year.

This way we signed him through the next 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                    Yes it hurts year one, but after that the contract is very favorable, especially for what CJ can do. It win from now on.
                    Also, on the positive side, CJ said he was offered more money elsewhere... but wanted MIA (bc of Gase). So, this could've been worse.

Comment

It may have been a Mistake by Elway not to put a second round tender on him, but CJ is the exact definition of Kicking and Screaming, He is a very Humble Kid who plays with every ounce he has, I am happy to see CJ get paid and cant wait to see what the future brings for us with him.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                        I'm not sure Elway did get it wrong, maybe he just wanted another team to set CJ's market.

If we give him a 2nd round tender it saves a little money but then he's a FA again next offseason. With an improved OL and hitting his prime CJ could easily have a big year and want more then 4.5 a year.

Look at Ivory as an example, he had his best year in a contract year, and is now over 6m a year to split carries. We get it year 1, but after that we are in good shape.
                        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                          Yeah but all anyone had to say for the last 5 days was that CJ was overrated, oft injured, not special, had no other abilities than being a bowling ball, didn't have great vision, and that there was NO WAY Elway would've paid THAT much for someone who's easily replaceable.

oops.

I'm very excited. He needs to come with the thunder though. Now it's on him to be a producer and carry this offense.
                          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post

Yep. And this is an example of paying for someone you want long term.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                              And if we slapped CJ with a 2nd round tender and he explodes for 1300 yards... How much would that have cost DEN in 2017 and beyond?

Now, if we trade for KAP, draft Lynch or DAK, or develop Trevor. They'll have CJ and a young, developing OL. Should be nice... Then, come 2018... start addressing the WR position.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                                No this is an example of a GM overpaying a player because he's been misjudging the market.

Not directed at you, but all of this talk out both sides of people's mouths is hilarious.
                                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Working...
                                X