CJ Anderson Stays In Denver - Broncos Will Match Offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
    Elway has gotta be kicking himself though for not offering Anderson a 2nd round tender from the beginning. Now are having to pay double to keep Anderson in Denver.
    That's not how I see it. I said in another thread last week and I'll say it here.....in the long run, Denver wins this deal.

Doug Martin re-signed for $7 per.
    Chris Ivory signed for $8 per.
    Lamarr Miller signed for around $6.5ish per.
    C.J. re-signed for $4.5 per

Winner = DENVER!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
      No this is an example of a GM overpaying a player because he's been misjudging the market.

Not directed at you, but all of this talk out both sides of people's mouths is hilarious.
      Your just guessing like all of us, we don't know what the FO was thinking. I imagine they would have known that some team would make CJ an offer, and if they think it's too much we wouldn't have matched

Comment

So since CJ is a Bronco this year, does that mean he's still injury prone, out of shape, garbage?

I haven't seen the out of shape or garbage, but he is injury prone, that doesn't change regardless of if his back next season. Hopefully he overcomes that and stays healthy this season.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
          That's not how I see it. I said in another thread last week and I'll say it here.....in the long run, Denver wins this deal.

Doug Martin re-signed for $7 per.
          Chris Ivory signed for $8 per.
          Lamarr Miller signed for around $6.5ish per.
          C.J. re-signed for $4.5 per

Winner = DENVER!!!
          Good post.

Wow, Miller at 6/5 ! I like him but that's way too much. Houston paying out big this off-season .... that normally works for teams

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
            I haven't seen the out of shape or garbage, but he is injury prone, that doesn't change regardless of if his back next season. Hopefully he overcomes that and stays healthy this season.
            At this price tag, he better produce all 16 games of the regular season like he does in the second half of the season.
            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
              In the last 2 seasons since becoming the starter he has played in 34 of 36 games. Not sure where this injury prone tag has come from

Comment

Kicking and Screaming all the way. Bronco for life. Great investment and look forward to seeing him at the Huddle next year.

Comment

At this price tag, he better produce all 16 games of the regular season like he does in the second half of the season.
                  As long as he does enough in the regular season, and carries us in the postseason I'm fine with it.
                  What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                  I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 16 mins16 minutes ago

Elway says he doesn't wish he'd put the 2nd-round tender about him. "We've got him for four years," he said.

There you go, just like I said. We wanted him long term, not just a year

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                      Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 16 mins16 minutes ago

Elway says he doesn't wish he'd put the 2nd-round tender about him. "We've got him for four years," he said.

There you go, just like I said. We wanted him long term, not just a year
                      ...then why even let him go get a deal from someone else? If you wanted him for multiple years why didn't you offer him a multiple year deal?

This is like someone falling and then getting up saying "i meant to do that!" lol

I'm just happy he's here, we're gonna need him.
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

cap hit for 2016: 2.1M (will be 23rd in the league)
                        cap hit for 2017: 4.3M (will be 16th in the league)
                        After that, nothing is guaranteed and he'd only have 2.6M dead money on his contract.

It's not that crazy of a deal if you look at the details.

Comment

...then why even let him go get a deal from someone else? If you wanted him for multiple years why didn't you offer him a multiple year deal?

This is like someone falling and then getting up saying "i meant to do that!" lol

Elway has always been about letting the market dictate a player's value, in this case, the Dolphins set the value and we benefited from it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Letting a player see what his real worth is can be a good thing. Then matching that offer puts his Morale at a all time high. Was this the plan ? not sure, but am glad it worked out that way.

Now can move forward with one less worry.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                              I'm not sure Elway did get it wrong, maybe he just wanted another team to set CJ's market.

If we give him a 2nd round tender it saves a little money but then he's a FA again next offseason. With an improved OL and hitting his prime CJ could easily have a big year and want more then 4.5 a year.

This way we signed him through the next 4 years.
                              If this is true Elway and crew really are playing chess while the rest of us are playing checkers!

Comment

He did that with Oz but you keep saying that he low balled him ...
                                sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

Working...
                                X