Clear All

• LSIGRAD09
    replied
    Hooray! Love CJ. So happy he's staying.

Leave a comment:

• TheLumberjacks
    replied
    Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    He took less cash to stay in Denver, ironically. The Bears apparently offered more money, but they knew the Broncos wouldn't match.

I'm so stoked this kid is a Bronco.
    Great point. I like the move, I like CJ. I like everything about this haha

Leave a comment:

• VenomousDB
    replied
    I knew about that jersey before you did
    Ha I know. Turned out to be a good choice. Phew

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
    Hey look my adopt a bronco! And I just got a CJ jersey. Glad he's staying.
    I knew about that jersey before you did

Leave a comment:

• VenomousDB
    replied
    Hey look my adopt a bronco! And I just got a CJ jersey. Glad he's staying.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    I agree with many of your sentiments that Elway may have finally err'd as GM here with CJ

BUT - at least and in my humble opinion - it couldn't have happened to a BETTER guy.

I LOVE CJ. Couldn't be happier to see this thread today.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    In the last 2 seasons since becoming the starter he has played in 34 of 36 games. Not sure where this injury prone tag has come from
    Playing games isn't the entire picture though. He's played through injury but he has seen a lot of injuries in the last two seasons. The injuries this season really hampered his play until about midway through the season when he had sufficiently recovered.

Leave a comment:

• CDUB1620
    replied
    In the last 2 seasons since becoming the starter he has played in 34 of 36 games. Not sure where this injury prone tag has come from
    He finds himself on the injury report a lot, but plays through the injuries. Glad to have him back.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    He took less cash to stay in Denver, ironically. The Bears apparently offered more money, but they knew the Broncos wouldn't match.

I'm so stoked this kid is a Bronco.

Leave a comment:

• DarkHorse26
    replied
    ...then why even let him go get a deal from someone else? If you wanted him for multiple years why didn't you offer him a multiple year deal?

This is like someone falling and then getting up saying "i meant to do that!" lol

I'm just happy he's here, we're gonna need him.
    He did that with Oz but you keep saying that he low balled him ...

Leave a comment:

• SammyWinder
    replied
    I'm not sure Elway did get it wrong, maybe he just wanted another team to set CJ's market.

If we give him a 2nd round tender it saves a little money but then he's a FA again next offseason. With an improved OL and hitting his prime CJ could easily have a big year and want more then 4.5 a year.

This way we signed him through the next 4 years.
    If this is true Elway and crew really are playing chess while the rest of us are playing checkers!

Leave a comment:

• colowoz
    replied
    ...then why even let him go get a deal from someone else? If you wanted him for multiple years why didn't you offer him a multiple year deal?

Letting a player see what his real worth is can be a good thing. Then matching that offer puts his Morale at a all time high. Was this the plan ? not sure, but am glad it worked out that way.

Now can move forward with one less worry.

Leave a comment:

• JayJack
    replied

This is like someone falling and then getting up saying "i meant to do that!" lol

Elway has always been about letting the market dictate a player's value, in this case, the Dolphins set the value and we benefited from it.

Leave a comment:

• SecondsAway131
    replied
    At this price tag, he better produce all 16 games of the regular season like he does in the second half of the season.
    cap hit for 2016: 2.1M (will be 23rd in the league)
    cap hit for 2017: 4.3M (will be 16th in the league)
    After that, nothing is guaranteed and he'd only have 2.6M dead money on his contract.

It's not that crazy of a deal if you look at the details.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 16 mins16 minutes ago

Elway says he doesn't wish he'd put the 2nd-round tender about him. "We've got him for four years," he said.

There you go, just like I said. We wanted him long term, not just a year

Leave a comment:

Working...
X