No announcement yet.

Bruton to Redskins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to NFL.com we matched the offer and he still decided to leave to vie for more playing time.

Comment

Thank you for all you've done for the Broncos, and the community in Denver. You'll be greatly missed you were great teammate and leader. Good luck in DC.
      sigpic

Comment

More power to him, good luck Mr. Bruton, thanks for all you did here!

Comment

He was a good depth guy here. Sounds like he's getting a chance to start in DC. Good luck, he's a good player.
          sigpic

Comment

Darn, looks like the Broncos had the same offer on the table but he chose Washington
            sigpic

Comment

He deserves a chance to start. He just wasn't going to get the chance here - barring injury. I get why he'd move on. Good luck, sir.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by randy2191 View Post
                According to NFL.com we matched the offer and he still decided to leave to vie for more playing time.
                that is too bad but time to move on then. he wants to play, can't blame him. it is too bad, unique in the sense could have continued to be a captain and play his entire career here. possible ROFer. possible.

Comment

Washington got a great player and even better person. Good Luck, David!
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Had to see him leave but not surprised good luck brute

Comment

Don't the Skins train in Virginia and play in Maryland? I'm not sure he'll actually ever even be in DC.

Comment

Cant really blame him if he wants to start, was never gonna happen with Stewart/Ward on the team.

Comment

Bruton gave us a lot of good years of ST play and backup safety.

I understands he wants to play more and wish him all the best in Wash
                          Lets Ride!

Comment

It was Bruton's toughness against the Steelers that made us a championship team. Played on a broken leg. Took a nasty spear to his head (dirtiest hit I've ever seen) and got right back up. The team changed after that performance.

Comment

Originally posted by randy2191 View Post
                              I can understand since he was a backup in Denver for 7 seasons, but Ward and Stewart have dealt with a lot of injuries. I am sure Bruton would play a big role for our defense. While Ward and Stewart made around 60 tackles each, Bruton made 49 tackles + a lot of plays in coverage - and Bruton himself missed 3 regular-season games + playoffs because of injury. He played so much last season he was looking like Bradley Roby of our safeties. If we matched the offer, then we were willing to pay him more than D. Stewart who is the starter. That's a sign of respect and a recognition of his value on special teams. I wish he had stayed.
                              sigpic

Comment

Bruton was a good player and we will miss him. Good luck in Washington.
                                sigpic
                                Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                                2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                                2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Working...
                                X