Malik said he would've signed for anything last summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    I understand Malik's point. Why would you sign a contract with 4 games left in the regular season? You're making plays, being noticed as a key contributor for the best defense in the league. Wolfe and Harris signed their contracts, but they're the exception these days. Players want to test the market and see how much they're worth. I don't blame Malik. There's a huge difference between offering a contract in camp or during the early part of the season and offering a contract late in the season when your value has increased and you're few steps away from your first free agency. I think Elway should review his strategy of waiting so much time to work on these deals.
    I don't disagree with the logic. I just find his belly aching annoying. He went for the money, and now he's trying to pretend that he didn't. He refused to sign because he thought he could get more than what he was offered, and now he is pretending that he wasn't offered anything. He is all about the money, and he pretends that he needs tens of millions of dollars because he has a kid. Like I said, screw him, he's full of crap.
    Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Yawn. Best of luck in Jacksonville (not being sarcastic).
      Adopted Poster
      AZ Snake Fan

Comment

I think the article on ESPN today is telling (all about the money) - the one line that jumped out at me was this: "I came into this league by myself and I'll leave by myself". I think he should just go start getting ready for the season and stop making himself look ridiculous. The other day he said he went there because Jacksonville was an up-and-coming team, and then it was "Broncos could have had us for nothing" and then... JUST STOP... Maybe we will bring you back in a couple years when you don't live up to the 90M in Jacksonville.

http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville...shingly-honest

Comment

Originally posted by dukes88 View Post
          I think the article on ESPN today is telling (all about the money) - the one line that jumped out at me was this: "I came into this league by myself and I'll leave by myself". I think he should just go start getting ready for the season and stop making himself look ridiculous. The other day he said he went there because Jacksonville was an up-and-coming team, and then it was "Broncos could have had us for nothing" and then... JUST STOP... Maybe we will bring you back in a couple years when you don't live up to the 90M in Jacksonville. ...

I don't see Elway doing that. Elway said he's looking for guys who want to be Broncos. Jackson obviously isn't that guy.

Comment

Working...
          X