Denver bringing in Okung for a visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver bringing in Okung for a visit

OT Russell Okung expected to visit Broncos, source says. Denver looking to bolster OL after losing Ryan Harris. Clady situation fluid too.

Per Mike Garafolo

His reported price tag was high, and he also has an extensive injury history. Interesting development though.
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

okung visting

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-in-for-visit/

Comment

If we have an incentive based, short term contract, it would benefit both sides greatly. I would like to retain Clady, but I doubt we can keep both players.
      Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Leverage for Clady?
        2016 San Diego Chargers GM & New York Giants GM - see bio for trade block/needs

Comment

Makes you think the Clady restructure isn't going well, and he may be headed out.

Comment

I just read this. The most realistic scenario is if we sign Okung, Clady will be cut but I would like your guys opinion on moving Clady to right tackle and signing Okung to Left tackle? Obviously we would still want Clady to take a pay cut.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
              If we have an incentive based, short term contract, it would benefit both sides greatly. I would like to retain Clady, but I doubt we can keep both players.
              I heard he was looking for 11-13 per year. I think that number has changed as he's still on the market. The question is how low will he go?

Comment

Originally posted by uknflfan View Post
                Leverage for Clady?
                A move for Denver trying to gain leverage.

Comment

I would imagine if he would sign for the amount we asked Clady to restructure to, Clady will be released and Okung will be LT. If Clady agrees to cut the pay, he will be back and Okung will leave without a deal. Who wants to be here more.
                  2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                    I heard he was looking for 11-13 per year. I think that number has changed as he's still on the market. The question is how low will he go?
                    No way Okung gets that. If teams had that kind of value on him he would already have been signed. I think his value will be very similar to Clady's.

Base value around $3-5M with incentives that max out at $7-9M is my guess.
                    2016 San Diego Chargers GM & New York Giants GM - see bio for trade block/needs

Comment

Leverage for Clady possibly, but depends what Okung is looking for.

Supposedly asked for 11-13 but with Penn only getting 7 a year, albeit 4 years older but better, more durable. Would he settle for a 1-yr deal to hit the market next year.

Comment

Originally posted by uknflfan View Post
                        No way Okung gets that. If teams had that kind of value on him he would already have been signed. I think his value will be very similar to Clady's.

Base value around $3-5M with incentives that max out at $7-9M is my guess.
                        He's not signing that cheap, around 7-9+ a year would figure.

Comment

This sounds like leverage in case Clady does not restructure his contract and walks.
                          sigpic

Comment

7M with incentives would be okay. May even give him a substantial 3rd year number...a cut or payday situation so he could conceivably hit the market again at age 30 and get a 3rd contract.
                            Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Torn labrum and dislocated shoulder injuries could be problematic.

Comment

Working...
                              X