Denver bringing in Okung for a visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    This whole Clady/Okung/Stephenson/Sambrailo tackle thing is getting interesting! I don't feel like we will keep all of them, seemingly Clady at this point. But if we do, we have DEPTH!!!! Okung's contract has zero dollars guaranteed, so that sounds pretty cool from our perspective. As for Clady, it's so hard to determine. Does he have much left to give? Is he willing to work within our budget?

And yes, maybe we will package one of them (not Sambrailo) as part of a deal.

With Elway, who knows....other than the wheels are in motion.
    The O-Line doesn't really have any depth yet. It will be a surprise if Ryan Clady isn't traded or released. If the five turn out to be Okung, Sambrailo, Paradis, Garcia and Stephenson, there isn't much quality depth behind them. At the moment, I guess Schofield would be #6. Myers was a rookie fifth round pick of the Ravens. Everyone else is an inexperienced UDFA except for Brenner who had four starts for Miami in 2013, I believe. If Clady stays, the depth would be better, but I have a feeling that won't happen because of the salary cap.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      The O-Line doesn't really have any depth yet. It will be a surprise if Ryan Clady isn't traded or released. If the five turn out to be Okung, Sambrailo, Paradis, Garcia and Stephenson, there isn't much quality depth behind them. At the moment, I guess Schofield would be #6. Myers was a rookie fifth round pick of the Ravens. Everyone else is an inexperienced UDFA except for Brenner who had four starts for Miami in 2013, I believe. If Clady stays, the depth would be better, but I have a feeling that won't happen because of the salary cap.
      I worry about our guards now and I know this would be an issue if we released Vaz but I trust the coaches on this one.

Right now our depth is Schof, starting RT for a Super Bowl champ and Steph who imo appears better then Schof.

Center...not sure if most teams have depth here.

We def need to add some rookies and who knows where competition will go but my guess is this OL will be much better then last year already.
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        This whole Clady/Okung/Stephenson/Sambrailo tackle thing is getting interesting! I don't feel like we will keep all of them, seemingly Clady at this point. But if we do, we have DEPTH!!!! Okung's contract has zero dollars guaranteed, so that sounds pretty cool from our perspective. As for Clady, it's so hard to determine. Does he have much left to give? Is he willing to work within our budget?

And yes, maybe we will package one of them (not Sambrailo) as part of a deal.

With Elway, who knows....other than the wheels are in motion.
        If Elway trades or cuts Clady...seems like just enough cap space signed to bring in a veteran QB like Fitz or make the Kap trade. I'm not big on trying to sign Kap unless the deal is friendly for the Broncos. Like a few have said on the board maybe Elway and Kubiak see a lot of upside for Kap after seeing him first hand last summer.

Comment

Working...
        X