Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peyton Manning will retire a Bronco, forego one-day Colts contract

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Peyton Manning will retire a Bronco, forego one-day Colts contract

    Did not see this posted, any validity in this report?

    http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/3...e-day-contract
    Nobody reads sigs, hell nobody even reads my posts

  • #2
    He'll retire a Bronco but every fan will think of the Colts when you say the name Peyton Manning, and rightfully so. What he did for the Colts organization was nothing short of amazing. He will always have a place in Denver history as well and I will always be greatful to him for bringing another trophy home.

    Comment


    • #3
      It wouldnt matter to me if he retired a Colt, he will still be wearing a Denver Broncos Super Bowl Ring on his finger, im happy with that.
      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        as a Bronco fan when I hear the name Peyton Manning I think of the Broncos because in all reality he was the Denver Broncos quarterback for a time. I do not think about the Colts out-of-sight out-of-mind Peyton Manning with the Broncos is all that I see.

        that's for young people that may not have gotten to see Peyton Manning play all they have to do is Google his name and this is what you get.
        Last edited by Sam_Z; 03-20-2016, 01:03 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          He will go into the Hall of Fame as Colt. We both had our mutual interests met, he broke records and we won a Superbowl. We should be happy with this.
          New England Patriots GM

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
            He will go into the Hall of Fame as Colt. We both had our mutual interests met, he broke records and we won a Superbowl. We should be happy with this.
            no he will not. He will go into the Hall of Fame as an NFL football player there will be no helmet or baseball cap on his bust with a Colts logo on it.

            it will read Peyton Manning NFL quarterback Indianapolis Colts and Denver Broncos. no player goes into the Hall of Fame as part of a team. I don't know how many times this has to be explained.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
              no he will not. He will go into the Hall of Fame as an NFL football player there will be no helmet or baseball cap on his bust with a Colts logo on it.

              it will read Peyton Manning NFL quarterback Indianapolis Colts and Denver Broncos. no player goes into the Hall of Fame as part of a team. I don't know how many times this has to be explained.
              Ok man....but he was going into the Hall of Fame whether he played for us or not, that is what I am saying. I will remember him as a QB that played GREAT for us and took us to two Superbowls and having lead the best Offense the NFL has seen yet...but I will always remember him a Colt.
              New England Patriots GM

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
                Ok man....but he was going into the Hall of Fame whether he played for us or not, that is what I am saying. I will remember him as a QB that played GREAT for us and took us to two Superbowls and having lead the best Offense the NFL has seen yet...but I will always remember him a Colt.
                Thats fine you have your memories but you still said "hes going in as a colt" which is completely false.

                I dont mean to bust your chops but its
                False information your spreading bud.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Cool man. Thanks.
                  New England Patriots GM

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I love Manning but if I'm honest he will always be a Colt first and foremost. He was there #1 pick, played there over 10 years and brought them their first SB ring.

                    It was really cool that he had 4 years in Denver at the end of his career though

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      He had his best and most epic season as a Bronco and broke a lot of his records here. When it comes to SB he achieved in 4 yrs here what he did in 14 there. I 'm sure he will be remembered as PFM the qb who played for both. But for those jumping to he will always be remembered as a Colt, hold on there it can be argued he had more memorable moments as a Bronco then a Colt. If they did a highlight reel with all his moments where he wins AFCC and SB and all his record breaking moments, it would be interesting to see how many he would be in blue and white and how many in Blue and Orange. This is not the same as other qb's who were great with one team for a long time and then not so great with another for a couple years. He arguably had his most successful years here. In 30 yrs when people are looking back at his highlight reel, especially those who did not see him play, I wonder how many will be in Orange and Blue

                      In the long run I don't think it matters, but I consider it an honor he chose to retire as a Bronoc.
                      Last edited by FL BRONCO; 03-20-2016, 02:07 PM.
                      My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                        He had his best and most epic season as a Bronco and broke a lot of his records here. When it comes to SB he achieved in 4 yrs here what he did in 14 there. I 'm sure he will be remembered as PFM the qb who played for both. But for those jumping to he will always be remembered as a Colt, hold on there it can be argued he had more memorable moments as a Bronco then a Colt. If they did a highlight reel with all his moments where he wins AFCC and SB and all his record breaking moments, it would be interesting to see how many he would be in blue and white and how many in Blue and Orange. This is not the same as other qb's who were great with one team for a long time and then not so great with another for a couple years. He arguably had his most successful years here.

                        In the long run I don't think it matters, but I consider it an honor he chose to retire as a Bronoc.
                        Maybe, but playing 14 of 18 years there is a big factor, and thats where he made his name as a HOF QB. He also took the Colts from a terrible franchise to a playoff one.

                        Montana had 2 good years at KC but is always a 49er

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          i dont think he will be remembered one over the other. He was able to complete everything in 4 years with Denver that he did with the Colts in 14. Have the number 1 offense, franchise records with both teams at the QB position. Go to 2 Super Bowls with each team and win one. Set the all time TD record with both teams.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Bouncer1531 View Post
                            Did not see this posted, any validity in this report?

                            http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/3...e-day-contract

                            I have no idea if there is too much validity to this. I would have thought ESPN and NFL Network would have at least brought this up. Right now, it is one reporter reporting on it, nothing more than that.

                            I remember seeing this thread before and there were more comments on it. Did that thread get deleted?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              He already retired a member of the Broncos, a few weeks ago when they had the press conference at Dove Valley. He filed his paperwork that day and is officially on the Broncos retired/reserve list. In order to sign a one day contract and retire a member of the Colts he would need to file paperwork to unretire, get the Broncos to reinstate and then release him and then sign with the Colts and retire with them by being placed on their retired/reserve list.

                              It's done, no one day contract, he's retired as a member of the Broncos. End of story.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X