No announcement yet.

Von Seeking $22M Per Year Under New Contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We gave Manning 19 to get us another championship, Von got it for us so I say pay the man...

Comment

I sure dont envy John Elway with decisions like these.

Comment

People can say that it's a reach or he's not worth it, but the market says he is worth it. Did we all not just see what the market paid Malik? And... please stop with all of the JJ Watt comparisons, and JJ is so much better, cause I didn't see JJ take over that KC playoff game this year and will Houston to playoff wins like Von did in the New England game, and Superbowl. I'd rather have a player like Von who does a little less in the regular season and dominates in the post season. Super Bowl MVP, heck, he was our playoff MVP. Until JJ Watt pulls something like that off then he's not the superior. Go back and watch that Superbowl again. The 3 most important plays were the punt return, and the 2 strip sacks by Von. Not saying we should pay him that, but the market says he is worth that, and for us to say he isn't is us just being homers.

Comment

Always start high, meet in the middle. The art of negotiatons. It will be somewhere between 17-20 million.

Comment

I like von I really do but there were alot of times during the year where I asked myself "is von playing this game?" He showed up very big in the superbowl but its foolish to pay a man based on one game or a handful of games. For what he is reportedly seeking he is simply not worth it. And I understand we are all fans but jj watt is head and shoulders better than von. Unless we get superbowl 50 von that level of play and effort during every game this season coming up then he isn't even worth what Malik signed for.

Comment

Give him $22M but only for 3 years so if he goes South like DT did. Also start shopping him around once he signs it.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeFanatic View Post
                I wouldn't pay him. He didn't show up a lot of games the last few years. JJ Watt shows up EVERY game.

However we have to pay him otherwise the fan base will basically explode in tears, especially after the Brok incident.
                losing 30-0 to the Chiefs is not showing up.

Comment

22 mill is too many clams to pay anyone, the second he signs that deal he most likely becomes a different player?????

Comment

Originally posted by capt. Jack View Post
                    22 mill is too many clams to pay anyone, the second he signs that deal he most likely becomes a different player?????
                    That's what I'm afraid of. Too bad we didn't trade DT for a king's ransom when his value was high. Maybe we even tried. No player in the leagues' value is as high as Von's right now.
                    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                    sigpic

Comment

Good teams regularly pay one or two special, top notch players who are difference makers in games, often times when it matters most. For most teams, one of those players is the franchise QB. He is expected to control games, dominate them as much as possible, and make the entire offense around him better. Sometimes, those special players are on defense. Von Miller is one of those special players. He is a player who every team has to account for on almost every play. He disrupts a team's plan. He changes games. He makes the defense around him better.

Right now, the Broncos don't have a franchise QB. Right now, they don't need one because the defense is clearly the best part of this team. It makes perfect sense to pay the best player on the best part of your team accordingly. If Elway can keep the defense in tact for a few more years, there will be time to groom a franchise QB on the cheap and stay competitive. The key to that is Von Miller.

Is he perfect? Of course not. Does he have off games? Of course. But, so does every other player in the league, even the most elite QB. However, just like those other elite players who get paid, he can routinely win games for the Broncos. That's worth the money, in my opinion.

Comment

Von Seeking $22M Per Year Under New Contract

"Broncos franchise player Von Miller is seeking a $22 million annual salary, according to Bleacher Report's Jason Cole.

As enormous as that figure may sound, Cole spoke to two GMs who believe Miller could easily net $24-25 million a year on the open market. The Giants just signed Olivier Vernon for $17 million a year and his talent doesn't come close to Miller's. At this point it's a near certainty that Miller will become the highest-paid defensive player of all-time. Miller will play under the $14.1 million franchise tag unless the two sides agree to an extension before the July 15 deadline."

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6500/von-miller

Comment

Well so much for getting him locked up this year. If he doesn't play at the same level this season as he did last, I don't see the Broncos meeting that price. Even if he does, I'm not sure it's worth it. But we will see.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtDiver View Post
                            Well so much for getting him locked up this year. If he doesn't play at the same level this season as he did last, I don't see the Broncos meeting that price. Even if he does, I'm not sure it's worth it. But we will see.
                            Maybe we should franchise tag him 3 years in a row, and then let him walk in 2019.

Comment

Hand the man a blank check.

Comment

Exactly right, Mr tatt2matt...

and...
                                when th Boncos defense takes us back to the playoffs in 2016/17...
                                and Denver has figured out the QB spot...
                                VON... will be the reason Free Agents want to play here for discounted money..
                                willing to take the discount to be part of this winning franchise.
                                - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Working...
                                X