Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yakka27 View Post
    Hand the man a blank check.
    There is no doubt in my mind that we would not have won the Super Bowl this year without him. Most likely would not have even got to it. But 22 mil per is a LOT of money, even for an elite QB let alone a pass rusher. He may get it on the open market, but I doubt Elway will pay that regardless of how good he is.

Comment

Rotoworld article claims some GMs said he could get $25M on the open market. I must really under value players. has the cap gone up that much to afford $25M LB?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ramanboy33 View Post
        Maybe we should franchise tag him 3 years in a row, and then let him walk in 2019.
        If Elway & Co. were to try and play that type of game with him then he'd probably 'mentally' walk or 'physically' hold out after he completes the 1st year of having to play under the franchise tag...and I wouldn't blame him.

He's worth it, has earned it and deserves his PAY DAY...especially with the market as it is and especially when BUM to mediocre to unproven QBs are breaking the bank.
        Last edited by Mel B.; 03-25-2016, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
          Rotoworld article claims some GMs said he could get $25M on the open market. I must really under value players. has the cap gone up that much to afford $25M LB?
          Good, should make him easy to trade...otherwise play him on the tag a couple years.
          Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

If we pay Von 22/year I think we have made a huge mistake. He is a great player but that is in that elite QB range that no other position should touch. I don't even like the thought of 20 tbh but it is the way things are heading I guess.

Whatever we end up paying him I hope he doesn't take the next season off like DR did, I loathe the contract we gave him.
            Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
              If Elway & Co. were to try and play that type of game with him then he'd probably 'mentally' walk or 'physically' hold out after he completes the 1st year of having to play under the franchise tag...and I wouldn't blame him.

He's worth it, has earned it and deserves his PAY DAY...especially with the market as it is and especially when BUM to mediocre to unproven QBs are breaking the bank.
              By doing what you just described he only lowers his own value. Either way he isn't playing in Denver on the franchise tag two years in a row, that scenario is bad for everyone.

I'm not sure he has earned a 22 million dollar a year contract. This is like a Suh contract, and I have no desire to be the Dolphins.
              Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                Yeah man its just unbelievable these numbers I see. I never want us to resign anyone it seems with these ridiculous contracts

Comment

Yeah I'm just not down with paying any single player (non-qb) that much...I just can't bring myself to be okay with it

Comment

That's a lot of cash, but he probably could get a whole lot from some team that really wants him. I think though it is like selling a house, you price high and expect to get a little less. I would take Von over JJ Watt any day. Von was a huge reason we won our playoff games and the superbowl and unlike Watt we won more games. Watt gets lots of press but is it warranted? Is he better than Von? I don't think so. Elway will work it out, but it will be tough.

Comment

Originally posted by broncsfan219 View Post
                      22 million dollars a year when contract talks open up! Wowza...
                      It's the Denver Broncos,
                      Not the Denver Miller's
                      He can't win the game by himself, it's a team effort.
                      It's not that he isn't valuable and worth a lot of money. There has to be a reasonable balance between paying quality individuals vs paying a quality team.

Look how much Miami paid Suh. They didn't even make the playoffs....

Comment

Question about paying that is isn't von close to being suspended if he were to get violated or something? I know Von did a turn around but that suspension looms so maybe taking that into consideration I'd have to out in an incentive but pay the man.
                        :go:

Comment

If he is worth 22/24 mil then it would be smart to franchise tag him for 2/3 years since that would be cheaper but would make him very angry as well

Comment

Originally posted by trc1962 View Post
                            That's a lot of cash, but he probably could get a whole lot from some team that really wants him. I think though it is like selling a house, you price high and expect to get a little less. I would take Von over JJ Watt any day. Von was a huge reason we won our playoff games and the superbowl and unlike Watt we won more games. Watt gets lots of press but is it warranted? Is he better than Von? I don't think so. Elway will work it out, but it will be tough.
                            yes. yes he is.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
                              Question about paying that is isn't von close to being suspended if he were to get violated or something? I know Von did a turn around but that suspension looms so maybe taking that into consideration I'd have to out in an incentive but pay the man.
                              He has been taken out of the drug program for staying clean it was part of the new negotiations that players can get out of program if clean for certain amount of time so he is in stage 0 right now

Comment

Smart thing to do would be tag him for 2 years and let another team give him a big deal. At that point we pretty much had him during his entire prime and wouldn't be cap strapped with an
                                Aging player. Yes this would piss him off and probably won't happen but financially it's probably the smartest thing for the Broncos

Comment

Working...
                                X