Von Seeking $22M Per Year Under New Contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncsfan219 View Post
    He has been taken out of the drug program for staying clean it was part of the new negotiations that players can get out of program if clean for certain amount of time so he is in stage 0 right now
    Thanks for clearing that up well I've no complaints but man I wish DT wasn't so expensive I'd much rather give the cash to von DT is good but not a gane changing WR and suffers from dropsies still like him though just not at the price we paying him. DT I mean.
    :go:

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
      Yeah I'm just not down with paying any single player (non-qb) that much...I just can't bring myself to be okay with it
      Von's as important to this team as any QB.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
        People can say that it's a reach or he's not worth it, but the market says he is worth it. Did we all not just see what the market paid Malik? And... please stop with all of the JJ Watt comparisons, and JJ is so much better, cause I didn't see JJ take over that KC playoff game this year and will Houston to playoff wins like Von did in the New England game, and Superbowl. I'd rather have a player like Von who does a little less in the regular season and dominates in the post season. Super Bowl MVP, heck, he was our playoff MVP. Until JJ Watt pulls something like that off then he's not the superior. Go back and watch that Superbowl again. The 3 most important plays were the punt return, and the 2 strip sacks by Von. Not saying we should pay him that, but the market says he is worth that, and for us to say he isn't is us just being homers.
        Hmmm, as much I like defending JJ Watt in the VM comparisons.....this is a very good post. Agreed.
        New England Patriots GM

Comment

Some of the comments in this thread are hilarious, my favorite is "JJ Watt shows up every game!" Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
            Von's as important to this team as any QB.
            If, and we most likely will, we have a good defensive season again, it will attract more Offensive players to come play here at a discounted rate....same thing Peyton did for our team. Demarcus Ware has been a steal when you take into account his production, what he has done for community and his mentorship for Von Miller on and off the field.

With our core defense, we will be competitive 3-4 years down the road, but Von Miller is our key cornerstone. Pay him.
            New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
              Some of the comments in this thread are hilarious, my favorite is "JJ Watt shows up every game!" Lol

Yeah, you are right, but he's never showed up quite like Von did in our playoff run now has he?

Comment

Brace yourselves; here comes the "not worth it", "overrated" and "can replace him at that price with two random dudes with money left over" comments.

Take Von out of the defensive equation last year, and this is an 8-8 football team at best. Probably a losing season, considering what we had at QB play.
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                  Brace yourselves; here comes the "not worth it", "overrated" and "can replace him at that price with two random dudes with money left over" comments.

Take Von out of the defensive equation last year, and this is an 8-8 football team at best. Probably a losing season, considering what we had at QB play.
                  You pretty much summed it up.

Comment

Players (including mediocre or lousy ones by many standards like Sam Bradford) are just making higher and higher salaries but the League keeps raising the salary cap to adjust to that so no worries there. I'm all for paying him what he wants because he deserves it, he's earned it with years worth of exemplary play for Denver up to and including our Superbowl win.
                    Last edited by L.M.; 03-26-2016, 08:40 AM.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                      Yeah, you are right, but he's never showed up quite like Von did in our playoff run now has he?
                      Not a fair comparison cause he also doesn't have the same talent on D surrounding him in Houston that Von has in Denver. They are both very good players and each mean a lot to their franchise. I personally hope we get a deal done with Von. He is a huge reason we have another Lombardi and he has earned a pay day and some stability with this team imo.
                      My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

So much for home town discount! lol

Comment

Oh god....

I was afraid of this.
                          I hate to say it because I LOVE Von Miller.
                          I think the Broncos were willing to pony up 18-19 million per year.
                          Now he thinks he wants 22 million, which I think some team WILL pay that amount.

The deal is, with 22 million we could get two really good 10-12 million players, or 4-5 million players.
                          As much as I hate to say this, we can't afford to do that deal.

Keep him on franchise tag this year even though it will piss him off and his agent.

Comment

If that's what he wants, and socks too it, I say 3x tag him and then move on.. That'll average out to less than 20 and we get the prime years..... I. Love me some VM but the team can't be crippled with his salary with DT's massive one and an inevitable large QB salary coming in the near future.. ( unless we get a great one on a rookie deal )
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncsfan219 View Post
                              While I agree he had earned a big new contract. It's hard to pay a single player that much money even with the cap growing.
                              No it's not. Teams are paying (or "overpaying" by some opinions) players worth less than Von on the field, like Sam Bradford. As for the salary cap, it's more than quadrupled since it began, and will rise some more again next year.:

2016 $155.27 million
                              2015 $143.28 million
                              2014 $133 million
                              2013 $123 million
                              2012 $120.6 million
                              2011 $120 million
                              2010 Uncapped
                              2009 $123 million
                              2008 $116 million
                              2007 $109 million
                              2006 $102 million
                              2005 $85.5 million
                              2004 $80.582 million
                              2003 $75.007 million
                              2002 $71.101 million
                              2001 $67.405 million
                              2000 $62.172 million
                              1999 $57.288 million
                              1998 $52.388 million
                              1997 $41.454 million
                              1996 $40.753 million
                              1995 $37.1 million
                              1994 $34.608 million

Big contracts (like all those signed this year) are dictating the cap number now so we can pay Von what he wants (or close to it) and still be fine. The goal of all such expenditures is to get impact players who help you win and win BIG. Miami threw the dice on trying to fit Suh into their D, but by contrast we KNOW what we have in Miller which makes him worth more. He's been a huge part of Denver's success past and present as we just saw in the AFCCG and SB -what other proof is needed!? He's worth every penny of a top contract! I'm sure Big John agrees.
                              Last edited by L.M.; 03-26-2016, 09:12 AM.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

I see two aspects here:

1. How much is the team willing to pay VM.
                                2. What would be the effect of a given contract on VM's play.

Some players get "fat and content" and don't put forth their best effort once they land the big contract. Is VM that type of player? I don't know. OTOH, would he put forth his best effort if he thinks he's underpaid? Again, I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                                X