Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos will reportedly bring in Ole Miss DE Robert Nkemdiche in for a for look...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos will reportedly bring in Ole Miss DE Robert Nkemdiche in for a for look...

According to Walter Football's draft insider Tony Pauline, the Denver Broncos will bring in former Ole Miss defensive lineman Robert Nkemdiche in for a formal visit ahead of the 2016 NFL Draft.Ole Miss held their annual Pro Day today, and first round prospects tackle Laremy Tunsil, wide receiver Laquon Treadwell, and defensive lineman Robert Nkemdiche all went through drills. Nkemdiche had a "special workout" according to onlookers but opted not to test in all the drills because of a slight hamstring issue.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/3...ive-end-robert
    Last edited by listopencil; 03-28-2016, 09:48 PM.
    Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
    According to Walter Football's draft insider Tony Pauline, the Denver Broncos will bring in former Ole Miss defensive lineman Robert Nkemdiche in for a formal visit ahead of the 2016 NFL Draft.Ole Miss held their annual Pro Day today, and first round prospects tackle Laremy Tunsil, wide receiver Laquon Treadwell, and defensive lineman Robert Nkemdiche all went through drills. Nkemdiche had a "special workout" according to onlookers but opted not to test in all the drills because of a slight hamstring issue.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/3...ive-end-robert
    Love it. If we got him at 31, I really think we could light a fire under him and he could be a future starter for us. Still like Butler more, but either or would be awesome.
    New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
      Love it. If we got him at 31, I really think we could light a fire under him and he could be a future starter for us. Still like Butler more, but either or would be awesome.
      And first round picks can get locked up for five year rookie contracts, right?

Comment

I really like this idea this guy could be a compliment to Von Miller in Denver with not only become a whole lot stronger but they would get significantly better along that defensive line as if that were even possible.

Comment

Have Denver trade for Kaep and then draft this guy. I'll be happy with that

Comment

Just like Von, hit the quarterback, take the ball away!

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
              Have Denver trade for Kaep and then draft this guy. I'll be happy with that
              Not sure that's gonna happen for you. Read SF is picking up his contract and Elway has issues with # of surgeries and character issues.
              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

If Nkemdiche is on the board at 31 then I don't see how we not pull the trigger on him. Reward outweighs the risk in this case, reminiscent of Shane Ray.
                sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

Kid needs to learn how to locate the ball... Great measurables, but too inconsistent and his stats are lackluster.

Comment

Originally posted by DFence View Post
                    Kid needs to learn how to locate the ball... Great measurables, but too inconsistent and his stats are lackluster.
                    agreed. There are better options at #31, imo.
                    sigpic

Comment

I expect Elway to try to trade up. Now he has a Super Bowl under his belt as a GM and there isn't that same pressure to win a title while Manning was on the roster, so maybe Elway can now be more aggressive and take more risks as the team enters a new era.

I don't think Elway will have a chance to go get Paxton Lynch, but I see him as one of the most obvious targets. Pretty much a better version of Osweiler.

The other target is Nkemdiche IMO. He's inconsistent like many d-linemen, but I believe Elway would love to have that talent and athleticism being coached by Bill Kollar. Pad level and awareness can be learned by professional coaching. His work ethic? That's what must be investigated and at this point the Broncos have a verdict.

I'm not buying the reports of a big fall for Nkemdiche. He will probably go in the second half of the 1st round, maybe the Raiders are considering him at #14 and I can see Elway trying to work a trade if Nkemdiche is still there by pick 20.
                      sigpic

Comment

I believe this guy is one of the more boom/bust players in round one. Like some have said, inconsistent player. Not sure I like that. Ray is one thing, and he fell big time because of his "incident", but Nkemdiche is questionable on the field.

But if we can maximize his talent, he would be a decent pick at 31.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                          I'm not buying the reports of a big fall for Nkemdiche. He will probably go in the second half of the 1st round, maybe the Raiders are considering him at #14 and I can see Elway trying to work a trade if Nkemdiche is still there by pick 20.
                          I agree. Jadeveon Clowney had very inconsistent tape, as well as a ton of doubt about his work ethic. That caused him to fall from #1 overall to #1 overall.

Some team is going to take the risk.

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                            And first round picks can get locked up for five year rookie contracts, right?
                            Yes. The 5th year is an option year, which the team can pick up.
                            New England Patriots GM

Comment

I have been eyeballing an article over at SB Nation every few days. They are comparing various 1st round mocks, and using them to create a consensus 1st round mock of their own. They are posting the results as pie charts for each team. The pie charts are made up of the percentages representing how often certain players are picked for certain teams. Paxton Lynch and Robert Nkemdiche have been gaining popularity at our pick on a steady basis. Right now it's Lynch at 22.5% and Nkemdiche at 14.6% as the two likeliest players to be picked by the Broncos according to the mocks. I started a thread about the article in a different sub forum...

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...2016-NFL-Draft

...but here is a link if you didn't see it there:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dra...encies-experts

Comment

Working...
                              X