Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Report: Brandon Marshall has told teammates he may skip Denver's offseason workouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Brandon Marshall has told teammates he may skip Denver's offseason workouts

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2016...ncos-workouts/

Not cool. Earlier in FA, Marshall complained on Twitter about other guys getting paid. Now this - not the mindset focused on preparing to be elite.

Wonder if CJ Anderson will question Marshall's character?

man it seems everyone on the defense wants Von's contract or they'll completely quit mentally
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
      man it seems everyone on the defense wants Von's contract or they'll completely quit mentally
      With the second-round tender he'll make four times what he made in his first four seasons.

When you have guys like Marshall complaining, Ward taking shots at Sanchez, CJ Anderson questioning the character of players - these aren't the things that got the team to SB50. These are the the things that divide a team because guys think about themselves over the team.

Comment

I read this on bleacher report earlier, and I'm not surprised seeing how he tweeted that everyone was getting paid but him after Malik, and Danny signed their contracts. Elway has his hands full. Marshall deserves a contract. Can't lose him and Danny.
        Last edited by ELWAY421; 03-29-2016, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Give him a long term deal with the amount for the 2nd round tender for this year, and a signing bonus spread out over the contract if it makes him happy. He's one we don't need to lose.
          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
          sigpic

Comment

Or just pay him in pancakes:

Brandon Marshall ‏@BMarshh54 Mar 23

Will work for pancakes
            :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by osfantaztic View Post
              With the second-round tender he'll make four times what he made in his first four seasons.

When you have guys like Marshall complaining, Ward taking shots at Sanchez, CJ Anderson questioning the character of players - these aren't the things that got the team to SB50. These are the the things that divide a team because guys think about themselves over the team.
              Yeah, things don't feel so great in the Broncos locker room.
              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Can you blame him?
                Malik is making $15 million a year after only starting 24 games with 14.5 sacks
                Brock $18 million a year with 7 starts.
                Brandon has 29 starts he should be breaking the bank to right?
                Well its actually just a rumor, hopefully he plays for the money on his contract and then next year if he is like Brock and Malik he can go get over paid by somebody else or maybe he'll be like Harris and Wolfe and get something done that pays him well but is also team friendly.
                sigpic

Comment

Why am I not surprised...
                  [sigpic

Comment

I'm not even sure what the market is for Marshall. Trevathan got 4 years 24.5. If that's what he wants I say lock him in early before it inflates.

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                      I'm not even sure what the market is for Marshall. Trevathan got 4 years 24.5. If that's what he wants I say lock him in early before it inflates.
                      Agreed with the logic here. With the way the market inflates every year, it is better to sign our players earlier rather than later.
                      New England Patriots GM

Comment

Curious about a couple things.

- Where do the Broncos get the $6M+ for Marshall?
                        - Do you consider Marshall a top 10 ILB? Because Travathan is actually 8th highest ILB salary. Ahead of Wagner and Kuechly.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                          Curious about a couple things.

- Where do the Broncos get the $6M+ for Marshall?
                          - Do you consider Marshall a top 10 ILB? Because Travathan is actually 8th highest ILB salary. Ahead of Wagner and Kuechly.
                          Not sure what criteria you are looking at, but if you rank by APY, Trevathan is 13th in the NFL. Certainly nowhere near Kuechly or Wagner, who are the 2 highest paid ILB's in the league and both earning over $10M/yr
                          2016 San Diego Chargers GM & New York Giants GM - see bio for trade block/needs

Comment

So much for "team players"........lol Teams don't have these practices just for coaches to practice their coaching. Players need it to prepare for the season and get into better shape. In the long run this will cost him in both money, playing time and fan respect, IMO. Denver signed him as a FA when he was cut by another team. Great way to say "thanks". Next man up! lol

Comment

Originally posted by uknflfan View Post
                              Not sure what criteria you are looking at, but if you rank by APY, Trevathan is 13th in the NFL. Certainly nowhere near Kuechly or Wagner, who are the 2 highest paid ILB's in the league and both earning over $10M/yr
                              The big difference for Denver is that it seems that with Ware and Von, whoever plays in the middle preforms great. People, me included were worried about Pot Roast leaving, then others... It is almost like the hysteria about the potentials of our 3rd string QB's almost every year.

If Von and Ware collapses the pocket the muggers can come in and finish. We have more issues on O-Line than D-line, and in Elway I trust!

Comment

Working...
                              X