New guys on the roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
    Yeah, you've already said all that. If anything, that description of our RB depth has convinced me even more that we could target a RB early.
    How early are you talking about?
    Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Posey's route running is top notch, very underrated WR. Hopefully Casey and maybe Joe Don Duncan can contribute to the offense also when called upon.

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
        Ugh. I don't think he has progressed enough to warrant keeping him. Our run blocking has been pretty poor lately but I don't see him consistently making good decisions and RB is supposed to be one of (if not the) easiest transitions from college to NFL.
        It just seems like Hillman was not used enough as a receiving back. The mistake in the AFCCG was an exception.

Was it just my perception that he was't used enough as a receiver?

Comment

Originally posted by osfantaztic View Post
          It just seems like Hillman was not used enough as a receiving back. The mistake in the AFCCG was an exception.

Was it just my perception that he was't used enough as a receiver?
          I wouldn't hold anybody's receiving stats from last year against them so much, the passing game was so chaotic. I don't recall him being unusually effective in the passing game though. Not enough to make me go, "Jeez. They should be throwing the ball to Hillman more."

Comment

Originally posted by Tarheel23 View Post
            Posey's route running is top notch, very underrated WR. Hopefully Casey and maybe Joe Don Duncan can contribute to the offense also when called upon.

I do not think Casey will be brought back. JJD I could see us looking into but we shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
              How early are you talking about?
              I'd take Elliot at 31 or Dixon at 63.
              A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

I'd take Elliot at 31 or Dixon at 63.
                there is no way Elliot will be there at 31. Looking back at past drafts will tell you that a RB who is as good as he is will be gone likely top 10 if not at least top 20. Dixon being there at 63 is even a bit of a stretch. Again looking back at the past few drafts where RB's have gone in the 1st the top 3-4 RB's are almost always gone by near the bottom of the 2nd. I also think that if there is a run on RB's and teams who want one of the top 5 RB's will simply move them up on their board. This occured in 2014 when we saw CB's go like hot cakes in that draft. Guys who had 2nd round grades ended up in the 1st and guy who were in the 3rd or 4th ended up in the 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                  there is no way Elliot will be there at 31. Looking back at past drafts will tell you that a RB who is as good as he is will be gone likely top 10 if not at least top 20. Dixon being there at 63 is even a bit of a stretch. Again looking back at the past few drafts where RB's have gone in the 1st the top 3-4 RB's are almost always gone by near the bottom of the 2nd. I also think that if there is a run on RB's and teams who want one of the top 5 RB's will simply move them up on their board. This occured in 2014 when we saw CB's go like hot cakes in that draft. Guys who had 2nd round grades ended up in the 1st and guy who were in the 3rd or 4th ended up in the 2nd.
                  I was asked how early I would take a RB. Dixon and Elliot are the 2 best RB's in the class and those are the spots I would take them. I would actually take Dixon any time after the 1st round.

Why is it a stretch for Dixon to last to 63? Average value sees him somewhere around the 4th best RB in the class and after Elliot's gone there is gonna be a wait till the next RB is taken.
                  A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

I was asked how early I would take a RB. Dixon and Elliot are the 2 best RB's in the class and those are the spots I would take them. I would actually take Dixon any time after the 1st round.

Why is it a stretch for Dixon to last to 63? Average value sees him somewhere around the 4th best RB in the class and after Elliot's gone there is gonna be a wait till the next RB is taken.

I have been watching Dixon highlights. Man...the guy looks like second-half-of-the-season and playoff CJ Anderson. He runs with some authority. If it broke my miserly heart to take a RB high in the draft then I think Dixon would soothe the heartburn.

Comment

Working...
                    X