Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video reportedly shows Broncos’ Derek Wolfe in bar fight

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...fight/related/

"Less than 24 hours after prosecutors said there was insufficient evidence to charge Eagles running back LeSean McCoy in a bar fight, video has surfaced that reportedly shows another NFL player in another bar fight.

This time it’s Broncos defensive end Derek Wolfe, who according to TMZ is the man seen throwing a punch in video taken of a Denver nightclub brawl.

In the video, it’s unclear whether Wolfe’s punch landed. It’s also unclear how the fight started. TMZ reports that Wolfe was hit with a glass bottle and left the club bloodied.

Police were not called and no one was arrested.

The 26-year-old Wolfe is heading into his fifth year with the Broncos. He signed a four-year, $36.75 million contract extension in January."

Can never be a quiet offseason. Wolfe could be subject to the personal conduct policy.
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Id be looking to brawl with somebody too if they were coward enough to hit me with a beer bottle. No arrest = no punishment

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
      Id be looking to brawl with somebody too if they were coward enough to hit me with a beer bottle. No arrest = no punishment
      Big Ben disagrees with that

Comment

Wonder how many games this could cost him? Wolfe has to be smarter.

I understand grown men should be allowed to go out but they have to be smarter when they know they are targets and everyone has a camera. With a great probability they are looking for a payday.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

I understand grown men should be allowed to go out but they have to be smarter when they know they are targets and everyone has a camera. With a great probability they are looking for a payday.
          You are correct, just curious though, what would you do if someone hit you in the head with a bottle?

Comment

Anyway you look at it, it's unfortunate.

Comment

I'm not saying he will or won't be suspended, given the Goodell's history who knows. I'm no expert, but he is subject to discipline under the personal conduct policy which I'm no expert on. I don't believe his PED issue will play a factor. Had he not thrown any punches, he'd be in the clear. Once he started swinging, he left it up to the league.

Comment

My comments on this are simple. In this video I do not see Wolfe with any blood on him nor did I see the bottle break over his head. So I am only left with the assumption that the bottle incident took place after. With that being the premise for my comment he needs to stop being an idiot and realize that people are going to try and antagonize him because he will give them their 15 minutes of fame when he hits them...not ot mention the potential lawsuits....As a player I am glad we kept him over Malik but he needs to pull himself together.

ON a side note though...WOW was he ever a giant among men...lol

the video being mentioned can be found at the top of this page: http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/05/derek-...dget-tmzsports

Comment

Originally posted by mediaperch View Post
                  You are correct, just curious though, what would you do if someone hit you in the head with a bottle?
                  If my crew sees this go down, first we do everything to avoid the situation even of that means leaving. Some dudes let their ego get in the way. If a bottle get thrown just randomly, at no point is the player allowed to start throwing haymakers, even if that means all of us dragging him out of the club. Nothing good comes from fighting. Sure there are situations where you need to defend yourself, but those situations are very few.

Comment

From what I have seen in the video Wolfe is not hit with the bottle...so that must have occurred after he threw the punch...for me at least the order of events is the most important here.

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                      If my crew sees this go down, first we do everything to avoid the situation even of that means leaving. Some dudes let their ego get in the way. If a bottle get thrown just randomly, at no point is the player allowed to start throwing haymakers, even if that means all of us dragging him out of the club. Nothing good comes from fighting. Sure there are situations where you need to defend yourself, but those situations are very few.
                      I agree, although I don't really have crew.

Comment

When I was 22 year old wild Marine out enjoying life's adventures it would have been a brawl. When I got to be about 28 with a business to run and life's responsibilities to handle I probably would not have been in a night club. If I was I would have walked away from an idiot trash talking and likely challenging my manhood. I grew up. I also am not a public figure and obvious target either.

When these guys take on the responsibilities of being professional athletes they need to be smarter. They need to have smarter friends. They need to walk away (as incredibly difficult as that may be) before the first sucker punch or bottle is thrown.

There are trade offs in life when you accept the role and huge paycheck. Now his actions have put himself and the team he represents in at the very least a bad publicity night. At worst he loses games again this year. That hurts a team struggling to rebuild it's identity after some critical losses on the defense.

Wolfe is supposed to be a leader. Be one and show some maturity. Don't put yourself in the position and walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                          From what I have seen in the video Wolfe is not hit with the bottle...so that must have occurred after he threw the punch...for me at least the order of events is the most important here.
                          I should have watched the video before I said anything, my bad. He certainly didn't have anything wrong with his head before he started swinging.

Comment

When I was 22 year old wild Marine out enjoying life's adventures it would have been a brawl. When I got to be about 28 with a business to run and life's responsibilities to handle I probably would not have been in a night club. If I was I would have walked away from an idiot trash talking and likely challenging my manhood. I grew up. I also am not a public figure and obvious target either.

When these guys take on the responsibilities of being professional athletes they need to be smarter. They need to have smarter friends. They need to walk away (as incredibly difficult as that may be) before the first sucker punch or bottle is thrown.

There are trade offs in life when you accept the role and huge paycheck. Now his actions have put himself and the team he represents in at the very least a bad publicity night. At worst he loses games again this year. That hurts a team struggling to rebuild it's identity after some critical losses on the defense.

Wolfe is supposed to be a leader. Be one and show some maturity. Don't put yourself in the position and walk away.
                            I've never been a fighter, I'd rather walk away, with people filling charges for looking at them funny, to busy for that crap. I have been hit in the head with a bottle though, not at all like the movies, didn't break on the first wack.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                              You must be new to the NFL....Goodell thinks otherwise.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X