Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Sign DE Jared Crick

@Broncos 3m3 minutes ago
    #Broncos have agreed to terms with defensive-end Jared Crick on a two-year deal.

More info to come!
    sigpic
    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Broncos sign former Texans DE Jared Crick

The Broncos twitter account just made the announcement that we signed Jared Crick to a two year deal. 4th rounder out of Nebraska in 2012. 31 starts in 32 games over the last two years. 5.5 sacks in that time. Anyone know about him more than what we see on Pro Football Reference? Any contract details?

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
      The Broncos twitter account just made the announcement that we signed Jared Crick to a two year deal. 4th rounder out of Nebraska in 2012. 31 starts in 32 games over the last two years. 5.5 sacks in that time. Anyone know about him more than what we see on Pro Football Reference? Any contract details?
      I don't know NADA about him but five and a half sacks in 32 games isn't too bad for a young player but then again it's only five and a half sacks in 32 games he could have been feeding off of JJ Watts performance.
      sigpic

Comment

Yes! Good player to replace Malik Jackson. He will probably produce career numbers playing with this defense.
        sigpic

Comment

Nice pick up, definitely gives us more draft flexibility. Crick is a grinder, and has turned into a solid starter.
          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Jared Crick

Aaron Wilson
            Aaron Wilson – Verified account ‏@AaronWilson_NFL

Jared Crick got a two-year deal to join the Broncos, reuniting him with former Texans coach Gary Kubiak and Wade Phillips
            10:28 AM - 6 Apr 2016
            1 LIKE

Comment

I just saw this on my FB feed. I was hoping someone had an opinion of the guy, I don't know him from Adam.

Comment

Solid signing, should contribute in the DE rotation. Plus, he's only 26, so his best ball is likely ahead of him. He's been a starter the last two seasons too.
                Last edited by Bootleg; 04-06-2016, 11:37 AM.

Comment

He looks like a Wolfe Clone.
                  sigpic
                  Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                  2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                  2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                    I just saw this on my FB feed. I was hoping someone had an opinion of the guy, I don't know him from Adam.
                    Schefter? Well, one guy's a football and the other..........

J/K!

I remember him in his draft year, so he must have been a decent prospect. His stats in Houston suggest we get good depth on our DLine, though you might expect more from one beside JJ. But no complaints, pending the $s. Yes suggests Nkemdiche is not as a high a priority, which again makes me like the prospects of a BPA draft.

Again, BPA is pending us signing a QB by the draft weekend, and who we may be willing to let go on this squad.

Comment

2 Years and 4 million is the report.

Comment

Another FA STEAL by Elway! If only he drafted as well as he got FAs
                        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

According to NFL.com

Height: 6-4 Weight: 285 Age: 26
                          40 Yard Dash: 4.99 Secs

STRENGTHS
                          Crick possesses the size and athletic ability to play in various positions across the defensive line. He flashed the ability to defeat blocks and get to the ball-carrier to make big plays in the backfield. He is active in the run game and shows great instincts that allow him to be an active player. Once in the backfield, he can run down quarterbacks with pure hustle. Off the snap, he uses his size and hands to get off blocks and show up.

WEAKNESSES
                          There were worries that Crick would struggle against double teams after Suh left Nebraska, and those concerns proved to be true. He is tough to hold off one-on-one, but he often shuts it down or gets eliminated from the play when blocked by more than one lineman. The knee injury he suffered last spring and his overall mobility, which wasn't necessarily a strong suit prior to this season, will now be an even greater question mark.

Comment

I watched him for most of his college career at Nebraska. High motor/character guy that always seems to be around the football. He won't have to worry about double teams with our defense, love the signing.
                            sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

Looking at his video from Nebraska he does remind me a lot of Wolfe. When he played with Suh - before his senior year (where he was injured) he had 9.5 sacks and looked like a first rounder. Injuries and the loss of Suh dropped him down and a poor combine. Has been a productive starter for Houston and could make an impact with the talent and leadership around him.

Comment

Working...
                              X