Kubiak talking to Johnny Manziel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kubiak talking to Johnny Manziel

Just saw Jeff Legwold on SportsCenter talking about how the Broncos have talked to Manziel about his potential fit with this team. Also they're awaiting legal issues to be cleared up. Thoughts?

Suddenly the Kap talk doesn't seem so bad.....
    sigpic

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15...denver-broncos
      sigpic
      2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

I highly doubt it's something that's actually being seriously considered, and would guess it's smoke and mirrors. Signing Johnny would probably be the first move that'd have me seriously questioning Elway in regards to this offseason.

Comment

just doing due diligence....
          sigpic

Comment

That would seriously make me doubt this team if we signed him.
            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Kubiak Speaks to Manziel

Per Adam Schefter

Denver Broncos coach Gary Kubiak has spoken with free-agent quarterback Johnny Manziel as a potential fit for the team's roster down the line, according to two sources connected to the team.

Kubiak and Manziel both are former Texas A&M quarterbacks. But before the Broncos would make any move on Manziel, the sources said, the Broncos want to see how his pending legal issues and potential NFL discipline are resolved.

The Dallas police department referred a domestic violence case against Manziel to a grand jury in late February. The grand jury was to consider whether to charge the former Cleveland Browns quarterback on allegations that he attacked his ex-girlfriend. But the grand jury ended its term last week without hearing the misdemeanor assault case against Manziel, the Dallas County District Attorney's Office recently told KTVT.

A new grand jury is expected to be seated within a week to 10 days. A misdemeanor assault charge carries a maximum punishment of one year in jail and a $4,000 fine.

Johnny Manziel is being considered as an option for the Denver Broncos this season, according to sources. AP Photo/David Richard
              Regardless if he is charged, the NFL is expected to discipline Manziel, and a suspension is considered likely, according to the sources.

Should the Broncos even decide to move ahead and sign Manziel -- and it could be weeks or months away from happening -- Denver, according to the sources, would do so with stipulations that would include mandatory counseling and possible clinical work for Manziel.

Manziel has been living in Los Angeles, and there are those, according to the sources, who are concerned about how he's faring there and in general, and the Broncos would want to protect themselves knowing Manziel's history. Manziel had a 10-week stay in a rehab facility in Pennsylvania for undisclosed reasons starting in January of 2015.

On Thursday morning, Kubiak speaking from the annual Boy Scouts of America breakfast at the downtown Pepsi Center where he was the keynote speaker, said the Broncos are focused on the two quarterbacks currently on the roster.

"We need to stay focused on the guys on our team right now,'' Kubiak said, referring to Mark Sanchez and Trevor Siemian.

The Broncos also have had trade discussions with the San Francisco 49ers regarding Colin Kaepernick but would need the quarterback to agree to a pay cut from his scheduled $11.9 million salary for 2016, a sticking point that so far has stalled talks. Denver also is expected to take a long look at the quarterbacks during the draft weekend.

ESPN's Jeff Legwold contributed to this report.
              http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15...denver-broncos
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                just doing due diligence....
                He should not even be in anyone's thought process whatsoever. Sorry, the guy needs to be away from football and in a long term rehab facility. Due diligence is not needed when it comes to this self-absorbed, narcissistic, self-entitled, me first, arrogant punk.

Comment

you have to be kidding me. this is getting pathetic with us scraping the absolute bottom of the barrel for QBs.. If elway was this concerned he should have locked up OZ. Role forward with Sanchez - at least he want's to be in NFL. Becoming a laughing stock.

Comment

I mean, April Fools is over. This really isn't funny anymore.
                    sigpic

Comment

Get over it people. A good team researches and considers all of its options.

Im glad we're looking around. I dont think id like to risk anything on Manziel unless he's given a prove it contract and a chance to compete for a starting job. He needs to turn his life around, that is for sure.

He's probably a good fit for kubiaks offense with his skill set. If there is anywhere in the league that is a good environment for him i think it's here if he receives some of of the mentorship our other troubled players have.

It could also be a way to call Kaepernick's bluff. It shows we're serious about moving on if he doesn't accept a pay cut.
                      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jaytea11 View Post
                        you have to be kidding me. this is getting pathetic with us scraping the absolute bottom of the barrel for QBs.. If elway was this concerned he should have locked up OZ. Role forward with Sanchez - at least he want's to be in NFL. Becoming a laughing stock.
                        Hahaha....Oz is(was) not the answer. If he was we would have signed him and found away to keep him. What's laughable is how so many fans on here have such fragile faith. Trust in the Brass that has taken us to the Superbowl two out of the past three years....they know more than us.
                        New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                          Get over it people. A good team researches and considers all of its options.

Im glad we're looking around. I dont think id like to risk anything on Manziel unless he's given a prove it contract and a chance to compete for a starting job. He needs to turn his life around, that is for sure.

He's probably a good fit for kubiaks offense with his skill set. If there is anywhere in the league that is a good environment for him i think it's here if he receives some of of the mentorship our other troubled players have.

It could also be a way to call Kaepernick's bluff. It shows we're serious about moving on if he doesn't accept a pay cut.
                          Please don't tell people to get over it. Those of us who don't like it have just as much right to say so as those who do. There is nothing wrong with voicing our opinions on the matter.

I don't need to get over anything. The guy is an active alcoholic and a batterer who has shown that he's untrustworthy and doesn't like to adhere to the rules. So no. I'm not getting over anything, especially when people like you get on here and think you have some right to tell me to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                            Please don't tell people to get over it. Those of us who don't like it have just as much right to say so as those who do. There is nothing wrong with voicing our opinions on the matter.

I don't need to get over anything. The guy is an active alcoholic and a batterer who has shown that he's untrustworthy and doesn't like to adhere to the rules. So no. I'm not getting over anything, especially when people like you get on here and think you have some right to tell me to do so.
                            Im over it. :thumb:
                            :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                            sigpic

Comment

Just another move on the Chess Board. There are some things going on in the Broncos organization that we have no idea about so all this back and forth with the QB stuff doesn't worry me.

Comment

Working...
                              X