Broncos Exchange Contract Proposals with Hillman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Exchange Contract Proposals with Hillman

I did not see this anywhere. Thought I'd post it.

"Report: Broncos Exchange Contract Proposals with Hillman" via http://TeamStre.am by Bleacher Report

http://teamstre.am/1URHYhN

The Denver Broncos have exchanged contract proposals with free-agent running back Ronnie Hillman, according to Mike Klis of 9News, citing two sources.

Hillman has spent the first four seasons of his career with the Broncos, having his best season in 2015 rushing for 863 yards on 207 carries with seven touchdowns. He has primarily been used as a back up and third-down back in his time with Denver and would continue to do the same if he returned.

The Broncos retained C.J. Anderson after the Miami Dolphins put an offer sheet in for the restricted free agent, meaning its unlikely Denver would offer big money to Hillman.

It was reported earlier in the week that the Broncos were interested in bringing back Hillman, who is currently an unrestricted free agent. The Green Bay Packers expressed interest in the 24-year-old back in late March.

I wouldn't be disappointed if Hillman found another team.

The Broncos need to upgrade the RB group.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Elway let's guys like Decker walk away without a contract but we're messing with Hillman?
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

That's disappointing.
        sigpic

Comment

They could sign him but imo that still doesn't stop them from drafting a kid mid round

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
            Elway let's guys like Decker walk away without a contract but we're messing with Hillman?
            Exactly, I have no idea why we have to keep Lance Ball whoops I mean Hillman on this team...

Comment

Dammit, Elway, don't make me root for the Broncos to spend a high draft pick on a RB.
              Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Tell the whole story, he signed Emmanuel Sanders and saved $2 million. Elway new Deck was going to get paid, sounds like Hillman hasn't got much interest, and could be added to the team on the cheap.
                Anyway I'll let you get back to your Elway rant just wanted to add a little substance.
                sigpic

Comment

Baffling isn't it? And with the new contract given to CJ, he better not be asking to be taken out after every 2 touches or so. He better be given a more expansive role this year. It really annoyed me when he'd bust a big run then would call to be taken out so he could sit for the next couple of plays. Not this year CJ. Get your butt back out there.
                  Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

As far as I can tell, Elway still needs to acquire about twenty-eight players to have the ninety for TC. If he retains the ten draft picks, there's ten plus however many UDFAs they can sign. Denver currently has four RBs. They will probably draft one and may sign another one or two. They might even release one before TC. Building a TC roster is a process.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                      Tell the whole story, he signed Emmanuel Sanders and saved $2 million. Elway new Deck was going to get paid, sounds like Hillman hasn't got much interest, and could be added to the team on the cheap.
                      Anyway I'll let you get back to your Elway rant just wanted to add a little substance.
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Hillman's salary was $770K last season, if that is the range of their talks it doesn't mean much - they do still need players to compete in the summer. However, if they are talking much more than that, I think that is a bad idea... not worth it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                          hillman's salary was $770k last season, if that is the range of their talks it doesn't mean much - they do still need players to compete in the summer. However, if they are talking much more than that, i think that is a bad idea... Not worth it.
                          $770,000.99
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Elway doesn't always make great deals but signing Sanders and letting Decker walk is not a good example of him making a mistake.

Sanders -177 receptions/2,539 yds/15 tds
                            On a 3 yr $15 million dollar deal. $5 million a year deal not back loaded like Deckers deal.

Decker - 154 receptions/1,989 yds/17tds on a 5yr 36.5 million dollar deal $7.3 avg. a year.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post

I sense a pattern of not re-signing guys who have an inflated market value.
                              Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Working...
                              X