Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bills, Broncos, Browns Brokering Blockbuster Trade -- Tyrod Taylor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bills, Broncos, Browns Brokering Blockbuster Trade -- Tyrod Taylor?

Just saw this rumor/report that the Broncos are working on a three-way trade to effectively get Tyrod Taylor for Draft Pick No. 31 overall and a unnamed player.

http://www.netonesports.com/2016/04/...kbuster-trade/

I haven't seen this reported anywhere else so I'm not comfortable labeling it as "news", so for now let's treat as a rumor and just work in the hypothetical--IF this happened, what would you think?

I think I'd be VERY happy--Taylor is extremely talented and coming off a great year. He's a much safer bet IMO than any QB who'd be available at No. 31 in the draft.

1st and a player???? Good god no...Way too much to give away for Tyrod.

Considering we've already tried to trade for Taylor once though, this is sadly probably going to be the truth...
    sigpic

Comment

I'll throw up, I know I will......

If we give a #1 for him I'll be sick. Won't even call Cincinnati to talk McCarron but will give up a 1 for Taylor?

Comment

This is certainly a compelling story, if it be true. Taylor's 2015 stats are very good, almost 100 passer rating with well over 500 yards rushing, and he is young, and right now he is very cheap! And Elway was interested last year I believe.

So, does Cleveland think RGIII is the answer for 2016? Sure, it looks like they would have plenty of ammunition to find another QB, maybe Lynch, while filling in a number of holes, with all those picks.

As for Buffalo, #2 overall.....does that mean Wentz? At that level, they would have a choice of several supposedly "can't miss" players.

I think this deal makes some sense, based on the limited info we have so far. I guess it depends on which player we give up, as part of the deal.

Hmmmm.....might actually happen!
        Last edited by CanDB; 04-13-2016, 01:00 PM.

Comment

I'd rather have him than Kap
          sigpic

Comment

Until I see something from a more reputable source I'm not getting too worked up, but good god that's WAY, WAY too much to give up.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
              I'd rather have him than Kap

Probably, but for our # 1? I guess that would tell everyone what Elway thinks about the QB's that'll be left when we pick at 31. Kubiak must really like Taylor, but Rex Ryan must not value him so much lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                Until I see something from a more reputable source I'm not getting too worked up, but good god that's WAY, WAY too much to give up.

Agreed. If any credible source gets wind of it it'll come across bleacher report.

Comment

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...0-tyrod-taylor

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
                  Now if he truly became available he'd be #1 on my list with Kaep dropping to #2.

He's like the Atlanta Falcons version of Michael Vick with the bonus of him actually studying the playbook where as Vick admitted he didn't.

From what I've seen of him from last season and the fact that Kubiak wanted to bring him with him from Baltimore...I'd be ecstatic if we landed him. I mean it's not like we'd be giving up the very 1st pick in the 1st round...we pick last in every round thanks to being SB Champs.

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                    Agreed. If any credible source gets wind of it it'll come across bleacher report.
                    I'm waiting for Rotoworld, that seems to be one of the most reliable ones I've seen...I will never trust bleacher report.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                      I'll throw up, I know I will......

If we give a #1 for him I'll be sick. Won't even call Cincinnati to talk McCarron but will give up a 1 for Taylor?
                      Pass along your barf bag to me.
                      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I'm thinking we could probably give up less to move up in the first to nab someone. Right?

Comment

But on the same token, Taylor has invaluable NFL experience. Which no other rookie coming out in the draft does obviously

Comment

Hm interesting to say the least. I like Tyrod, and it's evident Kubiak likes him too. I wonder who the player is, I remember Cleveland having interest in Shaq. That said, it's probably just a rumor and nothing more.
                            What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                            I don't know and I don't care

Comment

The #1 AND a player seems a little steep when you consider what we are rumored to be willing to give up for Kaepernick. Tyrod seems a little small to take the beating he is going to get in our conference, behind a refurbished Offensive Line.

Oh well, "In Elway We Trust"!

Comment

Working...
                              X