X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday signings

Broncos re-sign ERFA center Sam Brenner

by Sayre Bedinger

The Denver Broncos announced they re-signed exclusive rights free agent center Sam Brenner, who was a midseason pickup in 2015…

The Denver Broncos are making a flurry of roster moves on Friday, and the moves should continue to trickle in over the weekend as Sam Brenner has signed his exclusive rights free agent contract.

Brenner was picked up off of waivers from the Miami Dolphins in November of last season, and he was on the Broncos’ active roster through the end of the regular season and the postseason.

Listed as a center, Brenner gives the Broncos four players at that position who are specifically listed there on the roster, though generally, centers can play the other two interior positions as well. Brenner is a guy that the Dolphins obviously liked, but not enough to the point that they felt like he was untouchable.

The Broncos were seeking offensive line depth all of last season, and they put together a pretty impressive collection of young players. Fellow ERFA Matt Paradis started every game for the Broncos at center last year, and was re-signed on Friday as well. The Broncos also have James Ferentz, who was picked up off of waivers last year and saw some regular season snaps in big packages.

They are also high on Dillon Day, an undrafted free agent who spent all of last season on the team’s practice squad.

2015 fourth round pick Max Garcia also can play center, but he’ll open camp this year likely as one of the two starting offensive guards.

Robert Myers Jr. is another player the Broncos picked up last year who has some intrigue as a prospect, and he’s the only player currently listed at guard on the roster. Ty Sambrailo, the team’s second round pick in 2015 who was placed on IR early last season, will figure to hold down the starting guard position opposite Max Garcia.

The Broncos have certainly given themselves a nice, young crop of players to look at this offseason on the interior offensive line
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Report: Denver Broncos re-sign Shiloh Keo

by Sayre Bedinger
    -
    According to a report, the Denver Broncos have re-signed safety and special teamer Shiloh Keo, who was a key late-season addition in 2015…

The Denver Broncos have re-signed safety Shiloh Keo, according to OTF Athlete on Twitter. OTF Athlete is working with Keo in his training this offseason, and they tweeted this out on Friday…

The signing has not been confirmed by Denver area reporters or the team at the time of this posting, but I don’t think this is another elaborate ploy by Keo to utilize Twitter to get a job again…

In case you had forgotten, last year was when Keo threw a tweet at Broncos defensive coordinator Wade Phillips and told him he should have called him when the Broncos had an opening at safety. It just so happens that an additional spot opened after the Broncos had brought on Josh Bush, who was with the team earlier that season.

Keo was signed, and immediately became a factor on defense and special teams. The play that really stands out to me was in the AFC Championship when Keo darted like a missile at the Patriots’ final onside kick attempt. The Broncos had the game in hand, but they needed the onside recovery to cement a trip to the Super Bowl.

Keo showed incredible courage to run at the ball and throw his body on top of it, not simply ‘hoping’ the ball would come to him but forcing it to do so.

That play, coupled with some impressive hits in the secondary and his involvement in breaking up the two-point conversion in the AFC Championship game made me a fan. This guy is as scrappy as they come, and can play a role on both defense and special teams. With the Broncos’ saftey depth a question, this is a good move to make before OTAs start on Monday to get him in the (new) locker room.

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Bennie Fowler Signs ERFA Tender, Returns to Broncos

by Tylor Walden

One day after center Matt Paradis returned by signing his exclusive rights free agent tender, Bennie Fowler followed suit by returning to the Denver Broncos in the exact same matter.

The Denver Broncos have arguably one of the best wide receiving corps in the NFL. They got a huge boost by bringing back one of their own on Friday.

The Denver Broncos have announced that Bennie Fowler has signed his exclusive rights free agent tender. He will be playing for the Broncos in 2016.

Bennie Fowler was excited to continue his career with the Broncos. “It feels great to continue my career here in Denver. I am happy to be back.” said Fowler.

He was a college free agent who the Broncos picked up shortly after the 2014 NFL Draft. After spending the season on the practice squad, Bennie Fowler made the 2015 roster. While he only recorded 203 yards on 16 receptions for the entire season, he came up huge in the postseason.

In the AFC Divisional Round against the Pittsburgh Steelers, Fowler made perhaps the biggest catch of his career by hauling in a Peyton Manning pass on a 3rd and 12 in the fourth quarter. He would take it 31yards that would ultimately set up C.J. Anderson’s touchdown run to put the Broncos ahead for good.

Another big reception was one that will remain in his memory forever. During Super Bowl 50, Bennie Fowler caught a two point conversion from Manning to give the Broncos a 24-10 lead. That pass would be the last in Manning’s Hall of Fame career.

Bennie Fowler comes back to Denver with a receiving corp that includes Demaryius Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders, Jordan Taylor, and Jordan Norwood. Fowler has quite a bit of upside and I look forward to seeing how well he does in 2016.

It appears as if the Denver Broncos are putting the pieces together towards making the title defense. Congrats Bennie Fowler and can’t wait to see you on the field on Sunday’s in 2016.

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

OK. This one is Thursday.

Denver Broncos Re-Sign ERFA Matt Paradis

by Tylor Walden

The Denver Broncos have secured their center as the team has agreed to re-sign 2014 sixth round draft pick Matt Paradis. The offensive line gets a returning player.

With as much trouble as the offensive line had for the majority of the season, it was glad to see Matt Paradis be a bright spot. Now the Denver Broncos will have their starting center returning in 2016.

The Denver Broncos have resigned center Matt Paradis. He signed his exclusive rights tender on Thursday.

Paradis started all 16 games during the 2015 season, allowing only two sacks. He would be an unsung hero in the playoffs, not allowing Peyton Manning to get rocked by a defender he was blocking in each of the three playoff games.

I like the fact that the team brought back Paradis. One of the Denver Broncos’ biggest focuses in this offseason is to make the offensive line better. Having him with Russell Okung, Max Garcia, and Ty Sambrailo to name a few will make this offensive line pretty stout.

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

No surprise, no benefit to anyone for these 3 players not to sign. Being a ERFA means that their contract is written in stone, and for the most part they're not going to do any better than that. Paradis should probably be rewarded at some point, but with the salary cap room next year, I would assume that's when he'll get a nice contract.

Signing Keo is also good, the Broncos have lost 2 very key special teams players, so to be able to retain a veteran, who has played for their special teams, and has a history of being very good on special teams, that helps keep some stability there.

Comment

I like having some Center/Guard guys in there. We could use a true swing OT. I'm not sure that Schofield can do it. Who knows, with another year under his belt maybe he can. But I'd like a guy in the draft with LT/RT experience.
            Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
              I like having some Center/Guard guys in there. We could use a true swing OT. I'm not sure that Schofield can do it. Who knows, with another year under his belt maybe he can. But I'd like a guy in the draft with LT/RT experience.
              Agree totally and the fact that these guys are so young means they shoud still be on an upward swing.Hopefully with time these signings can grow into true starter quality.

Comment

Just my opinion, but I would be surprised if one of the top 4 picks was not an OT.

Somewhere in those top 100 picks there is an OT that can develop and be a starter. Especially if Okung can stay healthy for a good part of the start of the season to give a prospect some time to develop by mid season.

Overall I am liking the o-line makeup. Going to be interesting to see how it develops this season.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                  Just my opinion, but I would be surprised if one of the top 4 picks was not an OT.

Somewhere in those top 100 picks there is an OT that can develop and be a starter. Especially if Okung can stay healthy for a good part of the start of the season to give a prospect some time to develop by mid season.

Overall I am liking the o-line makeup. Going to be interesting to see how it develops this season.
                  Hey FR Tim, we don't agree on you infatuation with RB early....but we do agree on our optimism with the current state of the Oline.
                  New England Patriots GM

Comment

Schofield was tried at Left Tackle in preseason last year. It didn't go well. He struggled at Right Tackle after game three last year. I think he will play better inside, probably at LG. He could play RT in a pinch, but I don't think we want to see him at LT. IMO Denver needs a Tackle who can play either side.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Sure. But, he needs to be able to play on the left. The top five guys can do that. Ifedi is a Right Tackle. Coleman has health issues. Clark is a Left Tackle. Hawkins is a Swing Tackle as are Theus and Murphy. Those are some guys who might be in the top 100/through the 3rd round.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                        Sure. But, he needs to be able to play on the left. The top five guys can do that. Ifedi is a Right Tackle. Coleman has health issues. Clark is a Left Tackle. Hawkins is a Swing Tackle as are Theus and Murphy. Those are some guys who might be in the top 100/through the 3rd round.
                        What are your thoughts of Haeg?

I look at OTs like him and Murphy as versatile and promising prospects at the end of the 3rd. Especially if they do not need to start day 1. Or be thrust into full-time starters duties due to an injury like Schofield was last year.

Still not closing the door on the possibilities that Spriggs slips to the Broncos at #31 either. A lot of things are possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
                          Hey FR Tim, we don't agree on you infatuation with RB early....but we do agree on our optimism with the current state of the Oline.
                          Don't get me started on my endless rants of the need to upgrade the RB position. It's a snowy day and I have time to kill..

Comment

Don't get me started on my endless rants of the need to upgrade the RB position. It's a snowy day and I have time to kill..
                            Hmmm, 70 and sunny in Charleston...great for me. Let's worry about the pieces that we lost that got us a Lombardi trophy before RB.
                            New England Patriots GM

Comment

Sexy picks are sexy on paper, but don't always put out....
                              New England Patriots GM

Comment

Working...
                              X