Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franchise-tagged OLB Von Miller will not attend Denver's offseason program

Von Miller - LB - Broncos

Franchise-tagged OLB Von Miller will not attend Denver's offseason program.
    Miller has yet to sign his $14.1 million franchise tender. He won't participate in any offseason work as an unsigned player. Miller is seeking $22M annually, with the Broncos latest offer reportedly in the $18M range. The sides have until July 15 to work out an extension.

And so it begins.....

Here comes the onslaught of posters saying we should trade him now....awesome, can't wait.
    New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
      And so it begins.....

Here comes the onslaught of posters saying we should trade him now....awesome, can't wait.
      Or that Elway is an idiot and should have signed him long term last year.

Matt Prater, Ryan Clady, and DT all held out on the franchise tag and they all eventually signed long term deals. It will get done and Von knows our defense and his job, more reps for Ray and Barrett.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post

Matt Prater, Ryan Clady, and DT all held out on the franchise tag and they all eventually signed long term deals. It will get done and Von knows our defense and his job, more reps for Ray and Barrett.
        Yeah.......Elway is definitely an idiot.....
        New England Patriots GM

Comment

He's dancing with the stars still. I would imagine that he wants to keep that going. It's not like he isn't getting exercise while doing that.
          Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

KUSA - Unless Von Miller gets eliminated from “Dancing with the Stars” on Monday night, he will not attend the Denver Broncos “voluntary” offseason workout opener April 18. And it would be shocking if Miller was eliminated. First, it seems the television show’s producers have made him the star of their 22nd season. Only two of the 12 contestants have been voted off and Miller has not even endured a bottom-three threat.

http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denv...ener/127826477

This article is more than a week old. Someone is manufacturing news here.
            Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

I know hindsight is 20-20 but yeh...that will turn out to be a mistake
              sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

I agree it will get done and Miller will play at a high level. Hopefully!

My biggest concern for the team is the focus on the season. It is difficult for a SB team to repeat in general. with all the changes and distractions this just seems like a extreme case this off-season for the Broncos. This is just one more element of the motivation and mental preparation for the season that the Broncos will need to overcome.

As all the other contenders are focused, preparing and motivated with a burning passion to take the Broncos title next year, the Broncos have lost team leaders are still trying to scramble for a QB, have the franchise player distracted in Hollywood and feeling disgruntled because he may be forced to play the season at a discount if the deal can not be done by the start of the season.

I understand it is all part of the distractions of winning a SB but I still do not like hearing it. For a team that just won a SB relying largely on team chemistry it seems like a lot to replace and overcome. Miller is just one of many pieces of the puzzle.

Going to be an interesting season watching them pull it all together. Luckily the coaching staff is strong enough to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
                  Yeah.......Elway is definitely an idiot.....
                  I was being sarcastic when I wrote that, I think Elway has played it the best he could. I keep reading opinions of all these guys Elway could have signed for nothing earlier like Brock, and Malik and its just not the case, same with Von, he will be a Bronco he is just going through the motions.
                  sigpic

Comment

It's all part of the process. Nothing new is happening. Von will get his money, he'll be a bronco. He probably won't be signed until July 15th.

I ain't even worried.
                    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                      My biggest concern for the team is the focus on the season. It is difficult for a SB team to repeat in general. with all the changes and distractions this just seems like a extreme case this off-season for the Broncos. This is just one more element of the motivation and mental preparation for the season that the Broncos will need to overcome.
                      I find it disturbing how much the game has changed since we won our 1st SB and were preparing to defend our title. Might not be accurate, but it just seems to me that in today's NFL players change teams much more frequently than back in '98 so it's significantly harder for a successful team to retain continuity and that SB winning chemistry.

Has anyone had a look to see how many players we lost after our 1st SB win compared with how many we've lost after SB50? I seem to recall our roster between SB32 and SB33 remained mostly intact. Was that due to Pat Bowlen's efforts to keep us together or were player movement between teams just not as common as in 2016?
                      "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                      PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                      LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                        I know hindsight is 20-20 but yeh...that will turn out to be a mistake
                        I meant posters are going to claim he is an idiot and should have signed him last year, I think Elway is playing it cool and making the tough decisions and not making emotional moves, like signing Brock or Malik for more than he thinks their worth. And now instead of having two players he is able to pick up 4 or 5 with the same amount of cap (Stephenson, Okung, Norwood, CJ, Jared Crick, Casey Kreiter (long snapper), & Sanchez). Elway is building a deep team not a team with 10 bloated contracts, and he can still pull another $9 million from DT's contract if he wants.
                        sigpic

Comment

I was being sarcastic when I wrote that, I think Elway has played it the best he could. I keep reading opinions of all these guys Elway could have signed for nothing earlier like Brock, and Malik and its just not the case, same with Von, he will be a Bronco he is just going through the motions.
                          You should work on your portrayal of sarcasm via message or text a tad bit. You obviously picked up with me using a much hyperbolized ellipse that I was being sarcastic. Your post didn't reflect contextually that you were showing a tone of sarcasm.
                          New England Patriots GM

Comment

Somewhere in 2015:

Elway - "Hi Von, your value is only increasing, but can we sign you now to have you much cheaper for several years? Don't listen to your agent."

Von - "Of course! Where do I sign?"

I don't think that's how it works.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                              KUSA - Unless Von Miller gets eliminated from “Dancing with the Stars” on Monday night, he will not attend the Denver Broncos “voluntary” offseason workout opener April 18. And it would be shocking if Miller was eliminated. First, it seems the television show’s producers have made him the star of their 22nd season. Only two of the 12 contestants have been voted off and Miller has not even endured a bottom-three threat.

http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denv...ener/127826477

This article is more than a week old. Someone is manufacturing news here.
                              I wouldn't even call it news.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X