Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    At his pro day he was 234.
    OK, that's a little better. He's listed as a 6'2" 24 year old rookie. That's not a bad height/weight combo at that age if he has blocking skills.
    Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
      We were all confused last year as to why he wasn't thrown to more, yet seemed to do well with his opportunities.
      seems like every time green has gotten the ball he has done something positive with it. As a bronco I cant really recall any big glaring mistakes he has made. How he has not gotten any chances yet we keep getting random tight ends that come in and start is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
        We were all confused last year as to why he wasn't thrown to more, yet seemed to do well with his opportunities.
        Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
        seems like every time green has gotten the ball he has done something positive with it. As a bronco I cant really recall any big glaring mistakes he has made. How he has not gotten any chances yet we keep getting random tight ends that come in and start is beyond me.
        Exactly. I'm not sure where the narrative is coming from that he hasn't stepped up. Perhaps there is something that we don't know about. But Virgil seems to come through in the passing game when asked.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
          Exactly. I'm not sure where the narrative is coming from that he hasn't stepped up. Perhaps there is something that we don't know about. But Virgil seems to come through in the passing game when asked.
          Virgil Green hasn't been thrown to a lot, but he has caught 80% of the passes thrown to him. Last year was his best. He is such a great blocker, the Broncos have asked him to do that mostly. His blocking was needed last year. He has a great position coach. We'll see how it goes this year.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Yes. This thread is the only place I have heard how bad Green is.
            Several analysts I have heard think he has been under utilyzed..
            and is poised for a breakout season..
            and..
            apparently this draft class is WEAK on TE's...
            -
            With the WEALTH of defensive talent in this draft class... BPA...instead of need...
            so...
            I don't expect to see a TE drafted.. but I do expect to see a TE UFA signed.
            -
            I think Broncos are counting on Huerman and Green.. a lot...
            and Graham was signed because this year we may need some experienced depth...
            depending how the UFA thing turns out.
            -
            JMHO
            - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Working...
            X