Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Von Miller confident new contract is coming 'any day'

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Von Miller confident new contract is coming 'any day'

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...coming-any-day

    Out of all the high-profile franchise tag cases this spring, the least contentious seems to be between Super Bowl MVP Von Miller and the Denver Broncos -- and that is just the way Miller likes it.

    "My teammates know what type of teammate I am," he told the Denver Post on Wednesday after providing eyeglasses for nearly 300 local kids as part of his Von's Vision foundation. "They know what type of guy I am. It's just the business part of it. There's really no hard feelings or anything like that. (The Broncos) know what type of guy I am. I'm expecting a deal any day. That's just the type of mindset I have."

    The last part of that quote -- I expect a deal any day -- likely says more about Miller than it does the state of negotiations. Denver has a massively important first-round draft pick to make on Thursday and Miller has always been relentlessly positive.

    Still, Miller knows that the Broncos can and will break the bank for him. If the team hopes to return to the Super Bowl, they'll do it on the shoulders of a vicious pass rush like they did in 2015. Neither Mark Sanchez or Trevor Siemian (or Sam Bradford or Brian Hoyer or Ryan Fitzpatrick or Paxton Lynch or Mike Glennon or Colin Kaepernick) would be good enough to transform the inherent makeup of this team, which relies on ball control, a strong run game and bootleg option and a stronger defense.

    While he waits, Miller seems content trying to win Dancing With The Stars while providing a very nice service for local children along the way. The non-stop media tour has been a welcome distraction of sorts as the July 15 negotiation window slowly creeps in.

    "There's really not anything negative about it," Miller said. "Of course I want to be there with my guys. Just taking it one day at a time. I'm just working out, dancing, trying to do the best I can with that."


    ~~~~~~~

    My appreciation for Von has grown and grown of late. And even though the deal may not happen "any day", I love his attitude, and his positive view of the situation!

  • #2
    Not saying you don't CanDB, but Von has always been this type of player. He has just been painted completely differently by fans on these forums who are too concerned with the idea that a balanced salary cap, and not following the trend of the market by paying a player, equates to championships.

    A deal will get done.
    New England Patriots GM

    Comment


    • #3
      I wish him the best of luck on whatever team pays him.

      Comment


      • #4
        He misses the guys. Said.. and I paraphrase...

        I saw thse guys every day for the entire last season...
        now I haven't seen my boys for months.
        I miss the guys. Can't wait to be back with 'em
        .
        - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

        Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

        Comment


        • #5
          Deal is gonna get done in July.... no worries
          - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

          Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

          Comment


          • #6
            Von has been really good about sticking to talking points regarding negotiations. He used to say "the process takes time," suggesting a July signing. The statement from yesterday about any day is a drastic change to his talking points. Although it is rare for tagged players to sign a long-term deal early, it might happen in this circumstance.

            But then again, he adds the qualifier: "that's the mindset I have" which essentially says it could all be make-believe. Hopefully we get a long-term deal that doesn't sink us but turns out better than Clady and DT.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
              I wish him the best of luck on whatever team pays him.
              You mean Denver...he ain't going anywhere...Denver is paying him.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                You mean Denver...he ain't going anywhere...Denver is paying him.
                Good thing fans don't make decisions for the team
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                  Good thing fans don't make decisions for the team
                  Armchair GM's...gotta love them.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I hope the deal get done soon

                    I trust Elway will make a good decision. .. just hope Von and his agent like it too
                    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
                      Not saying you don't CanDB, but Von has always been this type of player. He has just been painted completely differently by fans on these forums who are too concerned with the idea that a balanced salary cap, and not following the trend of the market by paying a player, equates to championships.

                      A deal will get done.
                      Because I live a fair distance from Denver, and therefore do not see local sports, or read the local sports pages, I do not see Von and others as often. But my perspective of him has changed significantly, the more I see him. Even seeing some segments of the DWTS show, I get a whole new appreciation for this guy. He seems so likable, and fun, and definitely so Broncos! In the past I would hear things about him and Dallas, and probably those were off the cuff, insignificant comments. But I hardly saw the personality. I assume it was always there, just needed more media coverage.

                      I call him the face of the franchise, as a player, and if anything, his stock in that regard is rising!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        Because I live a fair distance from Denver, and therefore do not see local sports, or read the local sports pages, I do not see Von and others as often. But my perspective of him has changed significantly, the more I see him. Even seeing some segments of the DWTS show, I get a whole new appreciation for this guy. He seems so likable, and fun, and definitely so Broncos! In the past I would hear things about him and Dallas, and probably those were off the cuff, insignificant comments. But I hardly saw the personality. I assume it was always there, just needed more media coverage.

                        I call him the face of the franchise, as a player, and if anything, his stock in that regard is rising!
                        Hmmm, this contradicts the story on the ticker on NFLN. It says there has been no movement and Von isn't sure he will sign his franchise tag if a deal isn't reached. So I'm not sure what's really going on.
                        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                          Hmmm, this contradicts the story on the ticker on NFLN. It says there has been no movement and Von isn't sure he will sign his franchise tag if a deal isn't reached. So I'm not sure what's really going on.
                          I have no idea if what Von is saying lines up with the negotiations. My message is that he is a cooler dude than I thought, and seems like he is maturing and more likely to be a role model than otherwise. I never got that vibe a couple of years ago.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Since we wont be paying franchise money to a QB, we can afford to have Von on a QB level deal.

                            Would think it gets done now.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                              Since we wont be paying franchise money to a QB, we can afford to have Von on a QB level deal.

                              Would think it gets done now.
                              That's what I've been thinking, we wait till the draft to figure out our qb situation. Luckily we got lynch, one of the crappy veterans we were looking at would have been way too expensive. Now we have our future qb and saved cap space, we can up our offer.
                              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X