Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is John Elway's league, we are all just living in it!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This is John Elway's league, we are all just living in it!

    Denver, you’re in good hands.

    We, myself included, have spent the last few months asking ourselves, “What is John Elway doing?” Why didn’t he pay Brock Osweiler? Why did he trade for Mark Sanchez? Why won’t he pull the trigger on Colin Kaepernick?

    We were inundated with report after report after report, each claiming that Elway was interested in a new quarterback than the day before. And you know what? I’m sure he was. I’m sure he called every single general manager inquiring about every single quarterback, available or not, and in the end, he did nothing.

    He put his foot in the ground, waited and did the one thing so many general managers are incapable or unwilling to do: be patient.

    And after months of speculation and doubt, he selected Paxton Lynch with the 26th pick in the NFL Draft.

    John Elway, well, won.

    But before I explain to you why this is John Elway’s world and we’re all just living in it, let me clarify something: There was never going to be a magical solution to the Denver Broncos’ quarterback problem.

    No, Paxton Lynch is not a “win-now” prospect; he may not even play this year — he probably shouldn’t. But that doesn’t mean he wasn’t the best choice for the franchise.

    Here’s the unfortunate fact that everyone seems to be glossing over: The Denver Broncos lost their Hall of Fame quarterback and his heir apparent in the span of a week; that’s not a winning formula. In fact, that’s a crippling problem. So what exactly was Broncos Country hoping Elway would pull out of his hat?

    Kaepernick? Is that the quarterback our Super Bowl hopes depended on? Because from everything I’ve seen in the last two seasons, that’s one of the worst quarterbacks in the league.

    Kaepernick’s Last Eight Starts: 2-6 record; 59% completion; 1,615 yards; 6 touchdowns; 5 interceptions; 78.5 QB Rating

    Sanchez’s Last Eight Starts: 3-5 record; 66% completion; 1,998 yards; 12 touchdowns; 10 interceptions; 85.3 QB Rating

    PLEASE, someone, anyone, tell me why Kaepernick is such a better option than Sanchez. Because he went to the Super Bowl and another NFC Championship? Nope. Last time I checked, Sanchez has been to two title games himself. And I don’t want to hear that Sanchez was carried by his defense and running game, either. So was Kaepernick!

    One more time, since both players have played in six playoff games, let’s compare:

    Kaepernick: 58% completion; 1,374 yards; 7 touchdowns; 5 interceptions; 87.3 QB Rating

    Sanchez: 61% completion; 1,155 yards; 9 touchdowns; 3 interceptions; 94.3 QB Rating

    Now, I’ll admit that Kaepernick’s rushing abilities bring an added element, but there is no way anyone can make the argument that Kaepernick is a superior quarterback than Sanchez — none — especially when you’re paying Sanchez half the price of Kaepernick.

    The truth of the matter is that Kaepernick is just as big of a risk as Sanchez, Lynch or even Trevor Siemian. There’s no telling what kind of quarterback he’s going to be outside of San Francisco, but I can guarantee you that he’s not a safer option than Sanchez.

    So let’s get back to why Elway is, simply put, the best.

    The Broncos were thrown into the fire, and they didn’t panic. He could have done what the Rams or 49ers did and mortgage the future for a potential star. Or, more likely, he could have overpaid Osweiler, Kaepernick or Ryan Fitzpatrick to answer the question at quarterback. He could have traded for Sam Bradford or Josh McCown, too.

    Instead, he kept his calm, didn’t succumb to outside pressures and dictated the quarterback market.







    Elway never closed the door on any option, and yet he never forced it open either; he played the long game, and he, again, won.

    Paxton Lynch may not be the guy who’s going to carry Denver back to the Super Bowl — Sanchez may not be, either — but neither was anyone else on the available market. But instead of forcing assets and dollars into an option that didn’t deserve it, Elway waited and chose a guy who could lead this team for the next decade if everything goes right.

    It may be unfair to say, “In John Elway we trust,” but until he stops winning division titles and going to Super Bowls every other year, it’s hard to deny that he hasn’t earned that respect

    Read more at https://milehighsports.com/this-is-j...xy0f6tH89U0.99



    https://milehighsports.com/this-is-j...-living-in-it/
    Last edited by 58Miller; 04-29-2016, 02:55 PM.
    sigpic

  • #2
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    Denver, you’re in good hands.

    We, myself included, have spent the last few months asking ourselves, “What is John Elway doing?” Why didn’t he pay Brock Osweiler? Why did he trade for Mark Sanchez? Why won’t he pull the trigger on Colin Kaepernick?

    We were inundated with report after report after report, each claiming that Elway was interested in a new quarterback than the day before. And you know what? I’m sure he was. I’m sure he called every single general manager inquiring about every single quarterback, available or not, and in the end, he did nothing.

    He put his foot in the ground, waited and did the one thing so many general managers are incapable or unwilling to do: be patient.

    And after months of speculation and doubt, he selected Paxton Lynch with the 26th pick in the NFL Draft.

    John Elway, well, won.

    But before I explain to you why this is John Elway’s world and we’re all just living in it, let me clarify something: There was never going to be a magical solution to the Denver Broncos’ quarterback problem.

    No, Paxton Lynch is not a “win-now” prospect; he may not even play this year — he probably shouldn’t. But that doesn’t mean he wasn’t the best choice for the franchise.

    Here’s the unfortunate fact that everyone seems to be glossing over: The Denver Broncos lost their Hall of Fame quarterback and his heir apparent in the span of a week; that’s not a winning formula. In fact, that’s a crippling problem. So what exactly was Broncos Country hoping Elway would pull out of his hat?

    Kaepernick? Is that the quarterback our Super Bowl hopes depended on? Because from everything I’ve seen in the last two seasons, that’s one of the worst quarterbacks in the league.

    Kaepernick’s Last Eight Starts: 2-6 record; 59% completion; 1,615 yards; 6 touchdowns; 5 interceptions; 78.5 QB Rating

    Sanchez’s Last Eight Starts: 3-5 record; 66% completion; 1,998 yards; 12 touchdowns; 10 interceptions; 85.3 QB Rating

    PLEASE, someone, anyone, tell me why Kaepernick is such a better option than Sanchez. Because he went to the Super Bowl and another NFC Championship? Nope. Last time I checked, Sanchez has been to two title games himself. And I don’t want to hear that Sanchez was carried by his defense and running game, either. So was Kaepernick!

    One more time, since both players have played in six playoff games, let’s compare:

    Kaepernick: 58% completion; 1,374 yards; 7 touchdowns; 5 interceptions; 87.3 QB Rating

    Sanchez: 61% completion; 1,155 yards; 9 touchdowns; 3 interceptions; 94.3 QB Rating

    Now, I’ll admit that Kaepernick’s rushing abilities bring an added element, but there is no way anyone can make the argument that Kaepernick is a superior quarterback than Sanchez — none — especially when you’re paying Sanchez half the price of Kaepernick.

    The truth of the matter is that Kaepernick is just as big of a risk as Sanchez, Lynch or even Trevor Siemian. There’s no telling what kind of quarterback he’s going to be outside of San Francisco, but I can guarantee you that he’s not a safer option than Sanchez.

    So let’s get back to why Elway is, simply put, the best.

    The Broncos were thrown into the fire, and they didn’t panic. He could have done what the Rams or 49ers did and mortgage the future for a potential star. Or, more likely, he could have overpaid Osweiler, Kaepernick or Ryan Fitzpatrick to answer the question at quarterback. He could have traded for Sam Bradford or Josh McCown, too.

    Instead, he kept his calm, didn’t succumb to outside pressures and dictated the quarterback market.







    Elway never closed the door on any option, and yet he never forced it open either; he played the long game, and he, again, won.

    Paxton Lynch may not be the guy who’s going to carry Denver back to the Super Bowl — Sanchez may not be, either — but neither was anyone else on the available market. But instead of forcing assets and dollars into an option that didn’t deserve it, Elway waited and chose a guy who could lead this team for the next decade if everything goes right.

    It may be unfair to say, “In John Elway we trust,” but until he stops winning division titles and going to Super Bowls every other year, it’s hard to deny that he hasn’t earned that respect

    Read more at https://milehighsports.com/this-is-j...xy0f6tH89U0.99



    https://milehighsports.com/this-is-j...-living-in-it/
    Nice Post.

    John Elway is a WINNER. He was a winner on the field. He was a winner in business. He was a winner as Owner of a professional football franchise. And he is a winner as Executive Vice President of Football Operations for the Denver Broncos.

    So I guess nobody should be surprised.

    In the future, I hope he is a winner as a partner and co-owner of the Denver Broncos football franchise.

    Comment


    • #3
      Nice write up. I don't have much for feedback. I just really like the way you wrote this.
      My Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/TheJRTrax

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by JRTrax View Post
        Nice write up. I don't have much for feedback. I just really like the way you wrote this.

        By Michael Jaycox - from Mile High Sports wrote column, im glad you enjoyed it.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
          By Michael Jaycox - from Mile High Sports wrote column, im glad you enjoyed it.
          Oh my fault. Been hitting the beer tonight. Michael did a good job and thank you for sharing it. I normally don't read long posts on anything but it was done so well.
          My Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/TheJRTrax

          Comment


          • #6
            JE is the man...a god...thankfully he is ours

            Comment


            • #7
              Idk if this point was brought up cuz honestly I didn't read the whole thing but 1 huge thing is the cost of our QB for the next four years is very small (I've heard around 1.6 million or so the first year ranging up to around 3 million year 4 plus the 5th year option) this saves a ton of money to spend on Emmanuel Sanders, von miller, and brandon Marshall, amongst others. It saves roughly 17-18 million a year from what Brock got paid.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by broncsfan219 View Post
                Idk if this point was brought up cuz honestly I didn't read the whole thing but 1 huge thing is the cost of our QB for the next four years is very small (I've heard around 1.6 million or so the first year ranging up to around 3 million year 4 plus the 5th year option) this saves a ton of money to spend on Emmanuel Sanders, von miller, and brandon Marshall, amongst others. It saves roughly 17-18 million a year from what Brock got paid.
                It's not pasted in the article, but on the website there's a linked tweet that brought that up. 72m for Osweiler for 4 years. 9.1m projected for Lynch for 4 years. 11+m for Kaep for 2016 alone. That right there is HUGE in terms of being able to resign Von and Marshall.
                2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ChupaThingy View Post
                  It's not pasted in the article, but on the website there's a linked tweet that brought that up. 72m for Osweiler for 4 years. 9.1m projected for Lynch for 4 years. 11+m for Kaep for 2016 alone. That right there is HUGE in terms of being able to resign Von and Marshall.
                  Exactly. Elway is shifting QB money to his defense. I don't blame him with what I witnessed last season.
                  sigpic

                  Defense wins championships

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Copy cat league. you can see it in other teams now.
                    look at Jaquars.
                    -
                    Big shift. to focus on Defense..
                    away from the video game style offense model.
                    -
                    Great article. Thanks.
                    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

                    Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
                      Copy cat league. you can see it in other teams now.
                      look at Jaquars.
                      -
                      Big shift. to focus on Defense..
                      away from the video game style offense model.
                      -
                      Great article. Thanks.
                      Well the coach of the Jags came from SEA who helped orchestrate and develop that defense and run game that won them a SB. So if anyone is a copy cat I'd say it might be us.
                      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                        Well the coach of the Jags came from SEA who helped orchestrate and develop that defense and run game that won them a SB. So if anyone is a copy cat I'd say it might be us.
                        We did, but just in terms of Defense. We still had the intuition to transition to a 3-4(which the Seahawks don't run) and play the majority of a man Defense(once again the Seahawks run a lot of zone). So yes, we transitioned to a Defensive team....but COMPLETELY different scheme.
                        New England Patriots GM

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
                          We did, but just in terms of Defense. We still had the intuition to transition to a 3-4(which the Seahawks don't run) and play the majority of a man Defense(once again the Seahawks run a lot of zone). So yes, we transitioned to a Defensive team....but COMPLETELY different scheme.
                          Yeah but I think you missed my point. I was responding to a poster who said it's a copy cat league and used the Jags as an example of a team who is copying us by them building a defensive team.

                          I was just pointing out that the Jags weren't copying us at all. Meaning, Gus Bradley had been part of a defensive team in SEA and is turning the Jags into one as well because he's done it before and it got SEA to a SB championship. So he knows that it's a formula that works and he's been slowly rebuilding the Jags into a defensive team since he got there. I wasn't really talking about scheme. But I do see your point though.
                          Last edited by broncoslover115; 04-30-2016, 06:06 AM.
                          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                            Well the coach of the Jags came from SEA who helped orchestrate and develop that defense and run game that won them a SB. So if anyone is a copy cat I'd say it might be us.
                            Besides, their shift to D maybe came after the Jags started to regret paying huge money for Julius Thomas
                            "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                            PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                            LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
                              Besides, their shift to D maybe came after the Jags started to regret paying huge money for Julius Thomas
                              Well, there's that! Has he even played a full season for them yet?
                              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X