No announcement yet.

Paxton Lynch's ascension to NFL comes on wing-T offense, loyalty and commitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paxton Lynch's ascension to NFL comes on wing-T offense, loyalty and commitment

Meet your new franchise QB.

This article really tells you what this kid is made of and how lucky we are to have someone like him on our team. I hope this helps everyone support him even more. I heard Mike Maylock say what a nice person this kid is, but after reading this article you can hear about it from others.

On the football side, he has many skills Brock doesn't have, so this could really seem to work out for us! The only thing better would be if Peyton came back in the offseason to work with Paxton as a QB consultant, because that is the only thing that Brock had that Paxton won't, he had the opportunity to work with Peyton for 4 years. It would be a nice payback by Peyton if he did Elway that favor.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...ension-broncos
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Awesome post...I truly believe we hot the jackpot with this kid.

Comment

Glad to hear we took not only a fine athlete but a good kid as our future team leader. That's what was worrying me most about the whole Kaep drama, he's a bicep-kissing-look-at-me-me-me punk and I couldn't imagine Elway would want that kind of...ahem..."leadership" in our locker room. Now, I don't have to worry about it
      "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
      PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
      LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Originally posted by CDUB1620 View Post
        Awesome post...I truly believe we hot the jackpot with this kid.
        I can't believe teams like the Browns, Jets, and Bills let him get away. I thought for sure one of them would take him.
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, Snakes, Snails and Puppy Dog Tails too btw. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
            I can't believe teams like the Browns, Jets, and Bills let him get away. I thought for sure one of them would take him.
            Exactly, me either. I was really hoping Elway and Company WEREN'T targeting him because with so many teams needing QB before us, and with Goff and Wentz going 1 and 2....I thought it was going to take close to a blockbuster to land him. So I didn't want us to do that and was hoping we were targeting someone else.

Worked out great. Glad we got him for only a third to move up.
            New England Patriots GM

Comment

That is a good sign because those teams only take garbage QBs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                That is a good sign because those teams only take garbage QBs.
                The Browns don't. They have a great track record of QBs
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by haciendadad View Post

This article really tells you what this kid is made of and how lucky we are to have someone like him on our team. I hope this helps everyone support him even more. I heard Mike Maylock say what a nice person this kid is, but after reading this article you can hear about it from others.

On the football side, he has many skills Brock doesn't have, so this could really seem to work out for us! The only thing better would be if Peyton came back in the offseason to work with Paxton as a QB consultant, because that is the only thing that Brock had that Paxton won't, he had the opportunity to work with Peyton for 4 years. It would be a nice payback by Peyton if he did Elway that favor.

Not suprised Elway drafted a Qb who values loyalty.
                  sigpic

Comment

Peyton is not and never had been a good QB teacher, Hacendad.
                    He was NOT a mentor to Brock... he was focused on his own game...
                    and once injured, disappeared from the company of the team.
                    -
                    Nice nice statements were made at the time.. politically correct..
                    but one thing Peyton has NEVER been ..
                    is a QB Mentor.
                    -
                    Ask Curtis Painter.
                    -
                    I'm thrilled that Paxton is here..
                    Sanchez seems ready and eager to show him the ropes...
                    Sanchez sems eager to be the best asset to this team he can be...
                    I reckon that if Sanchez does well... wins some games..
                    he has a good shot at being Paxton's Back up once Lynch moves into the start.
                    -
                    Sorry. Not harshing.
                    Just saying...
                    we don't need peyton hanging around here...
                    and I doubt peyton is interested in it , either.
                    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Raiders got Connor Cook. lol
                      - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

The loyalty factor is a great plus. If all works out well and he becomes our franchise QB I am hopeful he might be willing to take a real home town type contract. Contrast this with Von who appears to not care that the number he is looking for will affect the teams ability to keep players around him. I would be OK with Von getting 18-19 mil but the 22 that he is looking for would hurt the team. Same can be said for Drew Brees. $30mil to one player makes it impossible for the franchise to compete.

I am not suggesting if Paxton develops into a a top tier QB that we pay him peanuts, I just don't want him to demand a contract that is millions higher than the highest paid player at his position and ultimately putting the Broncos at a competitave disadvantage.

Comment

Originally posted by MJCOSTEL View Post
                          The loyalty factor is a great plus. If all works out well and he becomes our franchise QB I am hopeful he might be willing to take a real home town type contract. Contrast this with Von who appears to not care that the number he is looking for will affect the teams ability to keep players around him. I would be OK with Von getting 18-19 mil but the 22 that he is looking for would hurt the team. Same can be said for Drew Brees. $30mil to one player makes it impossible for the franchise to compete.

I am not suggesting if Paxton develops into a a top tier QB that we pay him peanuts, I just don't want him to demand a contract that is millions higher than the highest paid player at his position and ultimately putting the Broncos at a competitave disadvantage.
                          Von's agent is just playing the game, and I think guaranteed money is the issue, it always is, Julius Thomas was offered a 5 year deal worth $40 million but not a lot guaranteed, same with Malik he was offered a deal with $50 million guaranteed he wanted $70 million guaranteed.

Elway ain't gonna budge and he can keep Von here two years on the franchise tag.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
                            Peyton is not and never had been a good QB teacher, Hacendad.
                            He was NOT a mentor to Brock... he was focused on his own game...
                            and once injured, disappeared from the company of the team.
                            -
                            Nice nice statements were made at the time.. politically correct..
                            but one thing Peyton has NEVER been ..
                            is a QB Mentor.
                            -
                            Ask Curtis Painter.
                            -
                            I'm thrilled that Paxton is here..
                            Sanchez seems ready and eager to show him the ropes...
                            Sanchez sems eager to be the best asset to this team he can be...
                            I reckon that if Sanchez does well... wins some games..
                            he has a good shot at being Paxton's Back up once Lynch moves into the start.
                            -
                            Sorry. Not harshing.
                            Just saying...
                            we don't need peyton hanging around here...
                            and I doubt peyton is interested in it , either.
                            Brock has made plenty of comments that disagree with your statement regarding Peyton.

It seems as if you know Peyton and Brock personally and hung around the locker rooms and practice fields quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by haciendadad View Post

I wouldn't worry about Manning not being around. Kubiak has tons of experience coaching up QBs, guys like Steve Young, Elway, Plummer, Schaub, and Flacco. We also have a good QB coach in Greg Knapp.

Comment

Working...
                              X