Paxton Lynch's ascension to NFL comes on wing-T offense, loyalty and commitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
    Peyton is not and never had been a good QB teacher, Hacendad.
    He was NOT a mentor to Brock... he was focused on his own game...
    and once injured, disappeared from the company of the team.
    -
    Nice nice statements were made at the time.. politically correct..
    but one thing Peyton has NEVER been ..
    is a QB Mentor.
    -
    Ask Curtis Painter.
    -
    I'm thrilled that Paxton is here..
    Sanchez seems ready and eager to show him the ropes...
    Sanchez sems eager to be the best asset to this team he can be...
    I reckon that if Sanchez does well... wins some games..
    he has a good shot at being Paxton's Back up once Lynch moves into the start.
    -
    Sorry. Not harshing.
    Just saying...
    we don't need peyton hanging around here...
    and I doubt peyton is interested in it , either.
    I am going to second this. Not just Curtis Painter but any of his Colts 2nd and 3rd string. Everything I have ever read about the subject leans toward him not being a teacher.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
      The Browns don't. They have a great track record of QBs
      Could be the reason we are heading into our second week of straight snow in May.

Comment

Peyton is not and never had been a good QB teacher, Hacendad.
        He was NOT a mentor to Brock... he was focused on his own game...
        and once injured, disappeared from the company of the team.
        -
        Nice nice statements were made at the time.. politically correct..
        but one thing Peyton has NEVER been ..
        is a QB Mentor.
        -
        Ask Curtis Painter.
        -
        I'm thrilled that Paxton is here..
        Sanchez seems ready and eager to show him the ropes...
        Sanchez sems eager to be the best asset to this team he can be...
        I reckon that if Sanchez does well... wins some games..
        he has a good shot at being Paxton's Back up once Lynch moves into the start.
        -
        Sorry. Not harshing.
        Just saying...
        we don't need peyton hanging around here...
        and I doubt peyton is interested in it , either.
        I actually agree and I even made that same comment when Peyton was injured and I was wondering where he was, because it didn't seem like he was willing to help Brock. It was a good point made.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

even more fired up after reading this. Love how elway is building the team and locker room. Alot to be said for the "we want guys who want to be broncos" mantra. You cant get everyone to buy into that, your going to lose some guys to money like malik and brock but if you can keeep that mantra and keep a core together i think well win a ton of games. You cant keep everyone and you cant pay top dollar every time. Im loving this pick.
          Most hated Teams - Patriots then Raiders then Chargers

Comment

Raiders got Connor Cook. lol
            That one just baffles me...You got Carr and you trade up to take cook...
            sigpic

Comment

and he said: 'Coach, this is my team. I don't want to go to anybody else's team. I can't leave my brothers like that.' And he didn't."
              Now if Brock had this 'tude, this thread wouldn't exist. Happy to have him, and so happy I'm not running the Broncos draft. I think they're doing just fine.
              Canadian Denver Bronco Fan Club #60

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                they need a good backup.....
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                  Brock has made plenty of comments that disagree with your statement regarding Peyton.

It seems as if you know Peyton and Brock personally and hung around the locker rooms and practice fields quite a bit.
                  I can handle all the snark you can give me, bro. lol

Deal is... people talk.. people see.. people know.
                  There are public statements, politically correct team statements...
                  that we ALL understand are just that. Politically correct..
                  -
                  and then there is the stuff that gets out and the chatter and the lay of the land.
                  If you listen to Denver Jock Talk radio a lot..
                  you hear lots of stuff that the 'team" or individual players
                  do not say out loud in front of a microphone.

Like the stories about McDaniels. Lord.. there were some doozies...
                  but they were not all gospel truth told to the microphone in front of the media...
                  NOPE. the media got half truths, politicaly correct versions of what happened.
                  -
                  Turned out later... McD was an abusive loudmouth
                  yelling and screaming at everyone all the way down to the janitor.

Now... I was not there... but there were guys who were...
                  and they tell stories of WHY McD got fired...
                  and the stories you hear were not what was reported in the media.
                  -
                  Me personaly? I could tell you stories of what a great guy Louis Wright is...
                  my boy went to school with his boy Evan.
                  -
                  I could tell you a story you never heard about Randy Gradishar at the Illif Park Saloon...
                  I was there.. so was Ron Egloff.... and it was not pretty...
                  but I wont. It AINT politicaly correct.
                  -
                  I could tell you what happened at a concert at the Grizzly Rose, the first weekend
                  John Fox was in Denver... I've got pics of that one. But I wont say a word more.
                  -
                  So.. you go ahead on and take as gospel what brock said to the microphones...
                  and I will understand that there is another side to every politically correct story we hear.
                  -
                  Love that Paxton is a great , loyal kid, OUR future franchise QB...
                  and starting off on this incredible journey.
                  I am confidant he will get incredible mentoring from Elway, Kubiak, Sanchez...
                  and whoever this fine organization sees fit to help mold this upstanding young man.
                  - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                    Perhaps they wanted a better backup than McGloin or one who will be cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
                      Exactly, me either. I was really hoping Elway and Company WEREN'T targeting him because with so many teams needing QB before us, and with Goff and Wentz going 1 and 2....I thought it was going to take close to a blockbuster to land him. So I didn't want us to do that and was hoping we were targeting someone else.

Worked out great. Glad we got him for only a third to move up.
                      Bronco TV had a interview talking about how the Broncos were talking to every team in front of them all the way to Atlanta but prices were too high.

Saw Jerry Jones say they had no idea the Broncos had a better offer for the Hawks pick or he would have sweatened the deal....maybe he did not have time....maybe he not telling whole truth....maybe he no contacts on other teams
                      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                        Bronco TV had a interview talking about how the Broncos were talking to every team in front of them all the way to Atlanta but prices were too high.

Saw Jerry Jones say they had no idea the Broncos had a better offer for the Hawks pick or he would have sweatened the deal....maybe he did not have time....maybe he not telling whole truth....maybe he no contacts on other teams
                        Denver hadn't used their first round #31 pick yet, and were offering that and their third round #94 pick to Seattle. I think Dallas was offering their second round #34 and their third round #67.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                          Brock has made plenty of comments that disagree with your statement regarding Peyton.

It seems as if you know Peyton and Brock personally and hung around the locker rooms and practice fields quite a bit.
                          In past situations, Peyton was the starter and never gave reps to Painter. Giving reps to the #2 should have never be a #1 QB's decision, it should be a coach's decision. Peyton follows coach's orders to a tee and if the coach does not ask him to come off the field, he won't. Matt Cassel said the same thing about Brady that he is so competitive he does not even want to come off the practice field, so Cassel did not get much reps either. It was a testament to the Patriots' coaching and game plans that they got Cassel up to speed much faster than the Colts got Painter up to speed when their starting HOF QBs went down for the season. Pretty much most coaches, when their #1 QB goes down, expect their own staff to bring the #2 QB up to pace and want to give the #2 QB a clean slate. If the #2 QB has questions, it will be purely up to who it is directed to. If he directs it to the coaches, which happens most of the time, the coaches will provide the clarification. If he directs it to the #1 QB at times, the #1 QB can answer.

Kubiak made a conscious decision at the start of the 2015 camp to keep Peyton out a day or two during the week to give more reps to Brock. It paid off when Brock had to step in, IMO. In Indy, Peyton got his way. Neither Dungy nor Caldwell made it a priority to give their #2 enough reps and once Curtis Painter was thrown to the wolves, he did not have much reps to stand on. Besides, the management going out and signing Kerry Collins prior to the season's start to muddy the waters did not instill any confidence in Painter either in 2011 when Peyton sat out the entire season.

I think this has been rehashed before, damned if you do, damned if you don't. If you talk too much to Brock, Peyton is interfering. If he doesn't talk, he is not helping and is not a team player. It purely depends on which side of the fence you want to believe regarding Peyton. I can give you tons of stories of Joseph Addai, when drafted, asking Peyton questions via text and Peyton showing up at his doorstep to get him up to pace with the offense. That does not sound like someone unwilling to teach.

But the bottom line is, Kubiak's conscious decision to give Brock reps paid off, so it shows you all the moves that Kubiak made were instrumental in the Broncos winning the SB. I think Kubiak has seen enough of QBs that he won't need anyone outside the staff he has assembled to get his QBs up to pace. Peyton was a great chapter in Broncos history, and everyone has moved on. The Paxton chapter has begun. That is how I see it.
                          Last edited by chad72; 05-02-2016, 10:18 AM.

Comment

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/5...to-the-broncos

That brings us back to "loyalty."

John Elway showed that through his entire playing career and still does. But it doesn't stop there.

Gary Kubiak.

Joe DeCamillis.

Rick Dennison.

Wade Phillips.

Those are just a few examples, but all have remained true to themselves.

The lack of loyalty shown by one Brock Osweiler is why Broncos fans were so upset when he took the money and ran. Whether his feelings were hurt over the benching in Week 17 or any perceived slight in negotiations with Elway, it's not about one person. It's not about you. It's about the Broncos.

You want to know why fans feel that tinge of betrayal from Osweiler? There's your first clue. He made it about him. No one can or should hold that against him. It's his right. Cash in. Get your payday, as if he wouldn't have gotten that in Denver. But that's not what this franchise is about.

Chris Harris, Jr.

Derek Wolfe.

DeMarcus Ware.

In walks Paxton Lynch with a word he holds up that frequently gets dragged through the mud and muck and is the punchline in a bad joke.

Throughout his football life, Lynch has been loyal to his small high school and college. Despite the temptation to take the better offer, and better opportunity, loyalty to his commitment was too strong.

Comment

Working...
                            X