Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22cannon
    replied
    Vince Wilfork has always been the best NT and he never got paid more than 7.5 in his career. Sly is rated as bottom teir NT he wont make anything close to that 5th year option that was turned down.

Leave a comment:

• PAINTERDAVE
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Sly would have to absolutely dominate to get that much $. The highest paid 3-4 NT makes right now is jaye Howard at $5M/year.

Howard played 70% of the KC snaps compared to 48% for Sly.
    THIS ^^^^^^^

Broncos very well may sign him to a long term deal...
    however.. IF they had excercised the 5th year option at 6.8 million...
    that is where the negotiations would start.

Not interested.. at that price.

I wont be surprised if they do a 3 or 4 year deal with him...
    like Wolfe or Harris did...
    reasonable wage.. fair for him, fair for the team..... everybody happy...
    get it done during the first couple of weeks of regular season... move on.

Leave a comment:

• Gbt31
    replied
    Originally posted by chad72 View Post
    If Sly is moved to DE and allowed to rush the passer and does well, then what? How do they pay him? As a DT or 3-4 DE?
    We don't.....we let him walk.

Leave a comment:

• chad72
    replied
    Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    Trevathan is not a JAG. He is one of the best ILBs against the run. He forced guards and centers to move to the second block prematurely which helped Sly. Holes disappeared because of how our ILBs and NT play off each other on 1st and 2nd down.

But Sly needs to be a three-down NT to get paid.
    If Sly is moved to DE and allowed to rush the passer and does well, then what? How do they pay him? As a DT or 3-4 DE?

Leave a comment:

• GiddyupGetEm
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Trevathan was just a guy, that's why the Broncos didn't even try to re-sign him. He will be replaced and people will forget all about him.
    Trevathan is not a JAG. He is one of the best ILBs against the run. He forced guards and centers to move to the second block prematurely which helped Sly. Holes disappeared because of how our ILBs and NT play off each other on 1st and 2nd down.

But Sly needs to be a three-down NT to get paid.

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I feel the same, Corey Nelson is going to shine in his place over Todd Davis.

Also I've always thought that Darius Kilgo was wise beyond his years. Very smart player with heart and football instincts and that will translate well on the field in fact we may see him win the starting nose tackle job this season!

Only problem is how well will the rest of the defense react.
    I swear I think we are watching different players. Kilgo I agree with looked great when he was on the field. Nelson though I didn't see him even coming close to comparing to Davis or Trev. Davis showed massive improvement game over game ever since he started here.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Trevathan was just a guy, that's why the Broncos didn't even try to re-sign him. He will be replaced and people will forget all about him.
    I feel the same, Corey Nelson is going to shine in his place over Todd Davis.

Also I've always thought that Darius Kilgo was wise beyond his years. Very smart player with heart and football instincts and that will translate well on the field in fact we may see him win the starting nose tackle job this season!

Only problem is how well will the rest of the defense react.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 05-03-2016, 06:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    If he plays so well he gets a contract we will not match we win on the field this year and get a comp pick 2018.

If he does not earn a huge contract we keep him or let him go.

Someone did an article not long ago about how the values set for DTs also apply to NTs even tho DTs get paid more. They used the DT NFL numbers vs two NTs and it seemed like 5th options and maybe even tag values would be too high for NTs unless they elite.

Leave a comment:

• roushmartin6
    replied
    Elways wants to extend Sly but doesn't want that 6 million mark to be the starting point. We can thank Suh for jacking up the dt averages

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
    Howard isn't the nose in KC...

I was just going by over the cap stats...should have remembered it was Poe.

it seems Poe is getting paid at $6.15M since they did pick up his 5th year option last year.

Leave a comment:

• THEdraftnik
    replied
    Sly would have to absolutely dominate to get that much $. The highest paid 3-4 NT makes right now is jaye Howard at $5M/year.

Howard played 70% of the KC snaps compared to 48% for Sly.
    Howard isn't the nose in KC...

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    I don't think Sly will generate a comp pick if they lose him. hE WON'T GET A BIG ENOUGH NEW CONTRACT AND HE WON'T HAVE PLAYED MANY SNAPS.

sorry for caps...don't want to retype
    Depends on what happens in the future.

Leave a comment:

• Gbt31
    replied
    Kilgo.....Kilgo......Kilgo.....Kilgo

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    This was a pretty easy decision. Next year (this year, now) Sly needs to draw more double teams on rushing plays and can get more pressure up the middle on passing plays. I think more than any other player on our defense, Sly will miss Danny Trevathan.

Leave a comment:

• Kansas Bob
    replied
    We might be able to resign Sly for a much more reasonable salary. Who knows.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X