"Don’t count out Denver Broncos quarterback Trevor Siemian"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swbroncos View Post
    I don't think he's trying to knock Semian. We have traditionally always had this strange love for the third string qb for some reason. I especially remember it with the qb from csu.
    Vince Van Patton
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Just kidding.

Bradlee Van Pelt.
      -
      Bradlee Van Pelt (born July 3, 1980) is a former American football quarterback and safety. He was drafted by the Denver Broncos in the seventh round of the 2004 NFL Draft, and was also a member of the Houston Texans, Bergamo Lions and Leicester Falcons. He played college football at Michigan State and Colorado State. Van Pelt is currently working for Sky Sports in the United Kingdom as a studio analyst for their NFL programming.

He is the son of late NFL linebacker Brad Van Pelt.

He was drafted by the Denver Broncos in the seventh round of the 2004 NFL Draft, where he spent the next two years as a backup. In the 2006 NFL Draft, the Broncos drafted Vanderbilt quarterback Jay Cutler. In training camp, Cutler moved ahead of Van Pelt on the depth chart making Van Pelt the third string quarterback, behind Jake Plummer and Cutler. He was released by the Denver Broncos on September 2, 2006. His attempt to make the team was chronicled in Stefan Fatsis's book A Few Seconds of Panic.

Van Pelt was then signed by the Houston Texans on November 27, 2006, to be their third-string quarterback, brought in by his former coach in Denver, Gary Kubiak. He was released by the Texans on August 27, 2007.

It was announced on March 8, 2009, that Van Pelt would attempt a comeback as a safety with the Broncos, though he failed to make the roster.
      Last edited by PAINTERDAVE; 05-05-2016, 07:37 PM.

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

I guess i will be the only one to count him out. I think it is more then likely he ends up just like:

Matt Mauk
        Bradlee Van Pelt
        Tom Brandstater
        Zac Dysert

Best of luck to him and i do hope he develops into a good backup QB but I am just playing the odds here in saying he probably will never be the guy in denver.
        sigpic
        "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

Originally posted by MHS View Post
          I guess i will be the only one to count him out. I think it is more then likely he ends up just like:

Matt Mauk
          Bradlee Van Pelt
          Tom Brandstater
          Zac Dysert

Best of luck to him and i do hope he develops into a good backup QB but I am just playing the odds here in saying he probably will never be the guy in denver.
          Don't forget Jarious Jackson......and of course....Ingle Martin.
          New England Patriots GM

Comment

Don't forget Shawn Moore. Remember when Dan Reeves had him and Tommy Maddox alternate the QB duties during each possession? That was crazytown..Tommy in for 3 and out.. then punt... then Shawn in... punt... then Tommy in.. all game long. It was simply the craziest notion Reeves ever came up with.
            -

Shawn Levique Moore (born April 4, 1968) is an American former college and professional football player who was a quarterback in the National Football League (NFL) and Canadian Football League (NFL). He played college football for the University of Virginia and was recognized as a consensus All-American. He later returned to Virginia as an assistant coach under Mike London. Moore was named Director of Community Relations for the College Football Playoff in March 2014.

Moore was drafted in the eleventh round of the 1991 NFL Draft by the Denver Broncos. Moore managed to share time at the starting position with Tommy Maddox when John Elway was out for the last six games of the 1992 season. In between seasons with the Broncos he played for the Birmingham Fire of the World League of American Football. After serving as an NFL back-up from 1991 to 1994 with Denver and later the Arizona Cardinals, Moore played for a number of CFL teams, including the Ottawa Rough Riders, Winnipeg Blue Bombers, and the Calgary Stampeders.

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

PRO FOOTBALL; Broncos Still Can't Pass Muster

Published: December 7, 1992

Cowboys 31, Broncos 27

DENVER, Dec. 6 (AP) -- The Denver Broncos threw tag-team quarterbacks and a passing wide receiver at Dallas today, but the Cowboys still left town with a 31-27 victory.

Emmitt Smith's 3-yard touchdown run with 2 minutes 47 seconds left in the game was the winning score for the Cowboys (11-2), who clinched at least a wild-card playoff berth.

The loss left Denver at 7-6 with three straight losses and in serious danger of missing the playoffs. The Broncos also lost at home for the first time in nine games.

The Broncos played with Tommy Maddox and Shawn Moore alternating at quarterback for the injured John Elway. Each passed for 104 yards -- Maddox was 10 of 16, Moore was 7 for 13 -- and Denver rolled up 354 yards against a team that had allowed just 239 a game coming in.

Maddox did most of the damage for both sides, with three touchdown passes, four interceptions and a fumble. One interception ended the final Denver drive, and two other interceptions and the fumble led to scores from Troy Aikman to Michael Irvin (twice) and Jay Novacek.

With 9:05 left in the game, Denver receiver Arthur Marshall shocked the Cowboys with an 81-yard pass to Cedric Tillman that put the Broncos ahead, 27-24.

But Aikman, who was 25 for 35 for 281 yards, calmly led the Cowboys on an 11-play, 77-yard drive. He completed 3 passes to Novacek for 50 yards and handed off to Smith for the touchdown.
              Last edited by PAINTERDAVE; 05-05-2016, 10:01 PM.

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Lord. I had not thought of Arthur Marshall for decades.
                And when was the last time you heard anybody mention Cedric Tillman?

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Im pulling for Troy to win the job. Nothing against Sanchez, hope he plays well and Troy just outplays him. Would give Troy some games under his belt until Lynch emerges...gives us a strong 1-2 QB combo for the following two years with experience. Cut Sanchez, save 3.5M in cap and go sign Yates to be #3 (a guy who really knows Kube's system).
                  Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                    Im pulling for Troy to win the job. Nothing against Sanchez, hope he plays well and Troy just outplays him. Would give Troy some games under his belt until Lynch emerges...gives us a strong 1-2 QB combo for the following two years with experience. Cut Sanchez, save 3.5M in cap and go sign Yates to be #3 (a guy who really knows Kube's system).
                    I hope Troy gets drafted soon.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                      Who's Troy?
                      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                        Who's Troy?
                        Ilium

10 char
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                          He was 2nd String when Peyton went down. And was likely to start, when osweiler hurt his knee and shoulder, if Manning's foot hadn't been ready.

And it wasn't the "fans" that took the somewhat unusual move of keeping a 3rd QB on the active roster, being worried that Siemian would be gone if he was available to other teams. If people want to look down their noses at Siemian, then your problem is with Gary Kubiak and John Elway, not the "fans".

You keep saying this, but it doesn't make it true. Elway kept Dysert on the roster his rookie year as well, and then in his second year he was off to the practice roster. Given the fact that we have Sanchez and Lynch as the top 2 QBs right now, I wouldn't be shocked if they kept Seimian on the 53 man again this year, but not as a vote of confidence that Seimian is the guy, but rather just a third QB to have around to hand the ball off if there's injuries to the other 2. If Elway and Kubiak really saw Seimian as a legitimate NFL QB who has a chance to start, they wouldn't have selected one in the first round, and most certainly wouldn't have traded up to do so.

As for Seimian starting last year, I don't think there was any chance of that, if Osweiler and Manning were both injured the Broncos would have had Christian Ponder starting.

Comment

Working...
                          X