Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver waives TE Richard Gordon

http://m.denverbroncos.com/news-and-...7-9aab250ff63c

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. - The Broncos waived tight end Richard Gordon, the team announced Wednesday.

The six-year veteran was originally signed on Oct. 14, 2015 to bolster Denver's depth at tight end. He was active for five games and played five total snaps (one on offense, four on special teams) in the team's Week 8 matchup against the Packers. Gordon was waived Dec. 1 when the Broncos needed to upgrade their safety depth after multiple injuries. He was later re-signed following the end of the postseason.

Interesting
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

This is not shocking at all.

Current Depth Chart"
    Your #1 and #2 are:

Green, Virgil
    Heuerman, Jeff

Then our overall needs at this position get very interesting. We have a FB who was just drafted so I'd expect that he'd take a roster spot so then it comes down to who can be the next best / player or potential H back option for us.

So far I'd say these two on the depth chart would be in the running:
    - Garner, Manasseh
    - Graham, Garrett

With injuries and the potential for more two TE sets I'd expect us to carry 3 TE's. With that in mind I could see 1 of the following remaining TE's making the PS as a near given or perhaps both if they both do well.

The remaining TE's:

- Norris, Anthony
    - Krieger-Coble, Henry

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post

Current Depth Chart"
      Your #1 and #2 are:

Green, Virgil
      Heuerman, Jeff

Then our overall needs at this position get very interesting. We have a FB who was just drafted so I'd expect that he'd take a roster spot so then it comes down to who can be the next best / player or potential H back option for us.

- Garner, Manasseh
      - Graham, Garrett

With injuries and the potential for more two TE sets I'd expect us to carry 3 TE's. With that in mind I could see 1 of the following remaining TE's making the PS as a near given or perhaps both if they both do well.

The remaining TE's:

- Norris, Anthony
      - Krieger-Coble, Henry
      What about that kid they picked up from the Raiders; I think his name was Kasa? Did he get waived?

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
        What about that kid they picked up from the Raiders; I think his name was Kasa? Did he get waived?
        He was waived either just before or just after the draft if I am not mistaken.

Article below:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...b-a7880766b973

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post

Current Depth Chart"
          Your #1 and #2 are:

Green, Virgil
          Heuerman, Jeff

- Garner, Manasseh
          - Graham, Garrett

The remaining TE's:

- Norris, Anthony
          - Krieger-Coble, Henry
          Manasseh Garner isn't really TE. He's an H-Back. He is alternatively listed as TE and a FB on different rosters, including ours:

John Grupp✔‎@JohnGrupp_trib
          Former Pitt WR Manasseh Garner (Brashear) was cut by the Chiefs today. He was signed as an undrafted free agent fullback.
          4:36 PM - 19 May 2015

"Garner is/was an NFL longshot. He didn't stand out at Pitt and as a senior, had a largely unproductive season in terms of pure stats as a starter at wide receiver opposite Tyler Boyd (17 catches for 201 yards and two touchdowns). Pitt's passing game was up and down last year and that certainly didn't help his cause to be able to stand out.

I won't rule him out entirely at this point. At the time, I said that his versatility was his biggest asset, and that's the one thing that could cause him to get additional looks despite a pretty light statistical career. He played wide receiver and tight end at Pitt, and his time at Kansas City was spent as a fullback. In addition, as a true freshman at Wisconsin, he saw time at defensive end.

To me, Garner is still an unlikely NFL player, but that experience at numerous positions is something that could ultimately be enough to get him another look or two.
          "

http://www.cardiachill.com/2015/5/19...ted-free-agent

The guy is 6'2" and I've seen his weight listed from 220 to 239 pounds. He's competing with Jano, not the TE's.
          Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Unless there are two Manessah Garners running around? I started looking into the guy when I noticed his weight. We had him listed as a 220 pound TE on the roster and that didn't really make sense to me - a 6'2"/220 pound TE? After drafting Jano my hunch is that the Broncos are trying to turn Garner into FB Dan Vitale. Up until just a few months ago most of our TE's were right around 6"5 and 260 pounds. I'm thinking Garner fits into the FB role physically. And he has a lot of experience doing things that you would want a FB to do here.

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
              Unless there are two Manessah Garners running around? I started looking into the guy when I noticed his weight. We had him listed as a 220 pound TE on the roster and that didn't really make sense to me - a 6'2"/220 pound TE? After drafting Jano my hunch is that the Broncos are trying to turn Garner into FB Dan Vitale. Up until just a few months ago most of our TE's were right around 6"5 and 260 pounds. I'm thinking Garner fits into the FB role physically. And he has a lot of experience doing things that you would want a FB to do here.
              If Kubiak plans to use a lot of two Back formations (21/22 personnel), depth will be needed. When Denver went to NE* in the 2011 playoffs, they were handicapped because their FB was out.

I'm thinking like you in that Garner is most likely to be repped at the same position as Janovich. Garrett might get repped there, too.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                If Kubiak plans to use a lot of two Back formations (21/22 personnel), depth will be needed. When Denver went to NE* in the 2011 playoffs, they were handicapped because their FB was out.

I'm thinking like you in that Garner is most likely to be repped at the same position as Janovich. Garrett might get repped there, too.
                Garner has been a WR, a TE, a FB and a DE. I've seen him listed as low as 220 pounds and as high as 239 pounds - at the same time. The only thing I have seen on him with any consistency at all is a height of 6'2". If that ends up equating to versatility rather than ineptness, and if he has solid fundamentals...we could have something. I agree with you that if we're going to make the FB part of our O then we have to have two of them capable of playing effectively.

Comment

Garner has been a WR, a TE, a FB and a DE. I've seen him listed as low as 220 pounds and as high as 239 pounds - at the same time. The only thing I have seen on him with any consistency at all is a height of 6'2". If that ends up equating to versatility rather than ineptness, and if he has solid fundamentals...we could have something. I agree with you that if we're going to make the FB part of our O then we have to have two of them capable of playing effectively.
                  OK. So, they cut Gordon in order to add whom?

Comment

OK. So, they cut Gordon in order to add whom?
                    The roster has been updated just since the last time I posted:

Code:
                    41 	Garner, Manasseh 	TE/FB 	6-2 	239	24	R 	Pittsburgh
                    80 	Graham, Garrett 	TE 	6-3 	243	29	7 	Wisconsin
                    85 	Green, Virgil 	        TE 	6-5 	255	27	6 	Nevada
                    82 	Heuerman, Jeff 	        TE 	6-5 	255	23	2 	Ohio State
                    84 	Krieger-Coble, Henry 	TE 	6-4 	248	23	R 	Iowa
                    83 	Norris, Anthony 	TE 	6-5 	250		R 	Southern Utah
                    Look who is now listed as a TE/FB. He was listed as a TE earlier today. That leaves us with four guys at the prototypical TE physical measurables. Garret Graham is now the odd man out. I don't know if we will pick up another TE. Depends on who becomes available, I guess. Do we need more than four?

Comment

Also, notice that Garner is now listed at 239 pounds when he was listed at 220 earlier today.

Comment

Also, notice that Garner is now listed at 239 pounds when he was listed at 220 earlier today.
                        Furr's cafeteria buffet strikes again.

Comment

He would have got more playing time if it hadn't been for that meddling Vernon Davis!
                          sigpic

Comment

Furr's cafeteria buffet strikes again.
                            You know I kind of feel like I just solved Blue's Clues with this whole Manassah Garner thing.

Comment

The TE position has been a revolving door. A lot of TEs are getting a quick look and then being let go since last year. I don't even know if I remember all of them. Richard Gordon was released twice last season and now a third time. Marcel Jensen, Jake Murphy, Dan Light, Dominique Jones were part of the offseason. We claimed Mitchell Henry from Green Bay. Arthur Lynch and Nick Kasa were on the practice squad. We can also count James Casey as a TE/FB hybrid. That's a lot of TEs.

Marcel Jensen was the one I liked the most because of his potential. Almost 6'6", 260 pounds, 34 7/8" arms. At least physically he looked like a potential in-line TE for this offense. He did not block as well as his size suggests, but was an interesting project for the practice squad. Maybe he's one of those "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" because he's been tossed around and can't stay with one team. Atlanta and Buffalo also let him go and now he's with Washington.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X