Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
    I think Janovich can be this guy.
    A Fullback probably doubles the number of rushing plays plays that can be run without one.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
      I think Janovich can be this guy.
      Oh I don't diagree. I think they will certianly try to push that as a staff. Now the question is who will be another guy who can backfill- read act as depth. Ideally you'd like that guy to be a / player. That being said there is nothing stating that Janovich must make the team....if he is outplayed and it is clear...who knows.

Comment

Seriously?

Janovich aint some scrub UFA who may or may not make the team.
        -
        He was mid round draft pick.. and IS the starting FB ALREADY.
        -

Janovich WILL have the most impact on this offense of any rookie 2016.

I aint a betting man.. but if you are..
        DO NOT bet against Andy making this team.
        - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          If Kubiak plans to use a lot of two Back formations (21/22 personnel), depth will be needed. When Denver went to NE* in the 2011 playoffs, they were handicapped because their FB was out.

I'm thinking like you in that Garner is most likely to be repped at the same position as Janovich. Garrett might get repped there, too.
          I was thinking Thompson makes more sense because of his versatility as a RB, FB and on specials.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
            I was thinking Thompson makes more sense because of his versatility as a RB, FB and on specials.
            Thompson would be a poor choice to play FB, imo.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
              This is not shocking at all.

Current Depth Chart"
              Your #1 and #2 are:

Green, Virgil
              Heuerman, Jeff

Then our overall needs at this position get very interesting. We have a FB who was just drafted so I'd expect that he'd take a roster spot so then it comes down to who can be the next best / player or potential H back option for us.

So far I'd say these two on the depth chart would be in the running:
              - Garner, Manasseh
              - Graham, Garrett

With injuries and the potential for more two TE sets I'd expect us to carry 3 TE's. With that in mind I could see 1 of the following remaining TE's making the PS as a near given or perhaps both if they both do well.

The remaining TE's:

- Norris, Anthony
              - Krieger-Coble, Henry
              Discussion today on the Denver Sports yakbox was
              that this Manasseh Garner will be used as FB behind Janovich.
              They were saying Garner is a beast of a man.
              -
              I heard TE Graham interviewed..
              he is best friends with Owen Daniels.
              Golf buddies.
              It killed him to take Daniels spot..
              but said his best year as a TE was with Kubiak..
              and he is very very familiar with the system Kubes is running in 2016.

Sounds like he is gonna help out this year ..
              based on what he KNOWS and EXPERIENCE.
              Last edited by PAINTERDAVE; 05-06-2016, 06:43 PM.
              - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Good post.

Denver had their pick of the Fullbacks, and I'm sure they scouted and evaluated them well and picked the guy they thought fit what they will be asking of him.

Yes, Fullbacks are primarily blockers. Lead blocking is mostly used in angle blocked plays like Wham. Fullback in the Zone Series is often asked to block backside pursuit. FBs are often asked to Kickout and Pass Protect as well.

Fullback offensive production is usually receiving. The intriguing thing about Janovich is that he had some rushing attempts last year. About the only run plays from FB depth are Dive and Trap. Could Kubiak be thinking about running Guard Hole Trap? That play is rarely seen in the NFL, or even college football anymore.

I'm looking forward to seeing Kubiak's usage of the Fullback position.
                I post this every year, but here's a link to the playbook from 2004, which will probably be similar to what the Broncos run this year.

http://www.footballxos.com/download/...e-Shanahan.pdf

As you talked about on most plays the FB is blocking backside, generally the Will, although on plays to the weak side this is a lead block. And on inside zone, if the HB cuts back, it can become a lead block if the FB is getting the Will.

Comment

I post this every year, but here's a link to the playbook from 2004, which will probably be similar to what the Broncos run this year.

As you talked about on most plays the FB is blocking backside, generally the Will, although on plays to the weak side this is a lead block. And on inside zone, if the HB cuts back, it can become a lead block if the FB is getting the Will.
                  I'll need more time to study this. Man, that's a lot of formations and routes!
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I'll need more time to study this. Man, that's a lot of formations and routes!
                    I know, the passing trees is insane! And all of the formations that they had, they still had split backs in the formation, even though I can't remember the Broncos running a true split back formation much at all after the 90's. But it was still in the playbook.

Comment

Thanks for that. I know I heard PFM calling adjustments at the LOS in the pattern described at the top of the document. They weren't exactly the same all of the time of course. But as I read the document I could actually hear is voice in my head from memory. It was something like, "Blue 38...blue 38...easy, easy...set-hut."
                      Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Working...
                      X