Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insider Broncos' Lynch-Sanchez QB combo threatens to drag down entire team

http://espn.go.com/nfl/insider/story...ntire-team-nfl

Me telling you they are not going to repeat is not a huge deal," one NFL coach said. "I am telling you it is going to be a complete strain."

Elway and the Broncos have often gotten the last laugh in these discussions. They can do it again eventually if Lynch develops into the quarterback they think he can become down the line. Can they contend in the meantime?

"No," a veteran coordinator said. "They will win maybe 10 games, and they will get beat in the playoffs as soon as they have to throw the ball to win."
    I know many of you Broncos fans agree with this sentiment.

This just sounds like the same disrespect we got all last season, and through the entire playoffs.

I realize most people don't think too highly of Sanchez, but that's pretty disrespectful to the rest of the team.

Comment

What I do not understand is as a team we won 13 games last season. Our QB play was awful and despite all of that we won the SB. Overall it could be argued that Sanchez is an upgrade over Peyton in some respects and Paxton can be touted and far and above better than Brock. Paxton is already better at recognizing pressure, avoiding getting sacked and his throwing motion does not need to be overhauled.

Now is it realistic to say "Hey we're gonna repeat!"....No. But it is equally or perhaps even more stupid to state that Sanchez & Lynch could not get us back to the SB. With a more complete run game, better offensive line & nearly our entire defense coming back it seems silly to make such outlandish comments like this.

Comment

If we are going to bank on what other teams coaches say about our Broncos, then we might as well sell the farm now! lol Who R these "other" coaches anyway? Let me guess, they R unknown or anonymous!
        With our revamped OL, offensive rookies and two new QB's, our offense may be much better than last season.
        Siemens may beat Sanchez and Lynch both out for the starting job this camp. I would think thou, Lynch will be our QB of the future!
        Thanks for posting the ESPN article, but they have a terrible East coast bias!

Comment

It is really unbelievable how our team gets so disrespected. This story is just as ridiculous as Charly Casslerlie saying HOU is the 2nd best team in the AFC behind NE. Really? When did they become a powerhouse? And all because of Oz? Whatever!
          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Put your name on it other coaches, put your money where your mouth is.
            What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
            I don't know and I don't care

Comment

I have a theory:
              The QB play could be worse than last year. But that's a stretch.
              Oz gets replaced by an aging Manning who just could not throw down the field.
              What that says about Oz is up for debut but I do not think he'll succeed all that much in Houston.
              I could be wrong. But I don't think I am.
              I will say this about Manning and the team.
              I feel like Manning had a certain amount of leadership and
              respect that Oz could never have. Manning's leadership was a catalyst.
              Let's hope the team finds another rally point to go far again.
              Maybe even a championship.

Comment

Originally posted by wmp View Post
                I have a theory:
                What that says about Oz is up for debut but I do not think he'll succeed all that much in Houston.

This ^^^^^. Great Post. CP for you.
                New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
                  If we are going to bank on what other teams coaches say about our Broncos, then we might as well sell the farm now! lol Who R these "other" coaches anyway? Let me guess, they R unknown or anonymous!
                  With our revamped OL, offensive rookies and two new QB's, our offense may be much better than last season.
                  Siemens may beat Sanchez and Lynch both out for the starting job this camp. I would think thou, Lynch will be our QB of the future!
                  Thanks for posting the ESPN article, but they have a terrible East coast bias!
                  I'm curious to know who this unnamed coordinator is. Sounds an awful lot like something Sean Salibury would say but anyway all this is, is fuel to the fire.

According that moron Cecil Lamie, our defense won't be as dominate without Malik Jackson because "nobody else on that defense at that position is capable of taking on double teams and still able to rush the passer as he did".

I just hope Derek Wolfe and Vance Walker are hearing this crap.

Comment

This is the crap that ESPN charges you for being an "Insider"? It's worthless crap from a worthless network. ESPN is sinking and the rats are deserting that sinking ship. Good luck on becoming the National Enquirer of sports journalism. You deserve it for destroying Monday Night Football, you useless hacks.
                    Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

I'm sorry I couldn't hear you. Please try speaking directly into the Lombardi.

Comment

sounds like a TMZ article written by a Patriots beat writer

Comment

I love when people make bold statements and don't put their name to it. I would bet dollars to donuts that the "veteran coaches" themselves have barely sniffed the playoffs themselves, let alone actually won a championship. I've found that the coaches that actually have "walked the walked" down championship road do very little negative talk about other teams. You'd never hear Belicheat say something as brash and bold as that, even off the record. He had a front row seat watching the most inept offense to ever win a SB dominate his strategically pieced together team that was favored to win it all. Then go in and dominate the 15-1, hottest team in the league, Panthers in SB50. All with Manning playing some of the worst football in history.

So as long as Elway and Kubes are running the show, the "Jeff Fisher's" (it actually sounds like a bite from him) of the NFL can continue to wallow in their perpetual mediocrity.
                          #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by wmp View Post
                            I have a theory:
                            So your theory is that a HoF iconic QB had more respect and leadership within the team then a backup with only a few games of experience. Go figure.

I do not agree with the article either. Kubiak will have the offense he actually has spent a lifetime developing instead of a hybrid Manning reliant offense. The players have improved and the weaknesses of the QBs can be dealt with by better overall offensive play.

Develop the run game, minimize QB mistakes and rely on the defense seems like a solid year to me.

Comment

That article's a joke. It's crazy how ESPN has gone so far downhill.
                              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X