Ward-Broncos' D "Light Years Ahead"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Just to keep the record straight.....when I said 20 something it was actually 27.3 yards per game. So no, not easy, but still not that shocking. Top 10 last season would have meant 9.4 more yards per game. Very attainable. So we may have to disagree, but I think our guys have enough potential to easily catapult into the top 10, perhaps 5.
    I do not disagree we have POTENTIAL.
    But we all know that means squat until they actually do it.

We have the POTENTIAL to be #1 in all catagories on both sides of the LOS.
    Pretty sure the odds are against that

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post

Always love your optimistic outlook.

Just teasing ya.
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I agree....it's all speculation at this point. But hey, isn't that what sports fans / analysts do?

I will respond with this, I do not think we will improve in certain categories. But I do believe we will have a better run game based on where I think Kubiak wants to take us, because our Oline will be better, and because CJ had an offseason and Booker will be hungry. I may be wrong, but of all the categories in football, this is one of them that I predict improvement. One more thing, I also expect whoever QB we play, that they will be more active on the run than our pair from last season.

~~~~~~

Further to.......I guess I should get back on topic. This is about D. But Garf, if you want a CP bet on rushing yardage this year, give me a shout. I suggest we base it on yards this year vs last.....not ranking. Rankings can mess with the yardage, and in fact, we could rise in the rankings but decrease in production.

So lets see.....I am predicting somewhere between 9.4 and 27.3 yards per game, or between 10th and 5th based on last season stats. How about I split the difference and go with an increase of 18 yards per game. That's a bit of a stretch.

What do you say?
        Last edited by CanDB; 05-29-2016, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Wade Phillips said the guys are further along this year than last year at this time.
          It is their 2nd year in this system...
          For the most part..
          they are no longer "learning" they are now executing what they already know.
          -
          There is absolutely no reason why this defense can not be as good or better.
          If they eliminate the penalties, the eye poking...

and if the offense is better than Manning's crap was...(17 picks in 8.5 games)
          if the offense is better by any measure...
          -
          this defense WILL be as good if not better.
          - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

I agree....it's all speculation at this point. But hey, isn't that what sports fans / analysts do?

I will respond with this, I do not think we will improve in certain categories. But I do believe we will have a better run game based on where I think Kubiak wants to take us, because our Oline will be better, and because CJ had an offseason and Booker will be hungry. I may be wrong, but of all the categories in football, this is one of them that I predict improvement. One more thing, I also expect whoever QB we play, that they will be more active on the run than our pair from last season.

~~~~~~

Further to.......I guess I should get back on topic. This is about D. But Garf, if you want a CP bet on rushing yardage this year, give me a shout. I suggest we base it on yards this year vs last.....not ranking. Rankings can mess with the yardage, and in fact, we could rise in the rankings but decrease in production.

So lets see.....I am predicting somewhere between 9.4 and 27.3 yards per game, or between 10th and 5th based on last season stats. How about I split the difference and go with an increase of 18 yards per game. That's a bit of a stretch.

What do you say?
            Sorry do not know what you mean by co bet.

But I'd go with Less than 18 per game considering all of the new OL guys and guys playing in spots spots.

While the talent level should be higher getting to know each other will take time.

I doubt that our QBs will be running much. Probably more than manning. Although IIRC one game last year he led the team with longest run from LOS.

Comment

Sorry do not know what you mean by co bet.

But I'd go with Less than 18 per game considering all of the new OL guys and guys playing in spots spots.

While the talent level should be higher getting to know each other will take time.

I doubt that our QBs will be running much. Probably more than manning. Although IIRC one game last year he led the team with longest run from LOS.
              I said CP bet. CPs are the goodies we reward each other with when we like a post. Some folks have bets here, and given we do not have much else to bet with.....plus it's only meant to be fun, so CPs are exchanged. Listen, it's no biggee. We'll probably forget anyway.

Bottom line, I expect more rushing yardage. How about we leave it there.....and continue talking D in this thread.

Comment

I said CP bet. CPs are the goodies we reward each other with when we like a post. Some folks have bets here, and given we do not have much else to bet with.....plus it's only meant to be fun, so CPs are exchanged. Listen, it's no biggee. We'll probably forget anyway.

Bottom line, I expect more rushing yardage. How about we leave it there.....and continue talking D in this thread.
                I understand CPs. I give them to you often. I did not understand bet. Max that can be given is one at a time.

I suspect it will be more yardage. I just do not think an improvement of 1.97 YPC that we had in some of the games is hard to do.

Comment

Working...
                X