Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Broncos to join the ROF

Broncos elect K Elam, LB Fletcher and S Lynch to Ring of Fame

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- A trio of former players is heading into the Denver Broncos' Ring of Fame: kicker Jason Elam, linebacker Simon Fletcher and safety John Lynch.

Owner Pat Bowlen, who was inducted last year, created the Ring of Fame in 1984 to honor players and administrators who played significant roles in the franchise's history.

Elam played the first 15 of 17 NFL seasons in Denver, where he's the all-time leader in field goals and points.

Fletcher spent his entire career (1985-95) with the Broncos and is the franchise's all-time sacks leader with 97 1/2. He appeared in 172 consecutive games and never missed a game in his career.

Lynch played four seasons (2004-07) in Denver and was a Pro Bowler each season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15...ynch-ring-fame

All three are well deserved in my opinion. Glad Fletcher got in. He should have been in years ago.

Who should be next?

Al Wilson?
    Champ Bailey?
    Peyton Manning?
    Ed McCaffrey?
    Trevor Pryce?
    sigpic

Originally posted by AllEyezOnZach27 View Post
    Broncos elect K Elam, LB Fletcher and S Lynch to Ring of Fame

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- A trio of former players is heading into the Denver Broncos' Ring of Fame: kicker Jason Elam, linebacker Simon Fletcher and safety John Lynch.

Owner Pat Bowlen, who was inducted last year, created the Ring of Fame in 1984 to honor players and administrators who played significant roles in the franchise's history.

Elam played the first 15 of 17 NFL seasons in Denver, where he's the all-time leader in field goals and points.

Fletcher spent his entire career (1985-95) with the Broncos and is the franchise's all-time sacks leader with 97 1/2. He appeared in 172 consecutive games and never missed a game in his career.

Lynch played four seasons (2004-07) in Denver and was a Pro Bowler each season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15...ynch-ring-fame

All three are well deserved in my opinion. Glad Fletcher got in. He should have been in years ago.

Who should be next?

Al Wilson?
    Champ Bailey?
    Peyton Manning?
    Ed McCaffrey?
    Trevor Pryce?
    Champ.....
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Champ, Al and Ed. I doubt they induct 3 at a time though. Is Rod in there?
      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
        Champ, Al and Ed. I doubt they induct 3 at a time though. Is Rod in there?
        Yes, Rod's already in
        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

I think Champ and Ed are a given. If it were up to me, Peyton would go into the ROF this year. I don't think any one player had a larger impact on the Broncos over such a short period than he did. Sure, Elway had had a larger impact over all, but I think Peyton's contribution was huge over that 4 year period.
          2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by ChupaThingy View Post
            I think Champ and Ed are a given. If it were up to me, Peyton would go into the ROF this year. I don't think any one player had a larger impact on the Broncos over such a short period than he did. Sure, Elway had had a larger impact over all, but I think Peyton's contribution was huge over that 4 year period.
            I think what that D, most QBs could have succeeded

Comment

Not a big fan of Lynch going in.

Next? Peyton Manning, for obvious reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                I think what that D, most QBs could have succeeded
                With Terrell Davis, Sharpe, Rod, Ed, and that 97 and 98 D, most QBs could've succeeded too.
                2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

Comment

I want Champ's name in there so badly. He deserves it just as much as these guys in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by ChupaThingy View Post
                    With Terrell Davis, Sharpe, Rod, Ed, and that 97 and 98 D, most QBs could've succeeded too.
                    TD was a 6th round pick, Sharpe a 7th round pick, Rod was an UDFA, and Eddie was a FA that only Shanahan coveted. That was a team of players that nobody wanted & gelled to win the SB. Except for a few players on this team, most of the successful ones were bought, because they were highly coveted

Comment

Elam has over 1,000 points more than
                      the next guy below him on the list. Over 1,700 points total.

-
                      Pretty amazing
                      -
                      Lynch made the Pro Bowl every year of his 4 years with Broncos..
                      back when making the pro Bowl actually meant something
                      -
                      Fletcher was a sack master.... I remember every year he
                      DIDN"T make the Pro Bowl... there was lots of ticked off fans.
                      Fletcher was an amazing player. He deserves this honor, big time.
                      - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Rick Upchurch should be the next in the Ring of Fame. He's long overdue.

Comment

John Elway Ring of Fame Ceremony 1999

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                            Rick Upchurch should be the next in the Ring of Fame. He's long overdue.
                            Rick Upchurch was inducted into the ROF in 2014.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Champ Bailey is due.

Comment

Working...
                              X