3 Broncos to join the ROF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    Lynch in before Al Wilson is a travesty. Honestly, Lynch in at all is a travesty.
    I agree on the Al Wilson part. Guy was the heart and soul of the TEAM for the majority of his career. 5x Pro Bowler and 2x All-Pro. Got played dirty by Shanny at the end of his career.

AW for ROF!!!
    sigpic

Comment

I feel all our home-grown 'greats' (players we drafted and were Broncos for all or the majority of their playing career) that folks here have named should be in our ROF before other teams greats that became Broncos at the tail-ends of their careers via trade or free agency unless they made major contributions to us winning.

I'm also only making my judgment off of our former players 'playing' career...I can't speak on any of their 'community' involvement so I can't factor that in.

To me players like John Lynch, Brian Dawkins, Neil Smith came to us at the end of their great careers and were 'greats' for their original teams but I wouldn't consider them as 'Broncos greats' so I wouldn't vote them in although it wouldn't upset me if they were voted in.

Players like Champ Bailey should definitely be in because although he came via trade from another team, he came while still in his prime and was great for 8 of his 10 years with us. Peyton Manning, while at the end of his career, still gave us 2 1/2 great record setting years and 2 SBs with 1 SB win, albeit thanks to the defense, so I'd vote him in.

Comment

There are a few people off the top of my head that deserve it more than Lynch. Loved watching the dude but he was a merc and didn't change anything in the Denver Broncos culture. He still captained over one of the statistically worse defenses the Broncos have ever had.

Al Wilson, John Mobley, Eddie McCaffery....

Good for John Lynch, he was awesome to watch, even have one of his jerseys, but this should've went to Eddie Mac for my $.
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Not a fan of the Lynch selection. I would have put Rulon Jones, Barney Chavous, Keith Bishop, Al Wilson, John Mobley in before Lynch.

If you are going to put someone like Lynch in why not put Lyle Alzado or Trevor Pryce?
          sigpic
          Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
          2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
          2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
            I feel all our home-grown 'greats' (players we drafted and were Broncos for all or the majority of their playing career) that folks here have named should be in our ROF before other teams greats that became Broncos at the tail-ends of their careers via trade or free agency unless they made major contributions to us winning.

I'm also only making my judgment off of our former players 'playing' career...I can't speak on any of their 'community' involvement so I can't factor that in.

To me players like John Lynch, Brian Dawkins, Neil Smith came to us at the end of their great careers and were 'greats' for their original teams but I wouldn't consider them as 'Broncos greats' so I wouldn't vote them in although it wouldn't upset me if they were voted in.

Players like Champ Bailey should definitely be in because although he came via trade from another team, he came while still in his prime and was great for 8 of his 10 years with us. Peyton Manning, while at the end of his career, still gave us 2 1/2 great record setting years and 2 SBs with 1 SB win, albeit thanks to the defense, so I'd vote him in.
            Oh and players like Ed McCaffrey should definitely be in our ROF. While he was a cast-off from his original first 2 teams he became a 'Broncos great' being as though we were his 3rd and final team.
            Last edited by Mel B.; 05-19-2016, 08:31 AM.

Comment

I strongly suspect Lynch is coming up on a HOF bid, and the Broncos did him a solid.
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I went to the Broncos facility around 2008/09 during the week hoping to see see some players. They were practing at the time i was there. I went to the gift shop and was talking to the lady inside and was asking how I could meet some players and she said it would be real hard to meet any, and then all of a sudden the lady said hey Jason Elam just pulled in go out there and maybe he will sign a picture for you.(they had a bunch of action photos of all the players in the shop.)

So I went out there with the picture and pen the lady in the gift shop gave me and went up to him and asked if he didn't mind signing it for me. He said no problem and asked where I was from and I told him I was from Atlanta but my dads side of the family all lives in the Springs and I was Visting them and catching a game of course while I was I. Town. I started talking about how cool it was he went to Brookwood HS in Atl and he was kind of shocked I knew where he went to high school. Long story short he talked to me for 25/30 min in the parking lot and was down to Earth to talk to. Their bye week was the following week and he told me he was traveling back to Atl during it and was going to see his HS team play against their big rival Parkview and told me to come to the game to hang out and watch it with him. I ended up not going for whatever reason that I can't remember but long story short he was such a super nice guy and talked to me for 25minz Usually athletes will talk to you for 2min or less and they are gone .

So happy he is going into the ROF

Comment

McCaffrey
                  Champ Bailey
                  Al Wilson

Those players should be ROF locks no questions asked.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X